Would you ever consider forgiving Ashley in the future if success is brought?

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

The question is irrelevant imo. It's never been just about success, and much more about the soul and identity being ripped from the club, along with the other ridiculous and embarrassing decisions he's made. To summarise, no.

Nah. Let's see how contrite and changed he is if we get promoted. If he starts treating us like a football club and a sporting institution he'll get credit. Forgiveness? It would take a hell of a lot of penance for that. What's more he's a vile, tactless, greedy man and don't think I'll ever get past his practices club wise and wider.

If you think Ashley is bad where were you guys when the club was being run by the likes of the one eyed pirate Lord Westwood, and later on that dodgy lawyer McKeag.  Ashley is a breath of fresh air compared to them.

Not born to my discredit. Though I know plenty who have argued otherwise not of my generation. It's not even a debate of which is the lesser of two evils anyway. It's been a disgrace.

Won't forgive him until we have a sustained period of stability in the Premier League for say 6-8 years where we look like we're actively trying to build and maintain a squad that is capable of challenging the top half teams with the potential to qualify for Europe.

Apologies if I'm being 'delewded' or asking for too much, marras.

Guest firetotheworks

If you think Ashley is bad where were you guys when the club was being run by the likes of the one eyed pirate Lord Westwood, and later on that dodgy lawyer McKeag.  Ashley is a breath of fresh air compared to them.

I have the perfect excuse, I wasn't alive.

Nope. But I'm trying to block out the horror of the past few years under the stooges who managed and ran the club. All about the future right now and getting back to the PL.

Ask me again when we're winning trophies.

This was a topic me and a few match going mates were talking about before the Brighton game; if we get promoted and under Rafa success is brought here, for example a League Cup/FA Cup win or a top 4 finish, or even both, would you ever be able to forgive the man for everything he has done at NUFC during his tenure as owner?

No. It's very simple to enjoy any success we have without forgiving him.

If we won a trophy I'd love the man like a brother tbh, but we're a long way off that. For now he remains a cunt.

Think for most it comes down to success on the pitch, hence why thousands are crawling back now we've got a decent manager and a good shout of winning the league.

If we won a trophy I'd love the man like a brother tbh, but we're a long way off that. For now he remains a c***.

Think for most it comes down to success on the pitch, hence why thousands are crawling back now we've got a decent manager and a good shout of winning the league.

A cunt with a trophy is still a cunt it won't redeem him. But Rafa on the other side of the seesaw goes some way to balancing things and making the club likeable. The minute it's another Pardew or Schteve things go back to as they were.

I think the only reason Rafa is with us is the "fallen giant" romance of the project, not the owner or directors of the club. How many times in the history of football has a manager with lots of silverware taken on a job like ours?

We should have been able to get a manager of his caliber by being a genuine giant. A team that is consistently at or near the CL places as we were under SBR. Instead we've been hapless and somehow still been rewarded with the lucky jackpot, not a choice between Brucey or Phil Brown or someone.

If Rafa Benitez were not our manager, I think it would be ludicrous to speculate about any chance of success in the short to mid future.