Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thenorthumbrian

He's already contradicted himself this season talking about champions league then the "48" points mark :lol: I'm sure I saw a quote recently from July about needing another striker and now he's got no room for a new striker in the squad taken from this month.

You just know if we're struggling to get goals in October it'll be "yeah we're a little bit short.......we'll look at that in January" downgraded from all the stuff recently about all the additions and his new attacking options :lol:

One of the thing I loathe about Pardew is that he feeds into the London-centric media cliche that "expectations" are too high among Newcastle fans.

Geordies are the only people who are told that we are not allowed dreams and ambitions for our club.

We really should know our place in the world.

Guest Roger Kint

Is it not cheap enough to sack this twat now? I'm basically counting down the years until it's affordable to sack him.

Theres no hope in hell that cost is the factor. As if Ashley would give him 8 years without a backdoor for himself :lol:

Guest neesy111

Is it not cheap enough to sack this twat now? I'm basically counting down the years until it's affordable to sack him.

Theres no hope in hell that cost is the factor. As if Ashley would give him 8 years without a backdoor for himself :lol:

Imagine if he didn't though.

:scared:

He's already contradicted himself this season talking about champions league then the "48" points mark :lol: I'm sure I saw a quote recently from July about needing another striker and now he's got no room for a new striker in the squad taken from this month.

You just know if we're struggling to get goals in October it'll be "yeah we're a little bit short.......we'll look at that in January" downgraded from all the stuff recently about all the additions and his new attacking options :lol:

One of the thing I loathe about Pardew is that he feeds into the London-centric media cliche that "expectations" are too high among Newcastle fans.

Geordies are the only people who are told that we are not allowed dreams and ambitions for our club.

We really should know our place in the world.

Although it is obviously not true that we don't trust "Cockneys", I do think the fact that we have been run by Southerners and non-football people since Ashley took over is a huge negative. 

The fact that they are based elsewhere (and even Pardew spends half the week in London) means that their view of Newcastle as a football club and a city is the stereotypical one perceived by southerners.  Their opinions seems to be that we all have unrealistic expectations, we're not a big club, the people are thick and poor etc. 

How many of Ashley's advisors (e.g. that PR guy) have spent any time trying to understand the city and its people?  I think they have an attitude that they know better than we do so we have to be "educated" to think differently.  Unfortunately, the lowering of expectations and the reduced quality of the "brand" (hate that word) are well underway.

Maybe there will be an improvement with Charnley having lived here for so many years

Find it more galling that it would be people with an affinity to the area/club doing Ashley's dirty work for him and running the club in to the soulless piece of shit it is fast becoming.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Good on him and Colo going to the funeral of Liam Sweeney. Lovely gesture.

There were a few others there too, Carver, Charnley etc.

Fantastic gesture by the club - they've been great throughout.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/1996459/everton-manager-roberto-martinez-on-the-premier-leagueeuropa-league-and-the-secrets-to-his-success

Brilliant interview with Roberto Martinez in which he says:

"We want to be challenged. We want to be pushed to the maximum. We don't want people happy just to see the team drawing away from home. If you don't get positive results, you're going to get that sort of reaction, but we welcome that, we want to strive for the best, we know we're in the best league in world football, so we welcome that expectation."

"We gave 10 months of hard work, it would be stupid for us not to embrace Europe. Of course there will be months where we are going to be coping with seven or eight games in periods of three to four weeks, but that's what we want as a club. We need to be able to cope with that. We can't say that we don't want the Europa League. Europe is where we should be, that's where we should be representing our football club. We're going to really enjoy that."

"I always had to fight that old motto, that you could not be successful in the lower leagues playing good football. It wasn't straight-forward. The fans even booed the team off a couple of times when everything was pedestrian and we were still learning to play a different way. But I always thought that major changes needed major transitional periods, and I always said that I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

Meanwhile, our manager says:

“When you look at the teams now and the money that’s being spent, you have to be honest and say it’s going to be difficult replicating that fifth-place finish. But our ambition must be to try to do that."

"But I think the task of finishing in the top five is more difficult for us because of the growth of some of the other clubs who were just below us. In particular, Liverpool and Spurs have spent a lot of money, and other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well. You look at a club like Southampton, and they’re in a much stronger financial position than us in terms of purchasing players. Even though my team might be slightly stronger on paper once we replace Demba – team and squad – it’ll be even more difficult to get fifth.

“The limitations in the forward market are very easy to see.

“Jordan Rhodes has gone (for big money) and the price of the lad from West Brom (Shane Long) and the boy who went to Fulham.

“Do we want to bring a player like that to this football club? I don’t think so.

“So we have to be conscious of trying to get a player that’s right for us and who’s good enough for us.

“And with all due respect to those guys I don’t think they are good enough for us.”

Not good enough for us, but Shola Ameobi was.

Comment on that article.

Shola didn't cost £12m though so what you're saying is completely irrelevant. Did you even read the post have you just jumped straight on the Pardew out bandwagon because of that terrible season where we were playing in the Europa League with the same squad that were playing Premier League matches a couple of days before and after? Oh wait I forgot, include the terrible end we had to last season because KINNEAR sold the one creative player we had for buttons and never replaced him. It baffles me how completely clueless people that post here are. Use a bit of logic the next time.

:lol: