Alan Pardew

Dave

Would be hard to like Poyet giving how the c*** cost us the FA Cup under Bobby.

You mean like the 2 goals KK scored against us in the FA Cup Final at Wembley in 74....!??

Somehow, everyone forgot about that......

No I don't mean like that, because it was 14 years before I was born.

Hard to "forget" about something that you didn't see happen.

one win and a couple of draws should see us safe. Hopefully we get more than that though, with the games we have left we should be looking to try and remain unbeaten until the end of the season.

As for sacking Pardew thats the easy part , Getting some one better may be a lot harder than most people think.

I was asking this as well.  No one answer except one suggesting someone from Lyon.

I do think Pardew should be credited for bringing in foreign players well and settling them down.  Actually this is a lot more harder than what people think.  Usually it's the manager who make a wishlist to the chairman and the scouts and get the players they want.  It is the opposite here --- the scout make recommendations and the chairman makes decisions based on "bargain".  The manager's opinion has the lowest priority.  Imagine you are Pards, you are told to use the new players, even if you know that they actually don't fit in your own system or they simply not suited to EPL. Yes it is your job to do it, but most of the managers didn't have this problem.  Pards do.

If there is a good manager available I would agree Pards should be replaced to bring the team forward, but I don't think Pards is THAT bad as people suggest here.  Bringing in new players, especially when it is not those the manager's asking for, is never an easy task.  Luque (Spanish International) and Viana (Euro 21 Golden Boy) were both very good players, but we all knew what happened in the end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/20/fulham-martin-jol-contract

If we tried to nab Jol then would we only have to pay a year's worth of his wages to Fulham?  Not that we'd do it like. :lol:

Didn't Jol reject the job in the past or did i imagine that?

I think he left Ajax right when we sacked CH so it was assumed we were after him but of course that was never the plan.

I really like Jol based on what i seen him do for Spurs and Fulham. Spurs in particular as he's a massive reason why there are where they are today.

But yeah he hasn't won very much, but as a coach i do rate him in terms of actual coaching and building teams.

But honestly i could bring up a whole host of names i rate above Pardew so it doesn't really mean an awful lot.

Not that it's hard to do like but I remember Jol outclassing Pardew tactically earlier on this season.

Think that he would be a great appointment for us. Not that we would go for him mind.

Not that it's hard to do like but I remember Jol outclassing Pardew tactically earlier on this season.

Think that he would be a great appointment for us. Not that we would go for him mind.

Was funny how he'd clearly instructed his players to have a breather and let Simpson get on with it every time he was in possession. :lol:

And last season down there. We went in 1-0 up, Jol changed a few things about, Pardew didn't respond and 20 minutes later we're 4-1 down. :lol:

Was funny how he'd clearly instructed his players to have a breather and let Simpson get on with it every time he was in possession. :lol:

It was great :lol: Simpson found himself under no pressure at all most of the time - then he'd QWOP and spoon the ball for a throw in.

I felt sorry for Hatem in that game. What a goal, though.

It was great :lol: Simpson found himself under no pressure at all most of the time - then he'd QWOP and spoon the ball for a throw in.

I felt sorry for Hatem in that game. What a goal, though.

:lol: Danny Simpson, QWOP'ing all over the world.

Guest hobshobs

FWIW there's no way I'd chop in Pardew for Di Canio.

The press are carrying stories today about Gazza maybe getting a chance to have a role at the club at youth development level at some point. No joking, if we get Pardew out today, I'd happily give Gazza the managers role. He honestly, honestly couldn't do any worse than this clown we seem to be stuck with.

Jol is a step above pardew but not te manager to take us to where we want to be. He was shafted ala hughton at spurs for the same reason we want pardew gone, not a top 4 manager. Whether we are in the position to find someone of that calibre I don't know but if we do replace pardew we have to be careful we don't find ourselves in the same situation in two/three years time.

There is precisely zero chance of Alan Pardew not being our manager at the start of next season. So discussing potential replacements is a waste of time.

Yeah, the people who run the show at our club are really predictable.