Christmas shopping - squad strength

Guest jackmisfit

What i really don't understand is how people can put a value on a player, how the hell does anyone on this forum know how highly a player is rated at a club? Stop it now! it annoys me! Leighton Baines 4mill, bridge 4 mill, viduka 2 mill.......blah blah blah put a maximum amount to spend on that player rather than quessing their value.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Viduka at the club. I think it's obvious where we need to add to the squad, as people have mentioned, RB LB atleast one CB and atleast one striker. Wes brown, o'shea and silvestre would improve our defence if any of them were to be available. Bent would be a great signing and i think he would be a great pertner for either sibierski or martins.

Dissapointed Roeder doesnt Fancy Distin.

But if we are getting in better defenders fair play, Distin was good for the price and what he would bring, but there are many better players for us out there.

Zat Knight and Woodgate, Meh... Glad we arent after Viduka aswell, I think we could do with somoene a couple of years young at least.

Guest jackmisfit

Telling the press and the public that you aren't interested in a player doesn't mean too much.

It's a little disingenious, he should tell the press that he's interested in everyone. "Shevchenko, sure, I plan on making a bid first thing on January 1", "Beckham, love to have him, we have the money all lined up", "Santa Claus, can't wait to get him to sign the dotted line", etc...