Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

How many times have we led at half time and come out as if sleeping pills have been applied to the half time drinks? Camping out on the edge of the area, kicking it long and inviting pressure have become a theme under Pardew, just because we got away with it today it doesn't make it acceptable.

True but the one thing different was we didn't hoof it. A small thing but still nice enough to go with the win.

There was plenty of pointless punts/lazy passes flying about like.

I know but it certainly wasn't hoof and hope, we lost the ball trying to play out. I'd rather see that than hoofs.

We couldn't string 2 passes together, I know you're obsessed with this hoofing lark but in reality there's little difference.

:lol: He fucking is an all like

Can't believe people are still moaning when we've got back to back wins against Chelsea/Spurs.

No point watching the games.  Let's just skip them and look at the result afterwards.  Can't discuss performances.

:lol:

I'm sure Brett was berating how good our performance was v Sunderland and how we didn't deserve to lose.

Aye, we were phenomenal against the mackems according to Brett.  Can't account for wonder strikes, the point is that we dominated the game, without having any chances.

Can't believe people are still moaning when we've got back to back wins against Chelsea/Spurs.

No point watching the games.  Let's just skip them and look at the result afterwards.  Can't discuss performances.

I honestly couldn't fault them. They've done us proud. Hardly a poor individual performance in both games.

What's your assessment of the 2nd half today?

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/187553365-tim-krul-the-newcastle-united-goalkeeper-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QSnACKNq8RVY%2BZDyU9WmfVctOEMpS1LYvHz%2BmMzGxA6EbfSo9G4x%2BhWuUxpCUheh4g%3D%3D

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/187552930-cheik-tiote-of-newcastle-united-rises-above-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QafKGMFpep4MWx77bwLXT%2FQCzYhK3stRUMoHVV7DlZzw%2BDBeQiFSMcm3woy%2FGb7NXw%3D%3D

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/187552654-newcastle-uniteds-french-striker-yoan-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QScNzwNmvrpQcQh1baQTJ7Ut4ZuB7tZhRGzROaE6kXoDLxPKT0vNX70PgIf1D8C6gw%3D%3D

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/187556484-newcastle-uniteds-french-striker-loic-remy-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QemcfAPu4YlZU%2FCAHTAHvPtiCncZvXrhNlMvk%2Bq10lMH7ycIDDR5rL%2FZ27QJ52MXkw%3D%3D

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/187556411-newcastle-uniteds-french-striker-loic-remy-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QffuNAnWv3GMe0Uo0bBtbfLCcovFI6o01LMTSnTX%2FEau3CU9GW2oq2wU1xoxMKPQRA%3D%3D

Guest firetotheworks

I know, I can't believe that that is what is definitely happening.

Moaning about first halfs and second halfs because we never really threatened for periods of games against two top sides. People just expect us to control games for 90 minutes agisnt top sides without having any pressure to withstand? We were excellent today and last week, no two ways about it.

I was being facetious because I can't see anyone moaning about victory at all. We were lucky today. That opinion, or that admission doesn't count as moaning or a way of saying that we didn't play well.

We did play well, but that still should have been a considerable Tottenham victory. I'm very happy that it wasn't, but that doesn't mean that I don't think we were lucky, or count luck as a reason to be unhappy.

I honestly couldn't fault them. They've done us proud. Hardly a poor individual performance in both games.

Similar to Cardiff second half. Home side pushed on for an equaliser as you'd expect, we handled everything they threw at us until you just knew we had dealt with everything they had to offer and we would be taking 3 points back home. Obviously Spurs carved out a couple more chances than Cardiff due their quality but we were resilient and showed we were willing to fight them all the way and won't fold. Superb attitude and spirit to refuse to be beaten.

Similar to Cardiff second half. Home side pushed on for an equaliser as you'd expect, we handled everything they threw at us until you just knew we had dealt with everything they had to offer and we would be taking 3 points back home. Obviously Spurs carved out a couple more chances than Cardiff due their quality but we were resilient and showed we were willing to fight them all the way and won't fold. Superb attitude and spirit to refuse to be beaten.

It's funny how we always pose no attacking threat second half when we're leading at half time, you reckon?  Or are you really not joining the dots?

Guest firetotheworks

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/187552654-newcastle-uniteds-french-striker-yoan-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QScNzwNmvrpQcQh1baQTJ7Ut4ZuB7tZhRGzROaE6kXoDLxPKT0vNX70PgIf1D8C6gw%3D%3D

Gouffran, peaking hard.

Guest bimpy474

How many times have we led at half time and come out as if sleeping pills have been applied to the half time drinks? Camping out on the edge of the area, kicking it long and inviting pressure have become a theme under Pardew, just because we got away with it today it doesn't make it acceptable.

True but the one thing different was we didn't hoof it. A small thing but still nice enough to go with the win.

There was plenty of pointless punts/lazy passes flying about like.

I know but it certainly wasn't hoof and hope, we lost the ball trying to play out. I'd rather see that than hoofs.

We couldn't string 2 passes together, I know you're obsessed with this hoofing lark but in reality there's little difference.

:lol: He fucking is an all like

Cant help disliking it :lol:

If our game plan in the 2nd half was "let them test Krul as much as possible" then aye, we handled it fucking brilliantly.

Tottenham away is obviously a very difficult fixture and a clean sheet is excellent, but sitting back and just slinging your body on the line to stop the opposition from scoring isn't really how I want to see us close out games. It's painful to watch.

It's funny how we always pose no attacking threat second half when we're leading at half time, you reckon?  Or are you really not joining the dots?

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure. We did it often in the season we finished 5th, score and make it difficult for opposition to break down. If it was 0-0 half time, we may have come out and looked for the winner like against Chelsea but we had the lead and it was up to Spurs to take that off us and they failed. Credit to the players for their attitudes and credit to Pardew for having faith in his tactics.

Guest firetotheworks

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure. We did it often in the season we finished 5th, score and make it difficult for opposition to break down. If it was 0-0 half time, we may have come out and looked for the winner like against Chelsea but we had the lead and it was up to Spurs to take that off us and they failed. Credit to the players for their attitudes and credit to Pardew for having faith in his tactics.

That is absolutely not how football works at this level, man.

"NO MORE GOALS"  :pardsgrin:

Guest bimpy474

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure
This fucking sentence, man. Is this what some of us have actually become?

That could have been said by Pardew himself.

Brett is a relation, has to be. The mental one they keep in the loft :lol:

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure
This f***ing sentence, man. Is this what some of us have actually become?

That's what we mainly did when we finished 5th, just made ourselves a hard team to beat. We are showing signs of that form again. If we come out agaisnt Norwich and play soem nice football, get the 3 points, we will be in a strong position. I think we are improving all the time.

This f***ing sentence, man. Is this what some of us have actually become?

That's what we mainly did when we finished 5th, just made ourselves a hard team to beat. We are showing signs of that form again. If we come out agaisnt Norwich and play soem nice football, get the 3 points, we will be in a strong position. I think we are improving all the time.

Agreed but just imagine if we'd bought 2 or 3 extra players though, we'd most likely be in such better shape. January will be key for us. Wish that Cisse effort had went in though, he would've been buzzing if it was a little lower and it burst the net..