Champions League Draw

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

I just wonder whether Liverpool might turn Barca over. Barca play the expansive attacking approach to football whereas Liverpool, almost made for European competition, sit back and counter attack.

I just wonder whether Liverpool might turn Barca over. Barca play the expansive attacking approach to football whereas Liverpool, almost made for European competition, sit back and counter attack.

fucking hope not, never hear the bastard end of it if they do.

Guest nufc_geordie

I take the other stance in that once teams get into Europe I feel they represent Britain. I have always maintained if Sunderland were in Europe I would support them until they played another British club then I would hope they were hammered. It is in our best interests for the British clubs to do well as it helps out our national UEFA coefficient hence the number of clubs allowed in Europe from England year after year.

I take the other stance in that once teams get into Europe I feel they represent Britain. I have always maintained if Sunderland were in Europe I would support them until they played another British club then I would hope they were hammered. It is in our best interests for the British clubs to do well as it helps out our national UEFA coefficient hence the number of clubs allowed in Europe from England year after year.

fair enough, but unless i can tolerate a team i won't encourage them in Europe. The experience watching the Champs Lge final with a pub full of plastic scousers has certified that notion for me. Only team i'd tolerate going through is Man Utd as usually they're euro games are full of drama and a good watch whereas Chelsea n Liverpool bar matchs v. Barca/Milan are like watchin paint dry

When it comes to British teams I 'support' the ones who play the most attractive football, and those two are Man Utd and Arsenal.

I can only support teams who have already won it, so as not to reduce the number of clubs we can sing "have you ever won the European Cup?" at.

I also like the fact that no London club has ever won it, and would like it to stay that way (particularly in the case of Chelsea).

Guest king harry

As a liverpool fan i think its a great draw, when your in the last 16, you want to go to places like this, afterall you have to beat them sometime if you want to win it. Just booked me flight, from blackpool, for 49 quid, sunday to friday.  :cool: