Christmas shopping - squad strength

Guest jackmisfit

Guest jackmisfit

I think Pattison looked good when he played at the end of last season. Do you think he's ready to play in the Prem right now though? If so, then maybe we only need 2 to 3 players. My original point was that I don't think that the team can afford to only increase by 1 or 2 players, they really need at least 3 to 4 to get to full strength.

no i agree with what you said tbh, imo id like to see him get loaned to a championship side to get experiance, i cant see us getting rid of many in jan, prob Luque and i have a feeling Emre may look to jump ship tbh

I just wonder if Shepherd is ready or willing to invest enough money on 3 or 4 players. With all of the talk of new owners, he might not want to spend a lot of money. 

i was thinkin though, if he is determined to stay then he might think the opposite way and release funds for new players then he will be thinking that it will appeise us for a while and shut us up lol

The best way to drive up the share price is to improve the team and make the club worth more.  If buying a couple of good players for £10M would drive up the share price enough to make the club worth more than that then it's to Freddies advantage to invest now.

Guest jackmisfit

"Some people really are too optimistic about players for our club atm..."

I agree. It makes me laugh when I read a lot of the rumor sites too, not just about Newcastle. They always have 75% of their teams starting lineup sold and about 10 players brought in. (inevitably Beckham, Torres, etc...)

I could see Roeder/Shepherd selling Luque at a cut rate price, and then buying about 3 Sibierski type players. Maybe throw in a loaner too. I don't see them getting exotic in this window. 

Guest jackmisfit

I just hope that they don't waste time this window, like they did last time. Make an offer for Bridge, if they dilly dally, move on to someone else.

Guest theunis

I agree 100%

They dont need to huff and puff on 1 player and end up not getting him.

Really need to make sure we fill the wholes

Guest street8

"Some people really are too optimistic about players for our club atm..."

I agree. It makes me laugh when I read a lot of the rumor sites too, not just about Newcastle. They always have 75% of their teams starting lineup sold and about 10 players brought in. (inevitably Beckham, Torres, etc...)

I could see Roeder/Shepherd selling Luque at a cut rate price, and then buying about 3 Sibierski type players. Maybe throw in a loaner too. I don't see them getting exotic in this window. 

Like someone has already said, Wayne Bridge has very recently signed a new 4 year deal with chel$ki and has stated his desire to make the left back position his. We have no chance of signing wayne Bridge, i'll eat my hat if we do.

There would be no point selling Luque for pennies, we have a paper thin squad Glenn just needs to show some encouragement with him. I can't see us splashing the cash after spending £15m in the summer on two players who haven't lived up to their billing yet. Maybe a few wise low cost and an experienced loan player (Rossi  s too young and they won't let us play him in cups) that can carry us through until the injured players return and Glenn has had time to sort his cards out, because as we know it takes him awhile.

Guest theunis

Yeah if we can get good money for Luque i would say take him otherwise keep him.

Bridge issue, well also see it is closed, we have would consider ourself lucky if we can even get him on loan. New deal, and Mour likes to have 2 players in positions so him going anywhere would neeed either a new player or some real clever nigotiations.

Guest ToonGeneral

I think we could get Wes Brown off Man Utd on Loan or for a decent fee.

He would be ideal as he has got bags of prem experience and you could say he is a "proper" defender.

Guest jackmisfit

I doubt Sir Alex is in the mood to negotiate with us now. As for Luque, he consistantly doesn't play and he doesn't want to be here anymore. Sell him and bring in a cheaper, motivated player.

I do feel that we have some good players in our squad. But i do feel that we MUST have some strength and height in our team. We get too easily pushed around against more physical players. And we really do get ourselves under big pressure because of that. Especially away, but also at home lately because the oppositon know our weaknesses and take use from that. I mean we have been outplayed by many teams at home in both short and longer periods of the match. And then we easily when under pressure become nervous when defending and concede silly goals.

Of course it's about tactics as well and because some players simply aren't up to the challenge.

Other teams take points much more often than we do even when playing quite badly.

Newcastle need to build a team. A TEAM with quality wins trophys. Not a cirkus that once in a while play lovely games and then loose a few and goes back to zero...

The hole structure and strategy of trying to make NUFC what the fans deserve has been awfully wrong. I just dont get it. how comes that the people making these decision have got it so badly wrong season after season.

The team needs a stabile ground to stand on from the first look of it, and then build it on from there...

I just could not get it when i watched the game against reading. Almost everyone of their players have played in the championship last season and we still got outplayed in many periods.....Because they played like a TEAM and to their strengths. Everyone of their players knew their role very well and what to do and when..

Yes you can blame the injurys and so on. But thats one hell of a bad excuse if you ask me. Even when many important players are missing, those who do come in instead has to know at least the basics of the team strategy of play. If everyone would know their job we would at least not be running around like headless chickens with mustard up in the asses. Of course the injurys do effect on the good football because some of the players do not have the understanding with each other because they have rarely played together and that makes it hard to play flowing football. And some low confidence here and there also contributes to it as we have seen.

But apart from that why the F**k  are some players running around and wondering "what the hell am i going to do, or where the hell should i be"

Those basics the players have to know and be able to do even if it's our 467th choice of all our strikers. Thats only basics. And if that doesn't work how are we going to get a result when we dont play our best football?? (that we dont even play often enough lately)

Because some of the positioning from some of the players here and there i just cant understand. Its frightening.

A VERY good example of a team with great organisation and team strategy is the swedish national team. Who can argue about that? Everyone knows their role into perfection. If there is a couple of important players injured or suspended the replacements do know exactly what to do and how to act during the game and can come in and do a great job even if they hardly ever get picked in the starting eleven.

even if the Swedish team doesn't play as well as usual they work as  team still and make it hard for the other team to win against them beause the work as a unit...

Sorry about the english atm, and i have probably written the same things over and over here and there. But after a couple of beers and some stress it's quite hard to write something good to read...Going out with some friends and im in a hurry..if i just can get away from this bloody forum  :winking:...

Guest jackmisfit

Just thought they were common sense ideas. If you're the owner, build a good back office, don't meddle too much and you're bound to get better team.

After looking at our treatment room, I think it's safe to say we need at least one player for each position, because at this rate we'll have no players left to field by the end of the season, we'll be forced to play the accademy team soon.

Guest DONTOONER

1st Prior: CB Distin or Lucas ( This is a must and i could see many teams in for them in January)

They are experience pros in the PL therefore more of a safety net.

2nd Prior: Left Back : I cant remember his name but the left back from werder bremen was canny or maybe

Leighton Bains

3rd Prior: Make shift striker, someone like viduka or Teddy .

( i honestly think we dont need a expensive young potential striker)

I rather we go big on strikers as we have Sibs now a wonderful make shift

If we do well again this year and qualify for Europe i will try klose again...

And if we sell emre or anyone in midfield...loaning diarra from chelsea wont be a bad idea or Appiah( going to cost Alot)

Appiah is a midfield field engine ~ would like to see him play for us some day