Just to be unpopular...

Heron

I've never once mentioned the booing. I am on about the silence throughout. Clever dick.

You're right you didn't but half of the thread is about booing.

But not my posts. So don't quote me when it has fuck all to do with it.  O0

Do they not have comparitively low ticket prices in the German league? I think that helps, low prices and full stadiums every week. The atmosphere in general at stadiums in this country, with a few exceptions, has been poor for a while.

The healthy financial position of the Bundesliga has had the knock on effect of the average price of a ticket falling to around seventeen quid a game. That combined with safe standing allows for consistently top crowds.

Due my abysmal financial situation I don't get to as many games these days as I used to. However in my view there's a marked difference between the standard Saturday three O' clock bunch and a majority of our other crowds and it has little to do with attendance. They moan and groan at every misplaced pass, jump on the backs of certain players and generally go to complain rather than support.

Obviously this is only my opinion and it is a generalisation that won't apply to every individual, but it is very noticeable. Tin hat donned.

Guest Sophie S
However in my view there's a marked difference between the standard Saturday three O' clock bunch and a majority of our other crowds and it has little to do with attendance. They moan and groan at every misplaced pass, jump on the backs of certain players and generally go to complain rather than support.

Find the ones shouting abuse at our own players the worst. Had a woman with a horrible voice sitting behind us on Saturday, she almost drove me crazy calling everyone, especially Ben Arfa, f***ing stupid idiots.

Regarding booing: everyone is entitled their opinion, but people that boo at poor performances are apparently more interested in seeing quality football than in supporting Newcastle. It would be lovely to have both, but if they can't live with our team playing rubbish occasionally then I want to tell them to go and support ManCity, it won't happen as often there.

Regarding the silence when doing bad: I'm not the person to start chanting anyway, but on this occasion I was just to shocked and nervous to taking part in any singing. Couldn't do more but the occasional clapping/shouting. Then again, I find the idea of having a silent stadium against Sunderland almost more embarrassing than going behind and certainly hope that won't be the case. We'd be letting us and the team down. But honestly... that won't happen. Neither.