Newcastle Utd 1 - 1 Olympiakos - 27/07/12 (NUFC win 4-4 on pens)

morla84

Guest Roger Kint

Olympiakos. 10

Braga 5

Newcastle 5

We basically need it to go to pens to win the competition :lol:

What actually happened in the first game? :lol:

Exactly the same. 1-1 draw, 4-4 on pens.

Ah right, was 1-1 after about an hour last i checked

Guest bimpy474

Tomorrow ...

Harper

Tavernier    Simpson    Coloccini    Raylor

Marveaux  Tiote              Cabaye    Jonas

Ba                Cisse

FYP...Cant see Saylor starting 2 games in 2 days like :lol:

Krul could do though.

It'll be Tav instead of Taylor i reckon.

Not impressed at all with Vuckic.

Romain on the other hand played really well. Good to see :thup:

Other than that it was rather disappointing at a very disappointing pitch. Still frustrating to not win. And really. We are not creating much. But what to excect with Shola? He is just so shit!

btw. Willo may be a good defender. But what the hell. Get him out of the pitch. He just cant handle a football :-X

Not impressed at all with Vuckic.

Romain on the other hand played really well. Good to see :thup:

Other than that it was rather disappointing at a very disappointing pitch. Still frustrating to not win. And really. We are not creating much. But what to excect with Shola? He is just so s***!

btw. Willo may be a good defender. But what the hell. Get him out of the pitch. He just cant handle a football :-X

I'm as passionate about Newcastle as the next person, but get a grip.

Guest andrew

I actually thought williamson did quite well. was better than taylor (who wasn't bad by any stretch) but will take a bit longer to get into the groove. he doesn't seem to have lost much mobility but definitely needs games now (saylor). i didnt think abeid that as much defensive work as he should have at times, the excellent bigirimana was overworked. sammy inconsistent but in general dangerous, amalfitano looking decent.

I actually thought williamson did quite well. was better than taylor (who wasn't bad by any stretch) but will take a bit longer to get into the groove. he doesn't seem to have lost much mobility but definitely needs games now (saylor). i didnt think abeid that as much defensive work as he should have at times, the excellent bigirimana was overworked. sammy inconsistent but in general dangerous, amalfitano looking decent.

Not saying anything about his defense work. Just that I hope we don´t need to see a player that can´t pass in our team.

Yeh we were generally sub standard in most our friendly's last season and pre-season as a whole was chaotic, and look how that panned out.

Cliche maybe, but its about finding match fitness before the real stuff comes along, aswell as giving fringe players a chance to show they are more than that.

Ryder got it wrong ffs :lol:

“@lee_ryder: Had the rules explained, goals scored will only be used if all teams are level. So basically if #nufc win tomorrow they win tournament”

Ryder got it wrong ffs :lol:

“@lee_ryder: Had the rules explained, goals scored will only be used if all teams are level. So basically if #nufc win tomorrow they win tournament”

There's a fucking surprise.

I don´t think I made any big conclusions tonight. Only that I think Bigi would be ready to play in the league (not only after seeing this match), starting to question Vuckic capacity, that Willo still can´t pass and that Shola is shit.

But the last two statements is of course not new ones.

Christ its a friendly

Well. This is the forth friendly and I think you can start to see a pattern. And oh. There was also a last season.

we finished 5th

What has that to do with Shola and Willo?