Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

The protection Cisse gets on here is ridiculous. I don't for one second believe he isn't a top player but the lengths some will go to blame anyone else (usually Demba Ba'stard) is mental :lol:

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Ba is the one scoring goals and he should play up top.  When Cisse starts scoring again, then that will be the time for that discussion.

Ba is the one scoring goals and he should play up top.  When Cisse starts scoring again, then that will be the time for that discussion.

How's that ever going to happen, though? Ba leaving? 

:lol: How is Cisse ever going to start scoring again? Come on, man.

He's either going to have to start scoring as a winger or in a partnership with Ba - neither will happen on a consistent basis.

:thup:

Both are/were playing central. Ba has taken his chances, Cisse hasn't. I am pro 4-4-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 as anyone but I don't believe the only reason Cisse isn't scoring is because Ba isn't playing on the left.

If Cisse starts banging them in I will change my mind but so far Ba is the one who has EARNED that central role. He has forced the issue but as he is walking the walk I can't see how anyone can take issue with him. If he kicked off to play centrally then failed then fair enough but he has scored the majority of our goals and justified his request. If we play better with one up top it shouldn't be the one who is performing that is dropped.

Guest neesy111

Had an absolute sitter v City which is absolutely fluffed.  If he isn't scoring chances like that then he doesn't deserve to be our main striker.

Had an absolute sitter v City which is absolutely fluffed.  If he isn't scoring chances like that then he doesn't deserve to be our main striker.

That's it. Ba is taking his chances and Cisse isn't taking his. The difference between them on the wing is minimal.

It is JF, when I brought it up before history had been rewritten but every time Ba played wide last season it was comments about his shit touch or "he just needs a goal" "desperately needs a goal today", now he is the obvious choice for the wing and Cisse couldn't possibly play there despite Ba massively out performing him centrally. Performances have picked up recently with Cisse put out wide but there is still this strange desperation to move our goalscorer wide and the lad with one goal and one smashed off him to take responsibility as the main goal threat.

Drop Cisse then and start Shola

The wheels are in motion apparently. He needs a goal or 2 tomorrow more than he ever has because after that it's not getting any easier any time soon.

Buying a striker without selling one would be very helpful as well  :yao:

It is JF, when I brought it up before history had been rewritten but every time Ba played wide last season it was comments about his s*** touch or "he just needs a goal" "desperately needs a goal today", now he is the obvious choice for the wing and Cisse couldn't possibly play there despite Ba massively out performing him centrally. Performances have picked up recently with Cisse put out wide but there is still this strange desperation to move our goalscorer wide and the lad with one goal and one smashed off him to take responsibility as the main goal threat.

There was a lot of "he's getting chances but he's not taking them" as well, ironically. There's a myth going around that swapping Ba and Cisse will make us a much better team but that ignores that our defence and midfield were playing infinitely better last year and we were brimming with confidence and self belief. There's more to football than tactics, as the ol' Flasher says.

We meed them both scoring that is the main issue we have. Yes Ba did not score when he played wide left, Cisse not scoring when played wide right both it would seem cannot play together centrally. So what do we do?

Is it just a case or drop one and start Shola or Marv as part of a front 3, if its just confidence affecting Cisse then dropping him is not going to help with that.

Could we play Cisse central and play Ba as a free role striker behind Cisse?

Sadly I don't see an answer to playing them both, so far Cisse has had a great half season end of last and Demba has had two great first halves to this and last season.

I find it very frustrating that they cannot find a way of creating a partnership, you would think its i both their interests to try and work on it, for both club & country.

I have no qualms about Cisse playing wide tbf, as Flash said there isn't much difference between either of them out there, Ba is banging them away and Cisse is infinitely better than the alternatives out there.

I have no qualms about Cisse playing wide tbf, as Flash said there isn't much difference between either of them out there, Ba is banging them away and Cisse is infinitely better than the alternatives out there.

Can't understand this opinion at all. Cisse is next to useless out wide and Ba does a pretty good job. There's no contest IMO, it's totally obvious that that's how they should line up.