Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest reefatoon

Extra time and penalties, which TacticAlan Pardew will use as the perfect excuse for us under performing at the weekend, even though Fulham went through the exact same thing, it won't matter to good old Alan, as they had an extra 24 hours to recover.  I'm calling it now, but Alan has the copyright to it.

Extra time and penalties, which TacticAlan Pardew will use as the perfect excuse for us under performing at the weekend, even though Fulham went through the exact same thing, it won't matter to good old Alan, as they had an extra 24 hours to recover.  I'm calling it now, but Alan has the copyright to it.

You sound furious and unfair.

Guest icemanblue

Which, at the end of the day, is what he wants to happen. Right?

Guest reefatoon

Why?

Can't wait to see how Gouffran performs with a full 90 mins through the middle. Time to deliver a goal I reckon.

Has this been confirmed then? I would be ecstatic.

No, I'm just assuming Pardew isn't a complete imbecile. Perfect game to see what he can do.

Guest icemanblue

Can't wait to see how Gouffran performs with a full 90 mins through the middle. Time to deliver a goal I reckon.

No, I'm just assuming Pardew isn't a complete imbecile. Perfect game to see what he can do.

I'd rather see our out of form main striker being given a chance to fill his boots, like.

Guest icemanblue

Why?

Huh? I don't know. Just the vibe I got from your optimistic post.

I'd rather see our out of form main striker being given a chance to fill his boots, like.

I can see that argument, but as Pardew isn't a fan of playing two games in a week I'm sure he'd rather keep Cisse fresh for Saturday. Besides, Gouffran was bought here to give us strength in depth up front, we might as well use it.

Guest reefatoon

Why?

Huh? I don't know. Just the vibe I got from your optimistic post.

Huh? Is that from the vibe I got from Pardew's optimistic press conference?

Pretty sure this is exactly what I said and you accused me of being "negative"?

It will be an awful game once more in cups. When will he take them seriously.

Might give it a miss

Aye your username backs up giving it a miss tonight. No point in tonight is there, come back when we are good and that.

Guest reefatoon

Might give it a miss

Aye your username backs up giving it a miss tonight. No point in tonight is there, come back when we are good and that.

that's it Brett lad, you show him what it's like to be the bestest fan in the whole wide world.

Might give it a miss

that's it Brett lad, you show him what it's like to be the bestest fan in the whole wide world.

As always  :aww:

It's only morecambe, Pardew and the kids, why bother?

Guest icemanblue

Is it? Did I?

Might give it a miss

Sounds like he is a supafan.

Might change my username to nufc4abitseehowitgoes

30 years supporting this shower of shit, 23 as a season ticket holder and countless away games. But missing 90 mins means I only watch when we are good :)

Is it? Did I?

Yes it is. I said to Brett that we should play a strong team, win well and give our big players some confidence. You said that the club couldn't win and that I was being negative.

Might give it a miss

30 years supporting this shower of s***, 23 as a season ticket holder and countless away games. But missing 90 mins means I only watch when we are good :)

There's just not much point in missing it though really is there? It's a bit of over reaction. Just watch it and see how it goes, never know we might actually score a few and a couple of the younger lads coming through might impress.

Guest icemanblue

Is it? Did I?

Yes it is. I said to Brett that we should play a strong team, win well and give our big players some confidence. You said that the club couldn't win and that I was being negative.

Full strength and go for a win. Nothing else will do.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

There is no winning with some, like. The club will always be doing something wrong. This doesn't apply when things are going well, I should add. Although, I'm not sure if that applies to Wullie, like.

This is basically why the football forum is a big shroud of tedious dullness at the moment. There's a problem with everything and it's the same few names that keep popping up to cry about every last little quote or decision, or lambaste those who dare to try and see any form of positive.

Indeed. People are just desperate to be angry at something, as if it's some kind of badge of honour. It's become so bad, that people are actually getting pre-emptively angry ('Excuses' thread), ahead of any comment being made. :lol:

Don't subscribe to that kind of mentality? Well, Pardew's your 'main man', and you want us relegated.

You got that from this? Canny stretch that, like. :lol:

Might give it a miss

30 years supporting this shower of s***, 23 as a season ticket holder and countless away games. But missing 90 mins means I only watch when we are good :)

There's just not much point in missing it though really is there? It's a bit of over reaction. Just watch it and see how it goes, never know we might actually score a few and a couple of the younger lads coming through might impress.

Not watching it means I keep calm and keep my sanity for 90 mins. Will just be pissed off watching us struggle against Morecambe.  Just read that bit back, absolutely struggle against a team leagues below.

Tron, you disappoint me!

I actually thought I had something to look forward to.

This is based on your assumptions of Pardew applying some common sense.

Ha!  :mike:

Is it? Did I?

Just to clarify, i wouldn't mind Cisse starting, he can gain confidence from goals and hasn't looked in danger of being injury prone so far. Was more concerned this for a HBA type player.