C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Any former employee who speaks well of the club gets some adulation online, regardless of their contribution when they actually represented us (just look at Barton). 

The fucking thing with Pardew is that he'd get it anyway. He could come out and say all Geordies are arseholes; you'd still get mouthbreathers on Facebook crowing about finishing 5th.

"At least Pardew finished fifth" is the footballing version of "At least Hitler made the trains run on time".  The next season he ltierally said thank god we weren't in the UEFA cup.

Seeing the way he speaks now, it's very easy to fall into the trap of thinking that he wasn't that bad for us. But the simple fact is that, if Eddie Howe had those players in 2011/12 he'd have got that team into the top 4 in that season, and top 6 for any season after that.

I've softened a little on him, but only a little, purely on ok that season finishing 5th was a decent accomplishment albeit the squad was good. He was self absorbed, lazy and became just another apologist for the regime but I just don't think under Ashley we would ever get any better than that. I do think under Rafa for a precious final 6 months we were better than we ever were under Pardew but the league was harder and the players worse. I also remember that half way through that one good season I was fuming at Pardew, thought we'd never achieve anything and then things suddenly seemed to click and we went on a ridiculous run. 

Time passing just meant all the visceral annoyance is gone, but still loath the likes of Kinnear and Carver. (Not including Bruce cos recent enough anger hasn't subsided but he is surely the actual nadir)

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

a10fbf1297f4a8eeac804fcf97922da6.jpg.562456edb3a09a7c0f27205a49ce8af3.jpg

🤣 I re-watched this for first time in awhile recently as the Mrs hadn't seen it.

Genuinely burst out laughing hearing the"corrected" in my head. 🤣

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

At worst the 3rd best manager of the Ashley era.  Obviously says very little of his ability and more about Ashley. 

No manager was ever going to succeed under Ashley without being a huge arse licker. He achieved something getting 5th. Deservedly or not it is still an achievement, but was never sustainable and I still consider it the flukiest result since Leicester took the title.

A decent manager would have had those player consistently in the top 6

7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No manager was ever going to succeed under Ashley without being a huge arse licker. He achieved something getting 5th. Deservedly or not it is still an achievement, but was never sustainable and I still consider it the flukiest result since Leicester took the title.

That squad was immensely over rated.

Williamson

Ryan Taylor

Steven Taylor

Santon

Cisse (first 6 months aside)

Jonas

Simpson

Yanga-Mbiwa

Gouffran

Anita

These were not top 6 level players. 

Krul

Colo

Demba

Cabaye

Tiote

HBA

Is a good spine. Like top 8. But the rest of the team is wasn’t particularly good. 

Edited by The College Dropout

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I think Pardew succeeded in his bosses objectives. He kept us up fairly comfortable most seasons and didn’t complain about his boss. 

He was an outright failure to us. But our owner didn’t care. 

17 minutes ago, KDT said:

The players seemed to like him, certainly Barton has spoken very well about him in interviews since retiring.

If Barton speaks well of him that's probably in the "cons" column tbf. 

He literally made me want us to lose every week, he got some great wins when he was here and the 4-4 will forever be one of, if not the best comeback in PL history. However, along with some scattered elation came a lot of absolutely dire performances, record numbers of 3+ goal losses and a penchant to blame everything but himself for some horrific tactical displays. 

It's nice that he only has good things to say about the team, the city and the supporters, but he will always be the slimy, rubber lipped womaniser that blamed the Notting Hill Carnival for yet another tepid display of anti-football. I'm glad he's gone and don't look back fondly on anything he "achieved".

8 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Made me hate football.

Made me want my own fucking team to get beat. Incomprehensible that I'd tune in to our matches just to cheer opposition goals. I'll never forgive him for that.

34 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Simpson

These were not top 6 level players. 

Is that Premier League title-winning Danny Simpson?

(Yeah, I know, he was still shit)