England: Thomas Tuchel signs 18 month contract with England from Jan 1 2025 (Official)

Nobody

5 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I must have imagined the Daily Mail talking about a dark day, and some of the other nonsense I've read in the last 24 hours.

I've read much more about his nationality than I have his ability/achievements.

And? I don’t think a non English person should have the job. Especially from a historical rival. It’s an embarrassment that we’ve had to go for a foreign manager.

31 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Entirely expected and xenophobic reaction to his appointment from the usual toxic shitcunts in the UK 'media'.

I really, really hope he's a success.

Shearer and Redknapp’s hissy fits the best thing about the appointment so far.

I do think England (and most biggish footballing countries) should do their absolute best to hire and English manager. If there's not an obvious answer available, then of course we have to look at the forrins.

Obviously I've no idea what Potter might have said to them, if he was even in consideration, but he would have my preferred option. As soon as you move on from him and Howe, who I don't think would've been interested, we pretty much had to hire a foreign manager as the drop off after them two is massive.

Now, do I care, or think that anyone should care, that Tuchel is German? Absolutely not, stop being ridiculous. 

I also think that he is probably the best or biggest manager available that would have taken the job, so fair play to the FA for landing him.

However, I don't particularly rate him that highly, in that I don't consider him to be quite the elite manager that I think the FA feels like they've got. 

I hope with him probably not looking to stay on forever (like most English managers might have hoped), that he'll be a bit more interesting in his selections and just go for it rather than playing it safe, which also suits his managerial style from what I've seen. 

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

And? I don’t think a non English person should have the job. Especially from a historical rival. It’s an embarrassment that we’ve had to go for a foreign manager.

Grim.

People like you are the embarrassment.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Righto. I mean what exactly is the point of international football if you’re just going to mix people from different countries?

So where are you drawing the lines with the forrins, Nige?

3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

So where are you drawing the lines with the forrins, Nige?

Oh Howay man, why the name calling? And to answer your question I would draw the lines, at anyone involved with  the English national team. I mean this is what it’s about. The best of one country v another.

If we’re going to mix then why not just do one league v another?

Why is it grim and embarrassing to think national managers should have to qualify for the particular country, the same as the players have to? More than ever in modern football, the manager is the most important person in the entire set-up. Club football exists to cater to those who just want the best you can get in your team.

The entire point of international football/sport is fun and usually harmless nationalism "your lot vs our lot, see who wins",  not "one of ours is rubbish so we've got a ringer in"

Are the other countries who only ever hire native managers all knuckle dragging xenophobic neanderthals as well? Or is it just the English who get accused of that? Are people genuinely not capable of having a conversation about international football eligibility without calling people names? It's proper pathetic. 

Just now, Rafalove said:

Oh Howay man, why the name calling? And to answer your question I would draw the lines, at anyone involved with  the English national team. I mean this is what it’s about. The best of one country v another.

As someone mentioned before, that means no physios, no stats analysis, no chefs, no kit manufacturer etc is allowed to be non English? And if the same rules apply for every country, how does the even the likes of Sweden or Ireland compete? Not to mention the countries that are much smaller than them

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Name calling? 🤣

So where do you draw the lines on a players ethinicty? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

As someone mentioned before, that means no physios, no stats analysis, no chefs, no kit manufacturer etc is allowed to be non English? And if the same rules apply for every country, how does the even the likes of Sweden or Ireland compete? Not to mention the countries that are much smaller than them

But that is the rules for the players, and they can't compete (at the moment). But that's the rules!

4 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Why is it grim and embarrassing to think national managers should have to qualify for the particular country, the same as the players have to? More than ever in modern football, the manager is the most important person in the entire set-up. Club football exists to cater to those who just want the best you can get in your team.

The entire point of international football/sport is fun and usually harmless nationalism "your lot vs our lot, see who wins",  not "one of ours is rubbish so we've got a ringer in"

Are the other countries who only ever hire native managers all knuckle dragging xenophobic neanderthals as well? Or is it just the English who get accused of that? Are people genuinely not capable of having a conversation about international football eligibility without calling people names? It's proper pathetic. 

So, do you want FIFA to impose these rules or just the FA?

Do you restrict this to players as well, or just employees?

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Name calling? 🤣

Don't be disingenuous, we're not talking about Marc Guehi here, this is not a question of a disputed German granny. 

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

So, do you want FIFA to impose these rules or just the FA?

Do you restrict this to players as well, or just employees?

It's already restricted to players mate, that's why all the England players are English. Did you think it was coincidence?

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Name calling? 🤣

You called me “Nige”, to me it seems like that was an insult, and I would consider it to be so. If you didn’t mean it as such then fair enough.

As for your question, I would say a player should atleast have some genuine connection to a country to be able to represent it. For example if a player migrates to a country and wants to represent said country then fine. If a player has never been to said country but has parents from that country I can maybe live with it, grand parents I think you’re pushing it a bit, but I’m not sure I would ban it.

Tuchel though has no real connection to England, so he doesn’t even fall in to that.

4 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Answer my question.

You say this like it was some sort of killer blow :lol:

No they haven't, I'm happy with parents/grandparents granting eligibility as well as citizenship from being raised here.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You say this like it was some sort of killer blow :lol:

No they haven't, I'm happy with parents/grandparents granting eligibility as well as citizenship from being raised here.

Killer blow? Pipe down you daft cunt. 🤣

I just wanted to know where tou draw the line with your England for the English policy?

15 minutes ago, Wullie said:

But that is the rules for the players, and they can't compete (at the moment). But that's the rules!

So how far do you take it? Is anyone at the FA allowed to be non-English?

Shouldn't Lee Carlsley have been a big no-no seeing as he is 'Irish' according to who he played for? 

Fwiw, I don't particularly care about this debate tbh, I see where you are coming from and kind of agree with you.