CB: Coloccini

LB: Enrique

CM: Cabaye

CM: Wijnaldum

CM: Barton

WF: Remy

CF: Ba

WF: HBA

Subs: Harper, Janmaat, Saylor, Tiote, Sissoko, Perez, Cisse.

Controversial omission for Sissko (to a certain extent) as if we were picking inviduals based on ability and nothing more, I'd have him in there ahead of Barton.

As a midfield 3 I think Barton, Gini and Cabaye are able to deliver a killer pass giving us that balance across the whole of midfield and with Barton there, him and Cabaye could help cover the flanks a bit where necessary because HBA and Remy are never going to cover the fullbacks!

Guest Roger Kint

Barton played about 15 good games for us in total.

He was our 2nd best player behind Nolan for me in the post-relegation season.

He started 8 games in that season :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Barton played about 15 good games for us in total.

He was our 2nd best player behind Nolan for me in the post-relegation season.

He started 8 games in that season :lol:

And no way was he better than Carroll in the first season back either

Guest firetotheworks

I think Barton looked decent for a bit on the right purely because Carroll was so good in the air and Barton often just hoyed it in there for him.

I think Barton looked decent for a bit on the right purely because Carroll was so good in the air and Barton often just hoyed it in there for him.

True. Barton was absolutely shit in CM for us and looked good out wide only when he had Carroll to aim for.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Enrique

Cabaye

Sissoko Wijnaldum

Ben Arfa                      Remy

Cisse

Ba over Cisse any day of the week

True. Barton was absolutely s*** in CM for us and looked good out wide only when he had Carroll to aim for.

The Barton love-in with some of our fans is one of my biggest pet hates. Seems to be just because he 'spoke out' against the owner, even though the likelihood is he'd have no doubt been happy to stay and play for him if we'd been stupid enough to offer what QPR did contract length wise. He was shite for the majority of the time, bang average for some of it, and had a couple of months where he looked decent on the right when he had Carroll playing up front. I can't stand him.

Krul

Debuchy - Mbemba - Colo - Enrique

Tiote - Cabaye

HBA - Nolan - Perez

Ba

This is mine actually, if I'm thinking sensibly with a balanced team. Always had a soft spot for Nolan and he'd be my captain in that team. The Spanish and French wings look f***ing great there as well.