C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

12 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Let's not forget his derby record including two 0-3 defeats at home. And our record PL home defeat 0-6 against Liverpool. 

I remember a terrible run of form when every game he would just laud the opposition every game as if they were 1970s Brazil instead of just saying we were shit again 

Bruce would do similar.  However his plaudits to the opposition was always BEFORE we had even set foot on the pitch.

9 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

The few weeks where we lost 3-0 to the mackems and 6-0 to Liverpool were my worst supporting the club. A dead club. 

I wish I thought it was dead that week. :lol: Was still very much feeling it and presumably optimistic that we might change manager that summer.

9 hours ago, Pilko said:

I still remember the night the news broke that he was away to Palace, was about eight or nine deep into our annual post-Christmas pub crawl, everyone was going absolutely mental celebrating :lol:

Still remember my post that alerted everyone to him being away as he didn't attend post match interviews.

Pardew may not have been the worst manager ever, but he was the worst human. Just a terrible person with no redeeming features.

Although I hated Bruce more for his managerial tenure, I'd have to accept that at least the press all seemed to think he was decent company on a personal level and that there must be something in that. Obviously as soon as he started talking as our manager it was pure diarrhoea and I wanted to punch him, but I could accept he was probably good company in isolation over a beer. Pardew, even in those circumstances, I'd just want to feed into a wood chipper. Just an unpleasant, slimy little egotist, dunno how anyone can say anything positive about him.

I actually liked him at one stage, when we were doing well in his 2nd season and he came across as someone who was doing his best. Admittedly Graham Carr's signings obviously helped. Then he became Ashley's patsy and an insufferable arrogant dickhead. Was glad to see him go but not the worst manager we've had as mentioned. 

13 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

The few weeks where we lost 3-0 to the mackems and 6-0 to Liverpool were my worst supporting the club. A dead club. 

Same here. Especially with ex mackem Henderson running the show in the 0-6. 

I remember a 0-4 against spurs too where we may as well have just left an open net and went home. 

There's certain hammerings I can forgive at home, 2-6 and 1-5 man utd for different reasons. 

But the pardew were very common and he almost found them acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...