Matt Jarvis

Nobby

Another shortarse!

With Duff, N'Zogbia and O'Brien left wingers plus Dyer, Milner and Pattison also able to play on the left I really don't see the point in wasting money on him.

Ok he can play up front aswell but Dyer and Duff can play up front.

Last thing we need.

Not keen on the thought of Upson then? He'd be fairly cheap, because Blues need to sell him or loose him on a free!

People think that but I doubt it, he still has 18 months left on his contract, is their star player and as we saw with Heskey and Pennant they don't get ripped off!

Will probably go to Villa or Pompey for £6m and look good next to Campbell or Mellberg. Always looked good with Cunningham but didn't look as good when they didn't play together. We don't need another defender who needs to be marshalled.

Guest stjamestoon

Not keen on the thought of Upson then? He'd be fairly cheap, because Blues need to sell him or loose him on a free!

People think that but I doubt it, he still has 18 months left on his contract, is their star player and as we saw with Heskey and Pennant they don't get ripped off!

Will probably go to Villa or Pompey for £6m and look good next to Campbell or Mellberg. Always looked good with Cunningham but didn't look as good when they didn't play together. We don't need another defender who needs to be marshalled.

True, we need to try and swipe Woodgate away, but i can't see that happening, i dont know who else there is really?

Personally I would take the gamble on Curtis Davies but it would be quite a lot of money to get him.

I think he'd be a good buy (young, highly rated by the Wenger (always a good sign), wouldn't demand silly wages and would represent a sound long term investment).

On the down side, there would be loads of competition for him though and, whilst he's a comfortable player, he doesn't seem like a leader.

IF, we could pick someone up with a bit of experience and a few years of top level football in them (to develop Taylor, Ramage and Co.) we might be one step closer to a cohesive unit.

Having said that, the impact Pearson has had on the back four in his short time hear might indicate that he could develop them all off the field of play.

If he could do that, then a choice of Davies, Taylor, Ramage, Moore, Huntingdon at Centre Back wouldn't disapoint me.

Now, lets sort some full backs out.

I would disagree and say Curtis is a leader, not in a Shearer/Terry way but someone who can organise.

Is West Broms captain too :thup:

To be fair, I've only seen him in games on Sky, for both WBA and Luton, and he's never seemed a Leader to me but, I haven't sat in a stand and watched his game closely.

Like I say, he'd be a good investment, regardless. I reckon he'd cost about £7m though.

Guest TampaToon

With Duff, N'Zogbia and O'Brien left wingers plus Dyer, Milner and Pattison also able to play on the left I really don't see the point in wasting money on him.

Ok he can play up front aswell but Dyer and Duff can play up front.

Last thing we need.

N'Zogbia - likely out past jan

O'Brien - couldn't get the call over rossi, doesn't appear to be rated by the manager

Pattison - seems to be preferred at CM

Dyer - constant injury threat

Milner - better on the right, esp with solano out and possibly having earned a home at RB when he returns

Duff - quality option, but his injury was at the core of our recent LM crisis

Emre - making an impact at CM, out for a while regardless

agree that the priorities are on either end of the field, but our depth out wide has evaporated along with every other area of the field....adding a winger also adds depth at CM by making dyer & pattison more likely to be available for that role, so if we can make a move for less than 1m for jarvis or anybody else our manager rates (we have to be honest and say his buys have been vindicated at the moment), it leaves us with plenty of room to make the other moves we need.

we're 6 points out of the top 6 now, and look set for the last 16 of the UEFA with the FA cup yet to start....when we were in a similar spot under souness 2 years ago, it was a lack of bodies that saw the wheels come off this team....we need more players everywhere to ensure that our best players can stay fresh for the most important matches.

I just think he is top quality. £7m is more than worth it.

I don't disagree but if we've only got £10m. Its a large chunk gone on one player.

I rate him but I think we need one (or ideally two) full backs first. We wouldn't get much for the £3m that would be left.

I'm comfortable enough for now, even though its not ideal, to have Taylor, Ramage, Huntingdon with Shambles & Moore due back within the next month.

If we had to, we could possibly play Butt at CB too.

However, Baba & Carr have got awful injury records, not to mention that they're both shite. We have no genuine cover for Baba (if the Bernard rmours are to be believed) and, whilst Solano has done admirably, he's not playing in his ideal position and does tend to get injured more these days.

I feel we're more exposed at FB than CB.

If we were guaranteed a RB for £3m and a fit Baba for the rest of the season I'd take Davies in an instant, at £7m.

said at the weekend on the gossip thing, Spurs were asked for £4m minimum for Davis

If that is what they want for him then he's a great buy for someone. I'm sure he cost WBA about £3m when they bought him from Luton.

His stock has undoubtedly risen since then, so its a shock that they only want £4m for him.

In that case, if I was Glenn with £10m burning a hole in my pocket, I'd probably spend the wedge as follows:-

£4m - Davies

£4m - Beattie

£2m - Whittaker (or Finnan from Liverpool)

Loan - Bridge

Would love to tempt either Finnan or Aurelio from the bin dippers but I doubt Rafa would/could let them go.

Another RB who has impressed me is Volz from Fulham but he's got a suspect injury record iirc.

Think that gossip thing said they would need to more than double their £2m offer so thats got to be at least £5m.

I agree if we only have £10m, £7m is too much for a cb. just wish/hope we have more and could afford him while covering the other positions.

said at the weekend on the gossip thing, Spurs were asked for £4m minimum for Davis

Spurs offered £4m with an assortment of add-ons (or Gardner) taking the package up to £6.5m.  WBA wanted £9m and Spurs' interest has just about ended unless WBA have a serious rethink about the price.  Too many other clubs interested for that to happen imho.

Spurs offered £4m with an assortment of add-ons (or Gardner) taking the package up to £6.5m.  WBA wanted £9m and Spurs' interest has just about ended unless WBA have a serious rethink about the price.  Too many other clubs interested for that to happen imho.

So would Dawson drop down to 3rd choice IF he signed?

Re: Matt Jarvis

« Reply #14 on: Today at 01:49:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he were so gooda tema would have snapped him up straight away. Arsena could get anyone they ant. Would rather have experience which we vitally need in this situation. akaSIlvestre or Oshea

Re: Matt Jarvis

« Reply #14 on: Today at 01:49:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he were so gooda tema would have snapped him up straight away. Arsena could get anyone they ant. Would rather have experience which we vitally need in this situation. akaSIlvestre or Oshea

Aye of course, it always happens like that  :thup:

Bent was at Ipswich for years and wasnt snapped up till Charlton came along.

So would Dawson drop down to 3rd choice IF he signed?

No, if King and Dawson are fit, they are seen as the first choice pairing until someone else (Davies) shows he's better.  Having said that there are persisting rumours about King's long term fitness and a genuine alternative will be necessary.  Dervite is definitely a contender but thought to at least one season away from serious consideration for regular inclusion in the team.