Security for fans

womblemaster

I don't know the statistics and I don't really care, there's no need for a bloke and his son to be jumped by a pack of nobs, regardless of how a few of their lot go on. It just comes across like your Man U vendetta, A deep genuine hatred of a club and it's fans for arbitrary reasons.

Like the fucking Lyon lot would have had a clue what they were shouting anyway.

Vendetta?  You're laughable. Honestly.  And you think the word that they chant isn't a universal one ? Fuck me.

I honestly feel for the bloke and his son, it always seems to be the way that the innocent ones take the flak for the arseholes.

And to just put your facts straight as they weren't even on the right page. I have no hatred for Tottenham, indeed quite the opposite. Some of the most attractive football I've ever seen, has come from Hoddle inspired Spurs teams.

Areet then, I'm just thrown by comments like this I suppose :lol:

Fucking Spurs fans would get attacked by home fans even if they were drawn away to Vatican City. Gobby Cockerney arseholes.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear that they have a large arsehole hooligan faction.

Areet then, I'm just thrown by comments like this I suppose :lol:

Fucking Spurs fans would get attacked by home fans even if they were drawn away to Vatican City. Gobby Cockerney arseholes.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear that they have a large arsehole hooligan faction.

That chant things that would stick in the craw of the anti semitic factions that are commonplace abroad.

It's bad when clubs have to employ security for their fans but Spurs have definitely been targeted by fascists. I know there has been incidents with other English clubs; Liverpool at Zenit, even some of our lads last night, but nothing on the scale of these attacks.

The American solution to this problem: give each Spurs fan a handgun when they travel to the continent.

Actually, the American solution is not to have separate seating. Sharing bathrooms and turnstiles! The Horror!

We probably lose a great deal in terms of atmosphere, but people don't develop the same crowd mentality when everyone is mixed together. People act and do stupid things when they are members of groups-- things they wouldn't do otherwise. 

We've never really had problems with crowd violence at sporting events despite being-- I think- an extremely violent society.

It did seem to kick off down the other end actually, loads of there fans started running towards the pitch but there stewards stopped them. Not sure if they were trying to get to us. Some of there fans did seen to be wanting trouble. One guy got taken out by police, only to make his way back into the seating area. Everyone was just laughing at him. I feel horrendous, horrible journey today

Perhaps if certain sections of Spurs fans stopped gallivanting around away grounds and surrounding areas chanting the word "yiddos" in an aggressive manner then they wouldn't be getting attacked by all and sundry when they travelled abroad or to away fixtures.

And their "lads" declaring themselves as self styled londons current No. 1's in the radgy stakes as well.

Perhaps if certain sections of Spurs fans stopped gallivanting around away grounds and surrounding areas chanting the word "yiddos" in an aggressive manner then they wouldn't be getting attacked by all and sundry when they travelled abroad or to away fixtures.

And their "lads" declaring themselves as self styled londons current No. 1's in the radgy stakes as well.

Exactly. Glad it isn't just me then.

Football really can't be compared to other sports in terms of crowd passion and intensity.

American football, at both the professional and top college levels is definitely up there. With stadiums that seat 50 to 100,000+, hours to get properly pissed up before the game, long-standing rivalries (many college football ones go back over 100 years), a small schedule (16 games for the pros before playoffs, only 12 for college) so the result of each game is critical, and crowds dominated by young males violent bullshit is pretty inevitable. In typical U.S. fashion, people don't often get killed, so the violence isn't mentioned much.

I experienced some nasty stuff on a regular basis when I was an undergrad including some full-scale skirmishes that stretched out over blocks and required riot police and tear gas to break up. I've also had some quite menacing stuff at certain away games, including, memorably, some hateful shouting and chanting directed at my then-pregnant wife.

Football really can't be compared to other sports in terms of crowd passion and intensity.

American football, at both the professional and top college levels is definitely up there. With stadiums that seat 50 to 100,000+, hours to get properly pissed up before the game, long-standing rivalries (many college football ones go back over 100 years), a small schedule (16 games for the pros before playoffs, only 12 for college) so the result of each game is critical, and crowds dominated by young males violent bullshit is pretty inevitable. In typical U.S. fashion, people don't often get killed, so the violence isn't mentioned much.

I experienced some nasty stuff on a regular basis when I was an undergrad including some full-scale skirmishes that stretched out over blocks and required riot police and tear gas to break up. I've also had some quite menacing stuff at certain away games, including, memorably, some hateful shouting and chanting directed at my then-pregnant wife.

American football (along with Football in England) isn't up there with the stuff you see on the the continent, or in South America etc. Partly because of rules and regulations, partly because they're just nutters :lol:

American football (along with Football in England) isn't up there with the stuff you see on the the continent, or in South America etc. Partly because of rules and regulations, partly because they're just nutters :lol:

No problem ceding the top spot to them.

It was like that here in the 70's and 80's and it still goes on at lower league clubs and at some Premiership grounds.

Aye, I missed all of that which is a bit of a shame, obviously glad the hooligan element has largely been eradicated but it would be nice to get the terraces back. There's still some fantastic atmospheres generated in the top flight like dependent on the game.

There's no other sport in the world though, to my knowledge, that will generate the passion we see at football grounds in the likes of Istanbul, Buenos Aires etc.

Aye, I missed all of that which is a bit of a shame, obviously glad the hooligan element has largely been eradicated but it would be nice to get the terraces back. There's still some fantastic atmospheres generated in the top flight like dependent on the game.

There's no other sport in the world though, to my knowledge, that will generate the passion we see at football grounds in the likes of Istanbul, Buenos Aires etc.

Watched an ice hockey game in a bar in Canada many years ago and at one point they were hoying tables around and bottling each other.

Only calmed down when Canada's other national passion, the striptease, started.