The League Cup 15/16 - Sheffield Wednesday (h) in third round

summerof69

I've just had a look at Sheff Wed's away kit and I don't get all the fuss. It's predominantly dark, whereas our home kit is predominantly white. Would be a piece of piss to tell them apart.

Aye. That was a cracking kit.

Remembered when we were playing in the all blue kit at home against Wednesday who were playing in a horrific away kit at SJP on a Monday night match in our first season in the Premier League. Did Alex Mathie score a hattrick or just score one?

Oooo. That blue and maroon hooped shirt was great when Ginola and Beardsley scored at Hillsbrough. The 8-0 Shearer scoring five with the Leazes not having a roof.  Kinda like playing against them to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

Remembered when we were playing in the all blue kit at home against Wednesday who were playing in a horrific away kit at SJP on a Monday night match in our first season in the Premier League. Did Alex Mathie score a hattrick or just score one?

Oooo. That blue and maroon hooped shirt was great when Ginola and Beardsley scored at Hillsbrough. The 8-0 Shearer scoring five with the Leazes not having a roof.  Kinda like playing against them to be honest.

Andy Cole 2 and Mathie 2? Losing 1 -2 then in the second half it went nuts.

Sheff weds kit was yellow shorts with white shirts and black pin stripes.

Andy Cole 2 and Mathie 2? Losing 1 -2 then in the second half it went nuts.

Sheff weds kit was yellow shorts with white shirts and black pin stripes.

Malcolm Allen late header at The Leazes!

Toney to start? Would play him over Cisse at the moment.

I'm guessing this qualifies as the third match of Mitro's ban.

I think we need any and every bit of momentum we can get at the moment. Its also a home tie with no travelling, so I'd play a full strength team with as positive a formation as McClaren dares.