Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

It was the same as last season. Not hoofing as much as 12/13, but no plan, no clue, no movement, no one in the box.  Except now our players are nowhere near as good as Ba, Cabaye, Remy (of the ones that we pretty much exclusively relied upon)

If we're going to use the 0 shots on target thing as a stick to beat Pardew with (not unfairly) then we should look at the other 'stats' too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829518/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Newcastle-United-Manchester-City

If you look at the passing specifically the accuracy for the majority is up around 90% which isn't bad at all. Krul still punts it long aimlessly far too often for my liking but the rest of them combined played 30 long balss, 20 of which were 'accurate'.

I try and treat each game individually and I liked what I saw today as I've said.

If we're going to use the 0 shots on target thing as a stick to beat Pardew with (not unfairly) then we should look at the other 'stats' too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829518/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Newcastle-United-Manchester-City

If you look at the passing specifically the accuracy for the majority is up around 90% which isn't bad at all. Krul still punts it long aimlessly far too often for my liking but the rest of them combined played 30 long balss, 20 of which were 'accurate'.

I try and treat each game individually and I liked what I saw today as I've said.

Again, that's not how I saw it so I'm inclined to disbelieve the stats.  There's not a hope in hell we only played 10 long balls that didn't reach their intended target today.

Not overly concerned by a non-humiliating defeat vs a sovereign state, from time to time Pards gets them up for those games.

Key test will be the next few games against shitter teams, lose the next one and he'll probably start freaking out again, drop his most attacking players and try to 0-0 it from there in as usual.

I thought we looked well organised and tidy today tbh. Never looked like scoring really, but with a little luck we could have had a result.

Then, this isn't really the issue with Pardew. We often give a "decent" account of ourselves against the better sides. It's when we come up against a team that we should have too much quality for that Pardyball rears its ugly head. No idea whatsoever how to attack a team, so we just go about trying to contain a team that shouldn't really worry us. Which is why, barring a pack of wonder goals like three seasons ago, no Pardew team will ever be anything better than midtable. The game against Palace is going to be such a shitshow, you just know it.

Not overly concerned by a non-humiliating defeat vs a sovereign state, from time to time Pards gets them up for those games.

Key test will be the next few games against shitter teams, lose the next one and he'll probably start freaking out again, drop his most attacking players and try to 0-0 it from there in as usual.

This is exactly on point.  Pardew is a boring but passable manager when he's not coaching afraid and lets the lads play.  It's when he gets afraid and starts reverting to "Pardyball" when things go to shit.  Hopefully we'll not have a bad run this season that gets him into that sorry state.

This is exactly on point.  Pardew is a boring but passable manager when he's not coaching afraid and lets the lads play.  It's when he gets afraid and starts reverting to "Pardyball" when things go to shit.  Hopefully we'll not have a bad run this season that gets him into that sorry state.

Might be better if we have that run now tbh, get shot of him early on.

Pardew is fireproof until his teams start a losing run similar to that last season or the season before...far too many fans are dying to sweep his failures under the carpet and whereas under KK or SBR we would have been having an inquest into a home defeat on the first day of the season with several new players in the side, now you find that many are happy with a semi-respectable defeat and a bit of huff and puff in the second half.

Christmas before there is ANY chance of him going unless the team collapses spectacularly in the next 6 matches.

Him to Geoff Shreeves in the interview after the game "we had some fret around the box that we've not had since Cabaye left".

A momentary silence as the big f*** off elephant in the room wanders into shot and then........................on to the next soft question.

Are these media c***s briefed not to ask about HBA or is Shreeves clueless?

If the club are doing a deal with the Sun, you can bet your boots that ALL Murdoch's outfits, incl SKYSPORTS will have been told to go easy on Pardew by Ashley & Co as a part of the deal.

Not a chance we'll see any crowd unrest today, even if we lose 6-0 they will clap Pardew and players off the pitch.

This. Think some of our crowd at SJP are just puppets.

No - just idiots...calling them puppets is an insult to Miss Piggy and Kermit...

Guest Dontooner

We didnt create much chances, the fact the new players are unknown to the other teams will play a hand in this game as well. Sissoko looked like a world beater when he first join us so it would not be unusual for the new players to get found out along the season.

Pardew still is a coward and had not a hand in improving our attacking play. No cohesion and style for our final third , heavily relying on the individuals again. 

Pardew is fireproof until his teams start a losing run similar to that last season or the season before...far too many fans are dying to sweep his failures under the carpet and whereas under KK or SBR we would have been having an inquest into a home defeat on the first day of the season with several new players in the side, now you find that many are happy with a semi-respectable defeat and a bit of huff and puff in the second half.

Christmas before there is ANY chance of him going unless the team collapses spectacularly in the next 6 matches.

Harsh. Man city are the reigning champions and outclass us in every position.  KK and SBR lost plenty of matches to superior teams too. Before everyone's brains explode, yes Pardew is dire but our team is no great shakes either. An expected loss with a couple of small positives.

Give me 10 games speech again wish he'd take his clichés and f*** off

I don't think the guy has the ability to speak with any conviction, everything's in stupid riddles and tiresome phrases. It's ridiculous how he convinces most of the footballing fraternity that he's a good manager with said cliches. It's infuriating

Give me 10 games speech again wish he'd take his clichés and f*** off

I don't think the guy has the ability to speak with any conviction, everything's in stupid riddles and tiresome phrases. It's ridiculous how he convinces most of the footballing fraternity that he's a good manager with said cliches. It's infuriating

He says the same thing year after year.

I give him the benefit of the doubt and gave him a full season and he still couldn't impose any sort of style of play.

Fraud of a football manager who has stolen a living out of this club

That's the worst thing- nearly 4 years and no style of play, apart from being scared of our opposition.

The cunt has nearly driven me to hating football...the World Cup saved it just about. Worst thing is that he'll most likely last the season after dragging us to 12th and proclaiming 'we done good, players had to gel' etc etc