Feyenoord 50/1 Bet

Livorno 50/1 Bet

Steaua Bucharest 66/1 Bet

Dinamo Bucharest 66/1 Bet

Maccabi Haifa 100/1 Bet

Braga 125/1 Bet

Hapoel Tel Aviv 150/1 Bet

SV Zulte Waregem 200/1 Bet

Dont really understand whats funny about that? you angry the bookies think weve got a better chance of winning it then you?

Waregem/Newcastle v Fenerbahce/AZ

CSKA M/Maccabi Haifa v Livorno/ Espanyol

Hapoel/Rangers v Bordeaux/ Osasuna

Braga/Parma v Feyenoord/Spurs

Steaua Bucharest/Sevilla v Shakhtar/Nancy

Lens/Panathinaikos v Leverkusen/Blackburn

AEK/PSG v Benfica/Dinamo Bucharest

Spartak M/Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen/Ajax

could be a tough QF line-up if my predictions get through. And to KD and Stevie - you two are worse than a couple of 5yr old girls for bickering.  :roll:

Waregem/Newcastle v Fenerbahce/AZ

CSKA M/Maccabi Haifa v Livorno/ Espanyol

Hapoel/Rangers v Bordeaux/ Osasuna

Braga/Parma v Feyenoord/Spurs

Steaua Bucharest/Sevilla v Shakhtar/Nancy

Lens/Panathinaikos v Leverkusen/Blackburn

AEK/PSG v Benfica/Dinamo Bucharest

Spartak M/Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen/Ajax

could be a tough QF line-up if my predictions get through. And to KD and Stevie - you two are worse than a couple of 5yr old girls for bickering.  :roll:

two left blank as i aint a clue who'll get through for us and t'other (pos. Bordeaux)

this is the best draw ever!  :thup: as a belgian and studying in Gent it's awesome to be able to see my beloved toon again! does anyone know if it's possible to sit with the newcastle fans as a belgian? i suppose you have to buy tickets from the newcastle box office then?

Guest Belgian Magpie

this is the best draw ever! :thup: as a belgian and studying in Gent it's awesome to be able to see my beloved toon again! does anyone know if it's possible to sit with the newcastle fans as a belgian? i suppose you have to buy tickets from the newcastle box office then?

Same here!

I can finally see Newcastle for the first time :D

Belgian amateur team yes amateurs, they work during the day and play footy in the evening, if we don't beat them, we should be shot

hahaa

:roll:

they play european games not on there home ground, but in gent, 12500 capcity stadium

http://www.kaagent.be/images/_kaagent/grondplan.gif

http://www.realbuffalofanatics.be/bijl_beelden/stadion/ottenstadion/delen/trib1.jpg

http://www.realbuffalofanatics.be/bijl_beelden/stadion/ottenstadion/2005/ottenstadion2005_0007.jpg

http://www.realbuffalofanatics.be/bijl_beelden/stadion/ottenstadion/2005/ottenstadion2005_0019.jpg

:wullie:

http://www.svzw.be/

here ya go my friend

this is the best draw ever!  :thup: as a belgian and studying in Gent it's awesome to be able to see my beloved toon again! does anyone know if it's possible to sit with the newcastle fans as a belgian? i suppose you have to buy tickets from the newcastle box office then?

I've tried very hard on getting tickets in the away stand in Frankfurt and didn't succeed (despite friends in Newcastle trying to get tickets for me). It was only after Newcastle sent back a few thousand tickets that I was able to get some on the Frankfurt website. If they play in Gent I wouldn't count on Newcastle sending back tickets (there'll probably be about a 2000 away allocation) and it will be very hard to get tickets.

I'll probably be on ski holiday but I'm gonna do my best to move my holiday. Even without tickets I want to go to Gent (if they won' be playing in Bruges of course) and have a party with the other Geordies, like we did in Frankfurt.

Dont really understand whats funny about that? you angry the bookies think weve got a better chance of winning it then you?

That's not how it works mate, Bookmakers will alter the odds depending on how much money is being placed.

Guest optimistic nit

By the way, Zulte Waregem are having quite a row on their team colours. A few years back two teams, Zulte and Waregem, went together to become Zulte Waregem. Zulte was green and yellow, Waregem was red and white, their new and current team colours became red and green. But quite a few hardcore Waregem fans (Waregem is by far the one of them with the biggest history) continue to wear red and white, their old colours, when they go to the games. Now for their latest European game against Ajax the team directors and the police decided that any Zulte Waregem fans wearing red and white would straightaway be arrested.

thats an absolute fuking disgrace.

Now for their latest European game against Ajax the team directors and the police decided that any Zulte Waregem fans wearing red and white would straightaway be arrested.

Lunatic.

Shame they couldn't have chosen better colours than red and white though !

We won't shop to our coppers if they're wearing red and white though !

By the way, Zulte Waregem are having quite a row on their team colours. A few years back two teams, Zulte and Waregem, went together to become Zulte Waregem. Zulte was green and yellow, Waregem was red and white, their new and current team colours became red and green. But quite a few hardcore Waregem fans (Waregem is by far the one of them with the biggest history) continue to wear red and white, their old colours, when they go to the games. Now for their latest European game against Ajax the team directors and the police decided that any Zulte Waregem fans wearing red and white would straightaway be arrested.

why's is it a disgrace,i've always thought anyone wearing red and white to a football match should be arrested on mental health grounds.

pleased with the round of 32 draw against zulte, after watching espanyol destroy them 6-2 should be a cake tie, sip on a tea, score a few crackers and head for the round of 16. fenerbache would provide a tough tie considering the atmosphere in turkey, while AZ are playing good futbol this season. and yes i'm from the united states and don't call it soccer

I'd take anything you here about tickets with a pinch of salt, until you actually find out from the club etc.. Don't presume that there'll be a big allocation, and if you arent 'well travelled' in the clubs eyes, be very cautious with your travel arrangements, as this could be a very small allocation.

Apparently, Ajax were only allocated 900 tickets for the game, and any ticketless Ajax fans who made the journey over to Ghent were refused entry not only to the stadium, but to the town itself!

Ignore fucking ridiculous articles like this: http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=314186 as they've totally made all of that up, and they've even got the wrong ground. Should be fucking shot for writing complete bullshit like that.

The big difference was that all the Ajax fans were obliged by law to come by buses, so they could easily be controlled. I suppose that quite a few Geordies will be spending the night in Belgium, so can not be prohibited to enter the town.

Also a lot will depend on where they will play. If they play in Gent (like their previous European games) only 12500 people can get into the stadium, so that will mean a really small away allocation. If they play in Bruges 30000 people can get into the stadium and the away allocation will be a lot bigger.

Currently the Zulte Waregem ticketing service is on holiday until January 4th, so I suppose no news on the tickets will appear before that date.

Okay, I just sorted a big problem out. I was supposed to go on ski holiday from February 10th till 17th but with the toon visiting Belgium in that week I just cancelled my holiday  :).

From .com

Our man in Flanders brings news that upcoming UEFA Cup opponents SV Zulte Waregem are currently investigating the possibility of staging the tie in February 2007 in Bruges.

With Waregem's compact Regenboogstadion only holding 8,500 fans and not licenced for European football, the Belgians had used the 12,900 capacity Jules Otten Stadium of Gent for their trio of home UEFA Cup tie to date.

However such is the interest in the game that consideration is being given to switching it to the 29,000 seat Jan Breydel Stadium that is shared by both Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge.

That venue played host to four ties in Euro 2000 and was also used by Club Brugge in their UEFA Cup fixture this season before they were eliminated at the Group Stage.

From .com

Our man in Flanders brings news that upcoming UEFA Cup opponents SV Zulte Waregem are currently investigating the possibility of staging the tie in February 2007 in Bruges.

With Waregem's compact Regenboogstadion only holding 8,500 fans and not licenced for European football, the Belgians had used the 12,900 capacity Jules Otten Stadium of Gent for their trio of home UEFA Cup tie to date.

However such is the interest in the game that consideration is being given to switching it to the 29,000 seat Jan Breydel Stadium that is shared by both Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge.

That venue played host to four ties in Euro 2000 and was also used by Club Brugge in their UEFA Cup fixture this season before they were eliminated at the Group Stage.

Gent might be a more interesting city to visit for those coming over but when you look at stadium capacity Bruges would be far more interesting, I think we might get a pretty big away allocation when we play there since Zulte Waregem doesn't have a real lot of fans and they will want to win back as much money as possible from the amount they'll pay to rent another stadium. I'm actually hoping for something like a 5000 away allocation there.

pleased with the round of 32 draw against zulte, after watching espanyol destroy them 6-2 should be a cake tie, sip on a tea, score a few crackers and head for the round of 16. fenerbache would provide a tough tie considering the atmosphere in turkey, while AZ are playing good futbol this season. and yes i'm from the united states and don't call it soccer

Yeah happy with it too.

It would be silly to just dismiss the Belgians though.

We should comfortably get through, and then the Turks will be a lot more difficult the next time round, but I STILL take us (Could be the turks will fall flat on their faces in their tie anyways, of course)

• 2 weeks later...

It has been confirmed that the game against Zulte Waregem will take place in Gent on Thursday February 15th. The stadium of Gent can only host 12500 people in European games, so I fear a rather small away allocation. At this moment the kick off time has been announced 18.45 local time but I've heard that it will be 20.45 after all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest svzw81

hi all,

if you want to visit our forum : www.esseveeforum.be  !

website of our team: www.svzw.be

greets from belgium !