Just to be unpopular...

Heron

Do they not have comparitively low ticket prices in the German league? I think that helps, low prices and full stadiums every week. The atmosphere in general at stadiums in this country, with a few exceptions, has been poor for a while.

Guest neesy111

I've been saying for 5 years now, football is becoming a middle-class sport because the working man which was the core supporter for all clubs has been priced out.  My father was a season ticket holder for almost 20 years but he's jacked it on for good because it's too expensive and because he's sick of greed within the game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Do they not have comparitively low ticket prices in the German league? I think that helps, low prices and full stadiums every week. The atmosphere in general at stadiums in this country, with a few exceptions, has been poor for a while.

Tickets in Germany are very low in comparison to the Premier League, and I'm pretty sure its one price for all (so not category A++ prices against Man U/Sunderland for example). The league involve the fan's when setting prices too. I'm sure I remember they increased the prices against the fan's backing and people didn't show up out of protest.  :lol:

BVB fans are refusing to buy tickets for the upcoming "Revier derby" clash with Schalke in Gelsenkirchen after S04 pushed up ticket prices this season for away fans by up to 50%.

Dortmund's trainer Jürgen Klopp supports them saying "Why should our fans pay for them to sign Huntelaar ?".

The funny thing is that in the Premiership the tickets would still be regarded as fairly cheap, the tickets behind the goal for this game are 20 euros or about 16 pounds 75.

Dortmund have announced they will refund money to any supporters who have already bought tickets for the game.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/264411-Dortmund-fans-to-boycott-the-derby

I go fkn nutts like, got scares on my calves to prove it.. anyone else took the skin off the back of tier legs by catching them on the seat when celebrating a goal ?

I have no issue with the way our fans celebrate a goal, I am more pissed off about the lack of noise during open play. We used to make a lot of noise all of the time and as we are in such a good league position you would think we would be loud as fuck but our fans still seem all doom & gloom.

I'm not going to lie, the Wolves equaliser knocked the stuffing out of me. I still tried to urge the team on and get a winner but I was too stunned tbh. Admittedly I screamed 'f*ck off' when the final whistle went and stormed home but I struggle to control my emotions when it comes to football :lol: But for the record I think that for the position we are in St.James' should be more of a cauldron of noise and aggression towards the opposition. However, in saying that, I think it's still million times better than the majority of other Premiership grounds.

I didn't boo and I didn't really notice anyone around me who did but I fully understand the frustrations of those who did.  How else are people supposed to express their annoyance at the team's performance?  Write a tersely-worded letter of complaint to the club?  Polite applause, a shrug and better luck next time boys, maybe then you won't piss away a 2 goal lead against relegation candidates?

We were abysmal in the 2nd half on Saturday and if a section of the crowd booed then so what?  They didn't deserve applause.

Guest WashyGeordie

On the highlights, our 2 goals on both BBC/Football First were loud.

Silent at times though, but like the 'bigger games', ie. Man Utd, Spurs, the atmosphere has actually been good.

The performance didn't really help yesterday though, we couldn't even make 2 passes together at times. But considering next week people will be drinking way earlier, and are always up for Derby's, i can see it being the best atmosphere of the season.

I didn't boo and I didn't really notice anyone around me who did but I fully understand the frustrations of those who did.  How else are people supposed to express their annoyance at the team's performance?  Write a tersely-worded letter of complaint to the club?  Polite applause, a shrug and better luck next time boys, maybe then you won't piss away a 2 goal lead against relegation candidates?

We were abysmal in the 2nd half on Saturday and if a section of the crowd booed then so what?  They didn't deserve applause.

I've done this a few times, just stood there arms crossed at the full time whistle. Other times, like Fulham away, I've turned my back as they walk off the pitch (not that it mattered at Fulham because I was closer to the Thames than the pitch and only one player applauded the travelling fans).

Booing has a place for opposition players, Karl Henry and Nigel De Jong, but not the players you are technically there to support. I'd rather poor performances from our own players were met with silence rather than booing. Same goes for cheering when a sub (normally Shola or more recently Obertan) is subsituted.

Total silence would be amazing but you could never orchestrate that. but booing is out of the question for me

Annoyingly we get complete silence when there should be some background sound. As much as shitty teams with drums do my head in, at least they don't have awkward silences. We needed a song that can be sung for minutes on end. There have been a few this season to compete with 'toon toon, black and white army' but many are sung far too fast and are forced to finish before people explode. I'm known for being the guy starting this at away games who'll start it, take a breather when it eventually takes off, then be there to start it off again when it dies. Unfortunately where I sit at home, I wouldn't even try.

...next week, in the very unlikely event of us going behind to S*nderland, can those of you who sat on your hands with your gobs shut yesterday when things stopped going so well, please find your faith and get behind your club?

Yesterday was a-f***ing-bysmal second half. Anyone can support a club doing well.

Sorry - but it had to be said.

p*ss off.  People pay good money to watch a football game, they are entitled to say what they think.

I didn't say they weren't, I just think they should actually get behind them when we aren't playing as well (for a change). Sometimes that little bit encouragement is enough to grab a lucky goal and change the whole confidence of the side.

I didn't say they weren't, I just think they should actually get behind them when we aren't playing as well (for a change). Sometimes that little bit encouragement is enough to grab a lucky goal and change the whole confidence of the side.

The booing was at full time, a goal at that time would have been more than lucky.

The booing was at full time, a goal at that time would have been more than lucky.

I've never once mentioned the booing. I am on about the silence throughout. Clever dick.