Alan Pardew

Dave

it does disappoint me when people bitch about pardew like kids. he put alot of things right at this club and we can compete with the best again.

Like what?

the f***ing league position for a start.

I think he has been massively aided by our competent scouting network and the tremendous team morale developed in the Championship season.

Putting Santon at RB and Ferguson at LB would solve a few problems in one move.

Has Ferguson shown anything, other than crossing ability, to suggest he's ready to start games at LB in the premiership?

He's started league games before and done well. Always looked very positive when he comes on too., which is something we're missing.

He's only impressed in the limited game time he's had, hindu.

Deserves a crack - don't think anyone is suggesting he'll definitely be up to task, but he is a promising alternative to a system which clearly doesn't work.

We massively improved our team for little outlay, replacing players like Kevin Nolan with Yohan Cabaye. It is no coincidence that our league position drastically improved.

you could name a list of players the scouting team has brought in which is all in all quite correct. but if pardew were to go, we would suffer and who would we replace him with?

We finished 5th last season, are in Europe and have one of the strongest teams in the league. Plus the much admired scouting network and 50,000 fans at every home game.

We could attract a very good manager but I have no faith in Ashley and Llambo appointing one.

frank de boer no chance him coming, the other 3 are not better than pardew and in any case i dont want him to go.

Yeh, Benitez, who has won La Liga and The Champions League, is not a better manager than Alan Pardew.

It's a pointless debate, anyway, the board clearly have a huge amount in faith in Pardew, and a change of management is not something that is likely to happen.

Putting Santon at RB and Ferguson at LB would solve a few problems in one move.

Has Ferguson shown anything, other than crossing ability, to suggest he's ready to start games at LB in the premiership?

He's started league games before and done well. Always looked very positive when he comes on too., which is something we're missing.

He's only impressed in the limited game time he's had, hindu.

Deserves a crack - don't think anyone is suggesting he'll definitely be up to task, but he is a promising alternative to a system which clearly doesn't work.

When we lose a first team defender midgame & dont have Cabaye infront of Tiote*

Hes definately more suited to that side going forwards, but we've yet to see whether that would be balanced out defensively in comparison to Santon. In the air he'd obvously be much weaker for one, it may not be needed if we've sufficient creativity on the pitch. Otherwise he definately offers an extra attacking option to consider yeah.

Fucking hell man.

Yes you can criticise him, yes he has flaws and makes mistakes. But can we please not actively discuss other managers that could even hypothetically replace him? Imagine how utterly horrendous that would come across to any outsiders reading the board.

Infact, fuck the outsiders they're cunts. But it is still massively poor taste.

f***ing hell man.

Yes you can criticise him, yes he has flaws and makes mistakes. But can we please not actively discuss other managers that could even hypothetically replace him? Imagine how utterly horrendous that would come across to any outsiders reading the board.

Infact, f*** the outsiders they're c***s. But it is still massively poor taste.

It's hypothetical, yo.

I didn't really want to do this, but off the top of my head (there's probably more):

Martinez, Jol, Benitez, and Frank de Boer.

Frank de Boer would probably turn us down but he'd be my preferred choice.

The sad thing is there's plenty more like you at SJP.