Butt for England?

Cajun

Anyone think if he keeps getting games and keeps playing as well as he is he could earn a recall to the England squad? Not too many natural defensive mids in the current England squad and I reckon he would help Lampard out a great deal.

Or am I being a kneejerking spastic?

He won't get in the England squad now, too old. McClaren is trying to look to the future and get rid of the over 30s, eg Beckham, James, Campbell. Can see Gary Neville being the next older one to drop back soon if Micah Richards continues the way he's going.

He won't get in the England squad now, too old. McClaren is trying to look to the future and get rid of the over 30s, eg Beckham, James, Campbell. Can see Gary Neville being the next older one to drop back soon if Micah Richards continues the way he's going.

Good point. Would be stupid to drop Gary Neville though, still imo one of the best right backs around, could play CB and Richards is also a versatile player. Neville quite easily has another tournament in him.

Saying that though, he did recall Phil Neville.

If the next big International tournament was at the end of this season, I'd say he'd be good back up for Hargreaves, but as it's two years away, I don't think there's much chance at all of him getting in.  Also, he's not playing for the right team anymore, if you know what I mean. 

If he was still at Man U, it would be a foregone conclusion that he'd still be in the squad.

Guest elbee909

Taylor looks like he's going to kill someone.

Like something out of a George Romero movie, or one of those zombie games.

"Resident Stevil"

He's not international class, but I'm pleased for him that he's doing well for us now, and is hopefully going to end his career on a good note, which he deserves.

The Butt-Emre combination seems to work though, in that Emre is able to have the free role that he needs.

Anyone think if he keeps getting games and keeps playing as well as he is he could earn a recall to the England squad? Not too many natural defensive mids in the current England squad and I reckon he would help Lampard out a great deal.

Or am I being a kneejerking spastic?

It's not knee-jerk, I've been saying for ages he should be in our team because he's a bloody good player. If he keeps on as he is he'll deserve a recall to the England squad, far more deserved than Parker that's for sure. So it's good to see Butt is now in and doing well. It would be good to see some of idiots who ridiculed him now come on and admit they were wrong. It won't happen though, 'cos they still think 'scotty' is our 'best player' and that's important to some.

Thing is, it's a daft thing to do but then what do you expect from a shite manager. It doesn't matter how old someone is. If they're good enough they should be selected, simple as that.

soon

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72723220.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A65EDF8D1099B46C55A55A1E4F32AD3138

Would anyone trust Steven Taylor with their daughter, sister (mother!) - he's one ugly looking gonk.

An asylum is missing a lunatic.

Seems to me the " turn around " which the team are experiencing is down to a few things,

1) The re emergance of Butt, who has been nothing short of sensational in the last few games, he has shown all the attributes which gained him his reputation. Butt has shown commitment ( how many others have? ), courage, guile and style in his role, he very rairly gives a ball away and remains cool under pressure. Yesterday balls were pinged at him from all directions and he either controled them and layed them off to a team m8 or just passed them first time, demonstrating a fantastic range of skills.

2) Super SIBS, a free who most ridiculed, has turned out to be a bargain basement " GOLD find " for the toon. He is not in the super skill class but he is doing the business and I am sure is the new " talisman " for us.

3) Emre, who until lately has been hitty missy. Now we are seeing his true worth, he is a mid field dynamo, no doubt about that! And true to form he is now injured.....ruthlessly targetted by the hatchet men of Blackburn. Garth Crooks got it spot on during M.O.T.D.

4) Taylor and Ramage to a lesser degree, however they have been quite solid in defence. Not to mention Nobby at R.B who has been marvelous.

5) Shay Given.... what more can you say, its no reflection on Steve Harper, but Shay is the number one, without question.

The it is IMHO bluebigrazz.gif

I fucking hated Butt as much as anyone, and I don't think I've ever been more suprised at a player's upturn in form. I was 99% sure his career was pretty much dead. I'd say he's been pushing for MOM every time he's played this season. :thup: Keep it up, Nicky.

I f***ing hated Butt as much as anyone, and I don't think I've ever been more suprised at a player's upturn in form. I was 99% sure his career was pretty much dead. I'd say he's been pushing for MOM every time he's played this season. :thup: Keep it up, Nicky.

Good one.