Would you ever consider forgiving Ashley in the future if success is brought?

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Ron's being too kind on the morons. Newcastle fans used to be a tough crowd, when I was researching about the club's history at the CityLibrary a few years I was astounded to learn that towards the late 1800s and early 1900s, players would be pelted with fruit and other stuff if they didn't play well. A fruit stall used to do a roaring trade outside of Barrack Road as fans would stock up in case the team didn't perform.

Some players would drink half a bottle of spirits to face the crowd or chain smoke before entering the pitch, even the great Hughie Gallacher would face hostility from the stands if he didn't perform.

Crowds starting becoming soft the moment television got involved and nowadays fans are more like paying customers than supporters. The match could be a film at the pictures for example that's how sterile the atmosphere is.

That said, no other set of fans in the world would put up with the shit we have done. We are and always have been our own worst enemy. Ashley should fear for his fucking life even far away for what he has done to this club. The fact he's untouchable says it all.

I've never been as embarrassed by our own set of fans or by our club than the 2-2 draw at home to Hull a few years back and the 5-1 win over Spurs last season.

The proudest was when over 20K bouycotted Spurs at home a few seasons back! More empty seats than at the SOL!

Guest Howaythetoon

The proudest I've been of our support in recent times was any fan who got behind Sack Pardew and Ashley Out. Absolutely staggering what those groups were capable of doing.

That as well.

Ron's being too kind on the morons. Newcastle fans used to be a tough crowd, when I was researching about the club's history at the CityLibrary a few years I was astounded to learn that towards the late 1800s and early 1900s, players would be pelted with fruit and other stuff if they didn't play well. A fruit stall used to do a roaring trade outside of Barrack Road as fans would stock up in case the team didn't perform.

Some players would drink half a bottle of spirits to face the crowd or chain smoke before entering the pitch, even the great Hughie Gallacher would face hostility from the stands if he didn't perform.

Crowds starting becoming soft the moment television got involved and nowadays fans are more like paying customers than supporters. The match could be a film at the pictures for example that's how sterile the atmosphere is.

That said, no other set of fans in the world would put up with the s*** we have done. We are and always have been our own worst enemy. Ashley should fear for his f***ing life even far away for what he has done to this club. The fact he's untouchable says it all.

I've never been as embarrassed by our own set of fans or by our club than the 2-2 draw at home to Hull a few years back and the 5-1 win over Spurs last season.

The proudest was when over 20K bouycotted Spurs at home a few seasons back! More empty seats than at the SOL!

that boycott was so difficult to explain to my youngest who was only six at the time, especially as we'd gone to the ground to try join in any protests. it'll be one to tell him when he's older and understands.

i was fuming that 30k still went in to support them.

The proudest I've been of our support in recent times was any fan who got behind Sack Pardew and Ashley Out. Absolutely staggering what those groups were capable of doing.

The c--ts who ruined that exit by planning their own shitty exit should be deported to Russia.

If it wasn't for those groups, Sack Pardew in particular, we wouldn't have Rafa now. And for the record, I'm a ST holder in the East Stand with me dad, and both of us supported both campaigns. We took part in the Spurs boycott and didn't go back to another game that season until the West Ham-Jonas decider.

Ron's views on the match going fans and the overall mentality of our supporters is 100% spot on.

Agreed - think back to 1988(if you are old enough)and remember how the SJP crowd turned on the old board at the Coventry game when they were resisting SJH's takeover bid - those fans with fire in their bellies have mostly gone to be replaced by apathetic accepters of second rate stuff. Cannot believe how they just accepted that 6-0 stuffing(the worst at home for 82 years)by Liverpool just after a 3-0 home defeat by the Mackems, and justified it by saying they were supporting the team and not the regime...

Pathetic.