NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Unless we played a more expansive style I fear Weimann would be fairly easily shackled as his best work comes off the ball from what I've seen. He's not a 1on1 player for me like say HBA, bit like Gouffran I guess although he sometimes has a trick.

I know people are sick of hearing this; but there are great number of 'realistic' targets who would be shackled by the type of football the manager plays. It's a valid point. It's why I'm coming round to the idea of Carroll signing. I don't want him, but we might as well if this is the football we're going to play.

Unless we played a more expansive style I fear Weimann would be fairly easily shackled as his best work comes off the ball from what I've seen. He's not a 1on1 player for me like say HBA, bit like Gouffran I guess although he sometimes has a trick.

I said exactly the same thing the other day when he was mentioned. He's all movement and timing of the runs, which would be negated in this side under this manager.

I know people are sick of hearing this; but there are great number of 'realistic' targets who would be shackled by the type of football the manager plays. It's a valid point. It's why I'm coming round to the idea of Carroll signing. I don't want him, but we might as well if this is the football we're going to play.

Hoofball isn't Carroll's game, though. King Kenny had Carragher and co lump it at him last season, and look what happened.

Carroll needs accurate, early delivery from wide areas. Are we equipped to give him that?

Hoofball isn't Carroll's game, though. King Kenny had Carragher and co lump it at him last season, and look what happened.

Carroll needs accurate, early delivery from wide areas. Are we equipped to give him that?

I'm under the impression that our wide delivery has improved considerably with Debuchy. The problem is that Cisse doesn't have a clue how to use his head.

Guest icemanblue

I'm under the impression that our wide delivery has improved considerably with Debuchy. The problem is that Cisse doesn't have a clue how to use his head.

You watch our games, buddy?

You'll deny that our wide delivery has improved considerably from Simpson to Debuchy, pal?

Guest icemanblue

You'll deny that our wide delivery has improved considerably from Simpson to Debuchy, pal?

No. I would wholeheartedly disagree that Cisse 'doesn't have a clue how to use his head', though.

Debuchy's crossing has been pretty poor for the most part (albeit not as bad as Simpson's). All our deliveries have been coming from far too deep though. Need to get to the byline a lot more and I think that's something HBA's return should bring.