Would you ever consider forgiving Ashley in the future if success is brought?

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe someone said a Shepard type would be ideal. He was going to run this club so far into the ground it probably wouldn't exist if he hadn't sold.  :lol:

nah, dont agree about shepherd running us into the ground.

he was starting to rein it in with regards to spending. hopefully a couple of years of mediocrity would have then led to investment and ambition once the tv deals started to balloon.

Frying pan into the fire as far as the Shepherd/Ashley goes. That plonker replaced Sir Bobby Robson with Graeme Souness. Then Roeder. :anguish: Then Allardyce. :anguish: :anguish: He definitely gave a damn about Newcastle but he was a bit of an arsehole and, as far as running a PL club goes, was well past his sell-by-date by the time Ashley arrived.

Think once the tv money came in he would have got shot of allerdyce and gone for some flashy foreign manager and started to spend big again. wouldnt have put it past him to beg KK to come back.

think we would have struggled a couple of years but have been better long term than under Ashely.

anyway onward and upward.

Frying pan into the fire as far as the Shepherd/Ashley goes. That plonker replaced Sir Bobby Robson with Graeme Souness. Then Roeder. :anguish: Then Allardyce. :anguish: :anguish: He definitely gave a damn about Newcastle but he was a bit of an arsehole and, as far as running a PL club goes, was well past his sell-by-date by the time Ashley arrived.

:thup:

If Shepherd had managed to drag the club a few years down the line into the new TV deal, he'd have been laughing. It's basically impossible to bankrupt a PL club at this point unless you're deliberately trying. His main problem wasn't overspending, it was his chronic inability to choose a good manager, wasting money was generally a by-product of that.

I really envy clubs with local ownership whose interest isn't financial, like Middlesbrough. I think in a few decades, English football will look back on the last few years and seriously rue selling off all our clubs to the highest bidders.

Think once the tv money came in he would have got shot of allerdyce and gone for some flashy foreign manager and started to spend big again. wouldnt have put it past him to beg KK to come back.

think we would have struggled a couple of years but have been better long term than under Ashely.

Freddy Shepherd as a PL Chairman in today's financial climate would've been suicide. :lol: He gave Souness £50m to spend.

Freddy Shepherd as a PL Chairman in today's financial climate would've been suicide. :lol: He gave Souness £50m to spend.

aye but i just think he may have eventually stumbled onto a decent manager and started taking advice from people who understood football. may be i'm hoping a little too unrealistically that he would have finally learned from his mistakes.

its all irrelevant though.

I thought the whole reason we ended up with Ashley was pretty much because financially we were fucked, anyone worth their while would go nowhere near us because of the accounts, and Ashley didn't do due diligence?

We ended up with Ashley because John Hall wanted his 30 pieces of silver, no other reason. The accounts were much worse for any buyer than they were for Shepherd, because the stadium loan had to be immediately paid off in the event of a takeover.

I thought the whole reason we ended up with Ashley was pretty much because financially we were f***ed, anyone worth their while would go nowhere near us because of the accounts, and Ashley didn't do due diligence?

We ended up with Ashley because John Hall wanted his 30 pieces of silver, no other reason. The accounts were much worse for any buyer than they were for Shepherd, because the stadium loan had to be immediately paid off in the event of a takeover.

yup.

Today's financial climate just being the strongest in English football history. You badly need to extend your reading past the Beano, like.

Guest The King of Zembla

I thought the whole reason we ended up with Ashley was pretty much because financially we were f***ed, anyone worth their while would go nowhere near us because of the accounts, and Ashley didn't do due diligence?

Is it even possible to proceed without due dilligence in a deal that big? Wouldn't there be lawyers and accountants combing through the contracts and balance sheets every step of the way? Or am I naive?

Shepherd and Ashley are/were both shite. Just opposite ends of the spectrum.

Ashley hates attention and squeezes every penny out of the club. Shepard was an attention whore moron, who was no better at making decisions than Ashley.

In mitigation, at least Shephard wanted us to have a good football side, I can't be sure with Ashley.

Just popped in to say I'm glad to see forgiveness is still edging it. Until Humanity as a whole understands the concept of forgiveness, and all its ramifications, there will be no hope for them to develop further.

The future we leave our children stems from our behaviour today.

Just popped in to say I'm glad to see forgiveness is still edging it. Until Humanity as a whole understands the concept of forgiveness, and all its ramifications, there will be no hope for them to develop further.

Fucking Ghandi over here :lol:

f***ing Ghandi over here :lol:

:lol: deep

f***ing Ghandi over here :lol:

:lol:

The cunt made me give up my season ticket, early folded and renewed this season ubt have stuck to my guns.  He's got a fucking lot to do before I can forgive him, although I suspect I never will.  The blokes cancer.

The bloke has been ripping the heart and soul out of the club for years. Whether it was changing the stadium name for the sake of free advertising, selling our best players for a quick profit, giving Pardew, Carver and Schteve far too long in the job and 2 relegations in his time here. Was speaking to my uncle about this not long ago. He has been a season ticket holder since Keegan was first here. He said that you would be 'buzzing' before every home match and the feeling was infectious around the stadium during those times. Now the place is like a library in comparison to those times. I am sure some of our older posters will give more insight into this.

It's pretty obvious what Ashley bought us for and the fact there was no due diligence proved it.  His sole ambition at the start was to inflate his pockets via the using of us to promote his tat company. 

He didn't need experts to better us as a football club, just adequate crook types to allow things to tick over with his main game plan allowed to go unchallenged.

Things changed along the way as people cottoned on and his company slipped both financially and morally.  Im not sure now if he's that bothered about his baby and in turn probably sees a chance of redemption in the business world's eyes if he runs us properly not to mention increase the clubs worth.