NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'm confused are people saying Williamson's 6ft tall or someone else? He's about 6'3 isn't he?

Williams is 6ft, Williamson is circa 6ft 4.

Wow taller than his dad already!

Never been particularly excited about Pieters but right now given Douglas turning up looking like Sol Campbell he might not be a bad option. Clearly wants to come, is friends with Krul and would give competition for LB and CB. Think he would be pretty motivated if he came, worried about his lack of pace but I don't think it is too bad.

Guest Rob 1988

Gouffran heads for Bordeaux exit

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/7938359/Gouffran-heads-for-Bordeaux-exit

Bordeaux are braced for a bidding frenzy after confirming they would listen to any offers for the highly-rated winger Yoan Gouffran.

The 26-year-old caught the eye of a number of clubs around Europe with his 14 goals in an impressive season with the French side last time out.

Aston Villa, Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland have all been linked with the forward in recent weeks.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger tried to sign him after he was part of Caen's successful promotion push to the French top-flight and was named as Ligue 2 Player of the Year.

The winger, though, chose to remain in France and eventually signed a five- year contract at Bordeaux in 2008.

But the Frenchman has yet to sign an extension and as he is able to leave for nothing next summer when his contract runs out Bordeaux are eager to cash in on their prize asset.

Never been particularly excited about Pieters but right now given Douglas turning up looking like Sol Campbell he might not be a bad option. Clearly wants to come, is friends with Krul and would give competition for LB and CB. Think he would be pretty motivated if he came, worried about his lack of pace but I don't think it is too bad.

I really wouldn't be excited about Pieters as a CB tbh, maybe a decent option if our main fullback targets full through but as CB's go we can and we should be doing much better.

As mentioned before the Pieters interest is merely we are interested him as an back up option if Debuchy doesn't happen but he isn't a priority target.

I don't think Pards is fully sold on Santon yet, wouldn't be surprised to see us after another LB in addition to a new RB. Most likely won't happen this window, but you never know.

I forget how young Santon is though, so much time to get even better.

That journalist reckons he very nearly joined us in January and we've made it clear to his agent that as soon he's fit we're going to try and sign him.

I would be shocked if we bought Pieters and Debuchy quite frankly.

I would be shocked if we bought Pieters or Debuchy quite fankly.

That journalist reckons he very nearly joined us in January and we've made it clear to his agent that as soon he's fit we're going to try and sign him.

I would be shocked if we bought Pieters and Debuchy quite frankly.

I would be shocked if we bought Pieters or Debuchy quite fankly.

Why?

I'm pretty sure in the 2002-3 season, Griffin, Hughes & Bernard all played about 30 games each, Robson had a lot of rotation between those three. Signing both Pieters & Debuchy, with Santon able to play either side would enable us to do the same.

Edit: In all comps...

Griffin - 35 starts, 5 subs

Bernard - 34 starts, 8 subs

Hughes - 47 starts, 1 sub

Guest bimpy474

I'm pretty sure in the 2002-3 season, Griffin, Hughes & Bernard all played about 30 games each, Robson had a lot of rotation between those three. Signing both Pieters & Debuchy, with Santon able to play either side would enable us to do the same.

Hughes was rotated in the centre too, something Peters can also do.

Can't remember Hughes at centre-back much that season? Was mainly Bramble, O'Brien & Dabizas first-half of the season, S.Caldwell played a few, and then Woodgate came.

Guest bimpy474

Can't remember Hughes at centre-back much that season? Was mainly Bramble, O'Brien & Dabizas first-half of the season, S.Caldwell played a few, and then Woodgate came.

As i remember it, it was only 3 or 4 games but thats the beauty of it. Comfortable if needed, even if its for 3 games or so, ala Perchie last season.

Inventing quotes from 'a source' rule one: make sure you get your facts right.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-andy-carroll-could-1180624

A Newcastle source told People Sport: “All our plans are up in the air until we find out on Tuesday what Ba is doing. We understand his people have talked to Rubin Kazan and Galatasaray, but we have not received any offers from any of the top clubs in Europe.

“This is exactly what happened with Jose Enrique 12 months ago, when he and his people kept us waiting until he moved to Liverpool right at the death on transfer-deadline day. We don’t want a repeat of that.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14494213

Jose Enrique joins Liverpool from Newcastle

Oops.