We Would Be Confident Of Beating 3 Out Of The 4 Semi-Finalists.

Crumpy Gunt

Cabaye.

I assumed that was fairly f***ing obvious, clearly not to Brett.

The manager said it was ok to get completely battered by sunderland because Cabaye and Remy weren't in the team, yet we're meant to believe that he put a perfectly strong side out in the cup. He can't have it both ways.

Cabaye was injured, got injured in the game prior to Cardiff but of course you'll not have that.

Very funny seeing the same people who defend any Pardew performance with an excuse about injuries/suspensions then when he leaves them out deliberately, "oh the team was perfectly good enough"

How pathetic you all sound.

Guest bimpy474

I agree we've been shit in the cups recently, but we did put out a team good enough to beat Cardiff. Sometimes you just lose.

This focussing on who is left in so we can be even more negative about it is fairly bizarre.

Actually it isn't the teams we put out that bothered me so much. In my opinion we lost the games because of the managers attitude, an attitude from above him to be fair to Pardew.

In no way does it help the team when the club and manager dont really want to progress as there's not much money in it.

Cabaye, Debuchy, Krul and Remy have been arguably our best performing players this season, if he was bothered about the cup he'd have played as many of them as he possibly could.

Debuchy was suspended i think, Krul had a shoulder injury, Cabaye had an ankle injury, and fair enough Remy wasn't on the pitch and could be argued should have played but then fan favourite Ben Arfa probably wouldn't have played.

Very funny seeing the same people who defend any Pardew performance with an excuse about injuries/suspensions then when he leaves them out deliberately, "oh the team was perfectly good enough"

Coming from the one who is denying they were injured like they know for sure he was perfectly fine to play, give over man  :lol:

Cabaye, Debuchy, Krul and Remy have been arguably our best performing players this season, if he was bothered about the cup he'd have played as many of them as he possibly could.

Debuchy was suspended i think, Krul had a shoulder injury, Cabaye had an ankle injury, and fair enough Remy was on the pitch and could be argued should have played but then fan favourite Ben Arfa probably wouldn't have played.

How fucking gullible are you? :lol:

Do you want to buy some snake oil I've got?

Coming from the one who is denying they were injured like they know for sure he was perfectly fine to play, give over man  :lol:

Must have been the same injury they both had in the League Cup was it?

And the same injury our best players all had the year before against Brighton?

Debuchy was suspended i think, Krul had a shoulder injury, Cabaye had an ankle injury, and fair enough Remy was on the pitch and could be argued should have played but then fan favourite Ben Arfa probably wouldn't have played.

How f***ing gullible are you? :lol:

If you watched the West Brom, you could see Cabaye struggling. You were too busy probably screaming 'Pardew die' to notice that though. We had used all our subs and Cabaye was f***ed. He misses the next game and we doubt he's injured. Like i say with Krul, that's a non-issue, nearly all managers play their reserve keeper in cup comps, nothing out of the ordinary there. My only complaint is that he could have started Remy but we had Ben Arfa playing so i wasn't fussed too much and was happy to give Cisse a chance.

Guest bimpy474

It's not the players picked, it was the attitude from the club as a whole in the cups. An utter disgrace from the owner down to the manager.

If you watched the West Brom, you could see Cabaye struggling. You were too busy probably screaming 'Pardew die' to notice that though. We had used all our subs and Cabaye was f***ed. He misses the next game and we doubt he's injured. Like i say with Krul, that's a non-issue, nearly all managers play their reserve keeper in cup comps, nothing out of the ordinary there. My only complaint is that he could have started Remy but we had Ben Arfa playing so i wasn't fussed too much and was happy to give Cisse a chance.

How come you gave Pardew a pass for the derby because Remy was out then? ???

I'll never believe Coloccini and Cisse were injured for that game against Brighton.

Yet now we are moaning Cisse was playing and not Remy. You look at the line ups that round, how many literally played full strength, not a single player rested/dropped. The team selected was more than good enough to beat Cardiff, the tactics of the match weren't. Simple as.

Guest bimpy474

I'll never believe Coloccini and Cisse were injured for that game against Brighton.

Yet now we are moaning Cisse was playing and not Remy. You look at the line ups that round, how many literally played full strength, not a single player rested/dropped. The team selected was more than good enough to beat Cardiff, the tactics of the match weren't. Simple as.

So the manager was a fault ?

How come you gave Pardew a pass for the derby because Remy was out then? ???

A pass? Didn't give any player or manager a pass for that performance. Unlike you Wullie, when they lose i look to blame them collectively, when they win i like to praise them collectively. You love the players when we win and fill them with praise then just hate on the manager when we lose. That is being unfair.

So the manager was a fault ?

Course Pardew had the majority of the blame.

Why are you ignoring the fact that Cisse was our best striker in Jan 2013, which wasn't at all the case 12 months later?

Why are you ignoring the fact that Cisse was our best striker in Jan 2013, which wasn't at all the case 12 months later?

Because he's not going to get back to that striker if he's sitting on the bench? Cisse needs to play games, a cup game at home to Cardiff was a good opportunity imo. Had no complaints with seeing him start.

I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest that we don't take the cups seriously like, we have prevous with sending out under strengh sides, taking it easy to prevent injuries, and of course, actually coming out and saying "the cups will be used for team building."

Injuries or fake injuries, we were never going to go into that game with a full strength side playing all out to win.

I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest that we don't take the cups seriously like, we have prevous with sending out under strengh sides, taking it easy to prevent injuries, and of course, actually coming out and saying "the cups will be used for team building."

Injuries or fake injuries, we were never going to go into that game with a full strength side playing all out to win.

The players need to take responsibilty for that as well. Their attitude seemed poor imo, was a far cry from their attitude to the likes of Benfica and Anzhi. I think they themselvs thought they could cruise past Cardiff. Once that goal went in by Noon i think it was, they just couldn't get the energy or spirit levels back up to perform. Pardew failed to lift them from the sidelines or make changes to turn that attitude around either.

Because he's not going to get back to that striker if he's sitting on the bench? Cisse needs to play games, a cup game at home to Cardiff was a good opportunity imo. Had no complaints with seeing him start.

I don't understand your original point then, sorry.  The point being made was that we chose not to play our best players, including our best striker.  That was the case against Brighton and it was the case against Cardiff.  Against Brighton our starting 11 was appalling but regardless we left Marveaux on the bench until 70 minutes as the gameplan was apparently to keep the score down to 0-0 and then bring him on for some magic.  We were 2-0 down by the time he came on.

Brighton was 110 percent Pardew's fault, wouldn't even blame the players for that shambles. Cardiff i thought the team was more than strong enough to beat Cardiff and some of them let themselves down badly when given a good opportunity to shine. Had no complaints with the line up, but thought Pardew's tactics were poor, timinig of subs were poor and the players themselves in general were poor.