Newcastle United 1-1 Aston Villa - Official Thread (post match from pg25)

Disco

This result is disappointing. I'd fancy us to get a draw at least for this before we beat Liverpool and Spurs. We needed a win and couldn't manage it despite creating enough chances. It's going to be a frustrating season, hope we can get three or more points between now and the Arsenal game to keep us moving away from the relegation zones slightly.

This result is disappointing. I'd fancy us to get a draw at least for this before we beat Liverpool and Spurs. We needed a win and couldn't manage it despite creating enough chances. It's going to be a frustrating season, hope we can get three or more points between now and the Arsenal game to keep us moving away from the relegation zones slightly.

If you assume that you need 38 points to be safe (which is usually the case), then we are only 2 points away from being half way there with 2 games to go before the half way stage. A win yesterday would have put us there, but we have two fixture where we have a god chance of getting those points and possibly more from before we hit that stage. We need another 6-7 wins and 4-5 draws to be safe, we can certainly achieve it.

If you assume that you need 38 points to be safe (which is usually the case), then we are only 2 points away from being half way there with 2 games to go before the half way stage. A win yesterday would have put us there, but we have two fixture where we have a god chance of getting those points and possibly more from before we hit that stage. We need another 6-7 wins and 4-5 draws to be safe, we can certainly achieve it.

We just need to improve every game. This season is all about building a strong squad and develop our style. Be safe asap so that McClaren has more freedom to start playing the way he really wants. Sad season this...but it could make us stronger for next season.

Need to sell and buy a lot over the next 2 windows!

We just need to improve every game. This season is all about building a strong squad and develop our style. Be safe asap so that McClaren has more freedom to start playing the way he really wants. Sad season this...but it could make us stronger for next season.

Yes, lots of work to do, the important thin though is as you said is to gain safety ASAP. I believe we have the ability in the squad to get to where we need to be, it's just if they turn up. Gaining safety in March/April time would be great in order to build on from there for following seasons.

You'll need more than 38 points to stay up this season.

I'm not so sure, even though the league is closer if you look at previous seasons you will see that teams around the bottom have about the same amount of points as the teams down there in previous seasons have done at this stage (Villa aside).

I would add that this season should be about changing and developing the culture within the club.  'Good enough', 'Safe', 'Didn't lose at least' shouldn't be phrases that are acceptable anymore.  A large part of that is getting rid of the individuals who have embraced and embody that attitude be that players or administrative staff. 

Tiote, Cisse, Coloccini have to go.  Sissoko too if he can't commit to making this club better and give a shit.  Dummett, Colback, Williamson, Obertan, Gouufran and the rest of the dross need to go.  I'd rather play the kids than waste our time on players who are not and will never be good enough for this club.