Alan Pardew

Mike

Worryingly for me, I think apathy is setting in. I walked away from St James extremely disappointed but it's almost become the norm that type of shambolic performance. The club has no ambition and we have a big standard (some would call shite) manager. Will always support the club and will no doubt go to a couple more games this season but definitely losing the passion a bit. It's been sapped out of me.

Laudrups already won a trophy, and plays better football.  I know who I prefer

They play better football? Got any proof? I'm sure Happy Face will pull out a pie chart from 2012 to prove that's false information.  :bluestar:

He can pull a horse out of a donkey that boy.

Guest bimpy474

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

"Last year" isn't the same as last season. Is this another one of your creative uses of stats?

No. I meant last season. We won 9 at home. They won 6.

Its a pointless discussion.  Like being asked who would win a fight between the grufallo and sasquatch.  I named several other PL managers I wouldn't be fussed on at the same time. It's really not worth pages of discussion.

I'd rather win 6 at home but finish 9th(edit), than win 9 and finish 16th. Besides they collected only 2 pts less than us at home, and lost 4 less than we did.

Stats are just utter bollocks, and another excuse to give Pardew.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

"Last year" isn't the same as last season. Is this another one of your creative uses of stats?

Its a pointless discussion.  Like being asked who would win a fight between the grufallo and sasquatch.  I named several other PL managers I wouldn't be fussed on at the same time. It's really not worth pages of discussion.

Fair enough. I didn't realise Swansea won so few games at home tbh, but I would guess their striker options probably had a fair bit to do with that. We did have Ba and Cisse for the first half of the season after all.

I'd rather win 6 at home but finish 8th, than win 9 and finish 16th. Besides they collected only 2 pts less than us at home, and lost 4 less than we did.

You seem to have missed the point of Willie's argument. He only goes to watch a team that plays to win. The fact that Swansea drew more games than we did is of no interest to him. Newcastle won more than them so as someone that wants to see winning football he got his moneys worth more with Newcastle. More than he would any team outside the top 6.

The question was asked of me who I'd rather stick with Pardew over bringing in from the other premier league clubs.

I said I'd be ambivalent about laudrup. He may well get us playing some prettier stuff. But he's not got a track record that puts Pardew in the shade by any means. He's not stayed the course with any of his last 4 clubs either.

Anyone scoffing and insisting he'd be a guaranteed long term appointment to bring success to NUFC is talking out their arse because its all rhetorical opinion making.

It's al little erroneous that you;re not filtering in the fact that our first eleven the last couple of years has been superior to their in virtually every position. ;)

You seem to have missed the point of Willie's argument. He only goes to watch a team that plays to win. The fact that Swansea drew more games than we did is of no interest to him. Newcastle won more than them so as someone that wants to see winning football he got his moneys worth more with Newcastle. More than he would any team outside the top 6.

Newcastle and Swansea both won 11 league games each, they also won a cup.

I'd rather win 6 at home but finish 8th, than win 9 and finish 16th. Besides they collected only 2 pts less than us at home, and lost 4 less than we did.

I think it's you who's missed the point of the argument like, and dramatically so, unsurprisingly.

Guest bimpy474

You seem to think stats mean more, and the major point that flies over your head like a fucking polaris missile is......you seem to think stats are more important than someones eyes and knowledge of the game. While i agree this season (Hull and Man City games apart imo) we have certainly played a lot better, i say that as a massive Pardew hater (as some call it) but i cant deny what my eyes and football knowledge tell about the football this season, it is much better.

Last season we were dreadful, no amount of stats can change that. Percentage wins, wins at home, lalalalala. And saying Wullie got his moneys worth in fucking insulting with the standard of football served up. Wullie should have got a refund, and bought a drink, and a pie, and a cab home.

Fairly obvious even to the most stupid person that Swansea's campaign (and therefore those oh-so-vital statistics) predictably fell away having guaranteed themselves European football two months before everyone else finished, but feel free to keep staring at the numbers on last year's league table in an attempt to kid yourself that Pardew is doing a job as good as Michael Laudrup if it makes you feel better.

Fresh from pumping Valencia on their own patch and an extremely comfortable Premier League away win (around 18 months since Newcastle got anything close to that), Swansea fans must be concerned that they have a manager comparable to Alan Pardew, fucking hell. :lol:

Anyway "Plays to win" does not equal "win" and you cannot simply say "X team won more home games than Y team so they are the team that is best at winning things and stuff". It doesn't make a lick of sense in any situation, never mind when you are comparing managers from different clubs, who have been at said clubs for different lengths of time and surprisingly have different playing personnel.

The whole argument is that a manager with Laudrop's footballing philosophy (like say Laudrop himself) is something that would be very exciting to see in the Newcastle dugout, and they would be a better fit for us than Alan Pardew. Not who has won more home games.

You seem to think stats mean more, and the major point that flies over your head like a fucking polaris missile is......you seem to think stats are more important than someones eyes and knowledge of the game. While i agree this season (Hull and Man City games apart imo) we have certainly played a lot better, i say that as a massive Pardew hater (as some call it) but i cant deny what my eyes and football knowledge tell about the football this season, it is much better.

Last season we were dreadful, no amount of stats can change that. Percentage wins, wins at home, lalalalala. And saying Wullie got his moneys worth in fucking insulting with the standard of football served up. Wullie should have got a refund, and bought a drink, and a pie, and a cab home.

Whatever Willie tells you, he would not be happy if we failed to win 13 games at home as long as we played nice tippy tappy stuff.

I've never once made the case that stats show we play good football.  Anything I have presented has been to counter a specific misrepresentation of the facts of what Pardew's failings have been suggested to be, over and above tactical naivety and a failure to have a team play as a unit.

I am used to watching shit football at Newcastle. Very few managers have put together fluid attacking teams in the 20+ years I've been going.  It's not something I expect it's something I appreciate when it happens.  It should happen when a manager is given all the backing he needs.

I have no illusions about ANY manager pulling it off while his paymasters seem to be actively working against him.

Whatever Willie tells you, he would not be happy if we failed to win 13 games at home as long as we played nice tippy tappy stuff.

I've never once demanded "tippy tappy stuff", Hippy Face.

What I want is a team that goes out with the intention of winning the game by as many goals as possible. The manner in which that is done is pretty irrelevant to me. Chris Hughton did it with a very direct team and I love him for it. He gave me two of my greatest ever footballing days, whilst Pardew is quickly racking up his own rogue's gallery of worst evers.

And having won a cup and qualified for Europe, I'd be delighted with that for the record.

Guest bimpy474

I have no illusions about ANY manager pulling it off while his paymasters seem to be actively working against him.

Now this i agree with although i dont think they are actively working against him, just not backing him. In fact as dirty as it makes me feel saying it. Pardew would do a better job if he was backed properly. Relative to how he's doing it now mind.

We will stay like this imo for as long as Ashley is here. If by chance Pardew did go, we would imo just get another manager willing to work in the same situation as Pardew, it doesn't bode well. Only a miracle of Ashley chancing on a decent manager would be a light light shining through the darkness.

But the bottom line is Ashely has to go before we can even think of being able to challlenge, and regain any sort of pride.