Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

They have been asked to take voluntary resignations not redundancy.  It really sounds like he's deliberately trying to create a pretty toxic place to work in order to trim the wage bill without having to pay anything out.  I feel for staff at the club.  

He's honouring their end of year bonus if they voluntarily resign. It's all off the back of the working from home arrangements. If it doesn't suit, you can leave, and will be paid your bonus anyway.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Incorrect.

We finished level on points with you, and had an unprecedented injury crisis ourselves, and defensive injuries are far more difficult to deal with. We going to act like we weren't playing defensive midfielders at centre back and left back? 

Despite that, we enter next season as FA Cup champions and have European football. So why would Ten Hag get the boot? He deserves another crack for winning us two trophies in two years. After 10 games if the team is relatively healthy and results are poor, then a decision can be made.

In 10 years time people won't talk about finishing 3rd or 6th or 8th in the table. They'll remember the trophies though.

You have a squad that cost about a billion quid you should have enough options in amongst that to cover an injury crisis . 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

He's honouring their end of year bonus if they voluntarily resign. It's all off the back of the working from home arrangements. If it doesn't suit, you can leave, and will be paid your bonus anyway.

You really are blinkered very badly.  

I hope ETH stays.

He has made MU the most entertaining team in Europe this season - epic games in the CL and loads of mad league games.

Whenever I watched them last sesdon, not once did they look the better team. 

He deserves credit for delivering two cups, but their style of play along with his questionable man management is surely an unsustainable recipe for success.

The longer he stays the quicker we will close the gap. 

Just now, Geogaddi said:

You have a squad that cost about a billion quid you should have enough options in amongst that to cover an injury crisis .  

Oh, the one billion quid argument. People still including Pogba's fees when trying to argue their way out of corners.

Our starting lineup against City on Saturday cost less than your starting lineup against Brentford. But whatever floats your boat. 

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

You really are blinkered very badly.  

No, that's literally what is happening. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is literally black and white fact of what is happening.

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Indeed.  And the injuries we have had in defence have been so bad all season.  Keeper, two defenders with ACL's, right back's and left backs injured.  On a lower budget and with at least equal challenges Howe has done so so much better.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I hope ETH stays.

He has made MU the most entertaining team in Europe this season - epic games in the CL and loads of mad league games.

Whenever I watched them last sesdon, not once did they look the better team. 

He deserves credit for delivering two cups, but their style of play along with his questionable man management is surely an unsustainable recipe for success.

The longer he stays the quicker we will close the gap. 

Yep exactly , I would feel much more confident about finishing above them next season if Ten Hag is still the manager . They might win another cup but that's pretty much a given when you are the Man United manager anyway with the resources they have .

Edited by Geogaddi

No, that's literally what is happening. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that is literally black and white fact of what is happening.

Well say you don't agree with it then.  Don't indirectly defend it.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Keeper, two defenders with ACL's, right back's and left backs injured.

Seriously? We had 17 different centre back partnerships this season, and 33 different back four parnerships. We were on our 7th choice centre back. We've had to play Casemiro and Jonny Evans as a centre back partnership to end the season. :lol:  Luke Shaw only available a handful of games, his backup injured the entire year. Not a single minute. 

Varane and Martinez played together 5 times this season. Your defensive injuries weren't even remotely close to ours. Completely incomparable.

7 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Well say you don't agree with it then.  Don't indirectly defend it.

I'm just saying what happened. I'm not a fan of forcing everyone back into offices after all this time.

Edited by Froggy

We were on our 7th choice centre back

We don't have a seventh choice centre back due to resources.  We were bringing Dummett on.  "33 different back four parnerships" is a failing on Tag to work out what to do back there and playing roulette until something works.  

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Oh, the one billion quid argument. People still including Pogba's fees when trying to argue their way out of corners.

Our starting lineup against City on Saturday cost less than your starting lineup against Brentford. But whatever floats your boat. 

Can we include the 200m worth of signings on the bench which Ten Hag made? Stick that into the review 

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

£40m+ on a 22 year old Joelinton. Mike Splashley.

Yep that’s what to do pick the one single time in 14 years Mike Ashley bizarrely spent decent money on a player…on a player that Rafa said we shouldn’t spend that amount on and Steve Bruce didn’t even know who it was. Well played 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm just saying what happened. I'm not a fan of forcing everyone back into offices after all this time.

No you're being spineless.  You're indirectly defending his choices by being pedantic about costing nothing.  I'd wager money their bonus payments are substantially less than a months salary.  He's deliberately making working conditions poor for the lowest paid workers at the club.  Then encouraging staff to voluntarily resign.  If you want to reduce staff do it the right way.  Do voluntary redundancies any pay off staff the months worth of salary that they would be due.  A billionaires is making working conditions poor for staff to save a few quid.  

4 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

Can we include the 200m worth of signings on the bench which Ten Hag made? Stick that into the review 

You can include the £120m worth of signings (two of which have been injured all year) that Ten Hag brought on of course. As long as you include the £60m worth you brought on against Brentford.

7 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

We don't have a seventh choice centre back due to resources.  We were bringing Dummett on.  "33 different back four parnerships" is a failing on Tag to work out what to do back there and playing roulette until something works.  

Dummett is a senior player. We were having to dip into our academy. Put it this way. If we had Paul Dummett this season, he'd have played more games for us than he did for you. Infact, he'd have likely played 2 or 3 times as many.

That will tell you all you need to know.

You can include the £120m worth of signings (two of which have been injured all year) that Ten Hag brought on of course. As long as you include the £60m worth you brought on against Brentford.

Only if I can include £65m Casemiro as well. Forgot about him being hooked by Ten Hag.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Dummett is a senior player. We were having to dip into our academy. Put it this way. If we had Paul Dummett this season, he'd have played more games for us than he did for you. Infact, he'd have likely played 2 or 3 times as many.

That will tell you all you need to know.

As I say blinkered.  Maybe a troll too.  (We were also dipping into the Academy with Murphy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Murphy_(footballer))

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

As I say blinkered.  Maybe a troll too.  (We were also dipping into the Academy with Murphy for the record).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Murphy_(footballer)

Murphy played 11 minutes. 3 against Chelsea when you were 4-1 up, and 8 against Sheffield United when you were 5-1 up.

Against Chelsea your back four was Livramento, Schar, Lascelles and Trippier. Dummett was on the bench for this. 

Against Sheffield United it was Hall, Burn, Schar and Livramentio. Krafth was on the bench and Dummett was an unused substitute.

You weren't "dipping into Academy." You were giving an academy player a runout. There's a huge difference. Not once did you have to actually rely on Murphy, whereas we were forced to rely on Willy Kambwala. Kambwala played over 600 minutes for us this season despite never playing a minute of senior football before it. Of course he got injured and we then had to start using midfielders at centre back instead.

There is no comparison. 

Edited by Froggy

There is no comparison. 

bollox.  This conversation has just been on defence as it suits a narrative.  Statistically Newcastles injuries were worse.  This is fact.  This does not include losing Tonali for a season.  On a club that has less than half the resources to spend.  

image.thumb.png.195ca8f4cab0e1238f27ca38b6c59513.png