Toon line up top targets

Guest smoggeordie

I love that Chezgiven has formed a new partnership with NE5. :lol:

You wouldn't be trying to deflect the focus away from the fact you've been shot down in flames, like?

Yep, I was shot down in flames.  The summer transfer window was an unmitigated success.  I now realise my error.  :thup:

Me too, can't imagine how we ever thought it was a failure tbh blatant success! Player we didn't need for a third of our budget, loan signing form Man U, Aged attacking midfielder who was struggling and one quality striker, exactly what im sure we were aiming for at the start of the window  :thup:

unrealistic people expecting a shte board to outspend Chelsea again, but you would still call them shite even if they did .....

Aye I said we should outspend Chelsea  :thup:

you give that impression.

Yep I said we should spend £35-40m last summer  :thup:

you have to accept that we had our budget, and spent it. Whether or not you think we should have bought defenders or attackers is your opinion, but where would we be if we had bought defenders instead of Martins, Sibierski and Duff ?

And that is the crux of it.

He believes the planning was bad because the club didn't buy the players he thought it should.....

What a laugh.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Fuking Stelios?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436843&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Stelios+rues+his+luck

He's old and shit, can't get in the Bolton team and were going to bid £2m for him?

I'd personally lamp GR if he makes a bid for him and wastes money on a right winger, nevermind a shit old one.

Fuck off, this better be paper talk bollocks.

I'd take Giannakopoulos in a heartbeat. 

Ok so we spent our budget but tried to sign Huth, Knight and Viduka on the last day of the window, the board just having a laugh with the teams we approached?  OR are you talking shit as usual?

...at a certain price we were able to pay, which obviously wasn't enough having correctly prioritised on other areas. As we should also do next month.

Ok so we spent our budget but tried to sign Huth, Knight and Viduka on the last day of the window, the board just having a laugh with the teams we approached?  OR are you talking shit as usual?

...at a certain price we were able to pay, which obviously wasn't enough having correctly prioritised on other areas. As we should also do next month.

Or we left it too late as Huth was half way through signing the contract when we put our bid in. We must have had a bit of money with us to bid for Huth and Viduka or are the board bigger jokes than we feared and tried to "outbid" the smogs with a bid lower than the £6m Chelsea had accepted?

Or we left it too late as Huth was half way through signing the contract when we put our bid in. We must have had a bit of money with us to bid for Huth and Viduka or are the board bigger jokes than we feared and tried to "outbid" the smogs with a bid lower than the £6m Chelsea had accepted?

the sale of Milner was about to go through and the money put towards a signing but when the player chose the smoggies, it meant we didn't have the funds and the Milner sale was correctly aborted.

That is the only possible scenario. But just because the clubs manager sees a different priority to you, doesn't mean he isn't planning, he's planning how HE sees it, not how YOU see it, and in my opinion he got his priorities abolutely spot on. In fact, in January whatever money we have available - which will no doubt again be more than most other clubs who don't have shit directors like we do - should be prioritised on forwards again. It is quite clear what could happen to us if Martins and Sibierski [and maybe Butt] is injured, not to mention the fact that Sibierski has been playing above himself and isn't the long term answer anyway, because THIS position is our absolute number 1 priority.

I fail to see how people can't see this and keep harping on about defenders. If you don't score goals you get relegated, its THAT simple.

I love that Chezgiven has formed a new partnership with NE5. :lol:

You wouldn't be trying to deflect the focus away from the fact you've been shot down in flames, like?

Yep, I was shot down in flames.  The summer transfer window was an unmitigated success.  I now realise my error.  :thup:

Me too, can't imagine how we ever thought it was a failure tbh blatant success! Player we didn't need for a third of our budget, loan signing form Man U, Aged attacking midfielder who was struggling and one quality striker, exactly what im sure we were aiming for at the start of the window  :thup:

unrealistic people expecting a shte board to outspend Chelsea again, but you would still call them shite even if they did .....

Aye I said we should outspend Chelsea  :thup:

you give that impression.

Yep I said we should spend £35-40m last summer  :thup:

you have to accept that we had our budget, and spent it. Whether or not you think we should have bought defenders or attackers is your opinion, but where would we be if we had bought defenders instead of Martins, Sibierski and Duff ?

Safe to agree this is bollocks then?

So the sale of Milner was going to pay for Huth AND Viduka?

no, probably - correctly - Viduka

Ok so we bid for Huth aswell so we obviously had money available, did we not?

Its not like your bank account Jon  :lol: Freddy doesnt have a 'current' account with cash in it that has a transfer fund knocking about in.

If the player wants to sign then the money can be found through shifting items around in the books and using different loans and overdrafts or just assigned to future revenue streams.

The whole point is that if the player wants to come, they will. In this case Huth chose Boro (despite the intervention of our agents trying to scupper it) and Viduka thought f*ck going to that mess of a club, i've been on N-O and the world is about to cave in around them (and who could have blamed him as you would have thought the same having diagnosed our summer as a disaster). If you think that then why do you think Viduka would have wanted to come here?

Have you any understanding at all about the dynamics of a transfer deal? Very rare that a player is sold against his will.

We missed out on Huth beause we waited too long to attempt to sign him, he was just about to slip into his smog pyjamas and get into bed by the time we got our shit together.

IF we had planned to sign a defender I would have thought we would have "money can be found through shifting items around in the books and using different loans and overdrafts or just assigned to future revenue streams." done this before the last day of the transfer window, that sounds like planning to me and not oh so we may be able to sign him lets try and get this money together in the next few hours :thup:

This only a guess, maybe they were worried because Huth had already failed a medical but Boro had an agreement to sign him anyway if he could get fit. Maybe GR/FS went a bit cold on him after his ankle problem and he thought Boro were showing some loyalty towards him.

For the record, we didn't make the best of the transfer window but we still do need a forward. There is a tendancy at NUFC and it's a view that's reflected by some posters on here, that the defence isn't very important. It's a difficult balance, you have to score goals to stay up but the 1st job of any manager/coach should be to make his team difficult to beat.

This only a guess, maybe they were worried because Huth had already failed a medical but Boro had an agreement to sign him anyway if he could get fit. Maybe GR/FS went a bit cold on him after his ankle problem and he thought Boro were showing some loyalty towards him.

For the record, we didn't make the best of the transfer window but we still do need a forward. There is a tendancy at NUFC and it's a view that's reflected by some posters on here, that the defence isn't very important. It's a difficult balance, you have to score goals to stay up but the 1st job of any manager/coach should be to make his team difficult to beat.

But then if we were worried why werent their back up plans? Well there was one aparently, Zat Knight and if thats a fucking back up plan then that alone is proof our planning was shite!

We missed out on Huth beause we waited too long to attempt to sign him,

Wrong. He didnt want to come here.

Source? Why didnt he want to come here anyway? Poor fan base? Poor wages? or the fact he was already on the verge of signing for another club and us fannying about made him feel like he wasn't as wanted as he was by the smogs?

Why didn't we go in for him earlier giving us time (not a few hours) to approach our next target?

We missed out on Huth beause we waited too long to attempt to sign him,

Wrong. He didnt want to come here.

Source? Why didnt he want to come here anyway? Poor fan base? Poor wages? or the fact he was already on the verge of signing for another club and us fannying about made him feel like he wasn't as wanted as he was by the smogs?

Why didn't we go in for him earlier giving us time (not a few hours) to approach our next target?

who knows. Can you tell us why Martins came here, was it because we made him feel like he was wanted and that he was signing for a big club. Can you explain why Duff chose us instead of Liverpool - was it because Liverpool didn't make him feel as wanted as we did ? Why did Parker choose us before Everton last summer ? Was it because he saw us as a bigger club and we made him feel wanted ? 

Good planning ?

Why are you so obsessed about Huth. We are doing better than the smoggies who have him ... and I for one am pleased we bought 3 forward players, although one is short term so we still need one more quality at least. And I hope this is Roeders "plan" because it would definitely be mine.

I am "obsessed" with Huth as he is one of the players on the last day of the window we went for and failed to get.

Lets say for arguments sake we didn't have money left to make these bids, why the hell did we spend £5m+ signing on fee for Duff when you clearly pointed out we needed strikers as a priority and we also needed defenders. Good planning?

I am "obsessed" with Huth as he is one of the players on the last day of the window we went for and failed to get.

Lets say for arguments sake we didn't have money left to make these bids, why the hell did we spend £5m+ signing on fee for Duff when you clearly pointed out we needed strikers as a priority and we also needed defenders. Good planning?

Daft lad.

Daft lad.

Well thats won me over  :thup:

Daft lad.

You'll never get it and I'm not bothered.

Daft lad.

You'll never get it and I'm not bothered.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2415/000a9f20e1ee1382a0520c0xo3.jpg

As has been said, the manager of the club made his plans to do what he wanted, not what you wanted.

You haven't taken in anything in this thread from myself, HTL or Chez Given have you ? And I agree with Roeder, I would rather invest 5m quid of the clubs money on Duff than Huth