Best NUFC XI in the Post-Relegation Era

toontenacity

:tickedoff:

Can't believe after season upon season of evidence, and the benefit of hindsight, people still think Santon's best position was LB. Seems to be doing ok for the top team in Italy at the moment...at right back surprise surprise.

Would still pick Debuchy over him at RB for the purposes of this thread, even if it was just the full season in which he played to his ability.

:tickedoff:

Can't believe after season upon season of evidence, and the benefit of hindsight, people still think Santon's best position was LB. Seems to be doing ok for the top team in Italy at the moment...at right back surprise surprise.

Would still pick Debuchy over him at RB for the purposes of this thread, even if it was just the full season in which he played to his ability.

He only played there about 5 times for us

Krul

Debuchy - Mbemba - Colo - Enrique

Tiote - Cabaye

HBA - Nolan - Perez

Ba

This is mine actually, if I'm thinking sensibly with a balanced team. Always had a soft spot for Nolan and he'd be my captain in that team. The Spanish and French wings look f***ing great there as well.

I almost agree with this but would have Perez on the right and Jonas on the left. Simply from a versatility perspective that your defensive two in the middle would become a defensive 3 and for me Jonas and Jose were probably our strongest left flank combo since Robert and Bernard, albeit in different sides with different tactics.

Wijnaldum for Nolan would be great too. Cabaye threading balls through would be devastating.

Elliott, Janmaat, Dummett (cb), HBA, Nolan, Mitrovic, Cisse as subs

McClaren would have to be the gaffer

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone who puts Debuchy at right back is mental. He was a liability

As opposed to who? Janmaat? [emoji38] He's the only other choice and whether he's been better than Debuchy (imo he hasn't) is up for debate.