Carling Cup Quarters Thread

Ashley17

Get in you Blues!

F***ing great day again for us, we've got a habit of beating the big boys (as thats what Charlton are to Wycombe) in the cups.

It would make my year if the Toon knocked out Chelsea tomorrow and got Wycombe in the semis. That way even if Newcastle lost I'd at least have a chance to see my hometown club play in the final of the league cup no less!

http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/91189.jpg

Jermaine Easter is a f***ing legend.

Easter>Tyson

Eh? How can you support two teams?

Genuine question.

And a fair one.

I support Newcastle United. No-one else. I do however follow the exploits of Wycombe Wanderers and a number of other clubs, albeit with at best 1/20th of the interest and passion I have for NUFC.

Wycombe Wanderers, as they are from the town I was born in, for once gave me a feeling of real hometown pride and so I might have gotten a bit over-excited last night. That's where the "us" and "we" came from; the fact I'm actually from High Wycombe.

Fair enough?

Get in you Blues!

F***ing great day again for us, we've got a habit of beating the big boys (as thats what Charlton are to Wycombe) in the cups.

It would make my year if the Toon knocked out Chelsea tomorrow and got Wycombe in the semis. That way even if Newcastle lost I'd at least have a chance to see my hometown club play in the final of the league cup no less!

Easter>Tyson

Genuine question.

And a fair one.

I support Newcastle United. No-one else. I do however follow the exploits of Wycombe Wanderers and a number of other clubs, albeit with at best 1/20th of the interest and passion I have for NUFC.

Wycombe Wanderers, as they are from the town I was born in, for once gave me a feeling of real hometown pride and so I might have gotten a bit over-excited last night. That's where the "us" and "we" came from, the fact I'm actually from High Wycombe.

Fair enough?

Consider your superfan status removed. ;)

Get in you Blues!

Easter>Tyson

Genuine question.

And a fair one.

Wycombe Wanderers, as they are from the town I was born in, for once gave me a feeling of real hometown pride and so I might have gotten a bit over-excited last night. That's where the "us" and "we" came from; the fact I'm actually from High Wycombe.

Fair enough?

High Wycombe's a shithole :lol: some nice strippers in the white horse though :winking:

Get in you Blues!

Easter>Tyson

Genuine question.

And a fair one.

Fair enough?

High Wycombe's a shithole :lol: some nice strippers in the white horse though :winking:

:lol:

Yes it most certainly is. The White Horse is about the only good thing about the place because it occasionally gets some good bands in.

Glad I don't live anywhere near the place nowadays.

Jermaine Easter is fucking rubbish tbh.

He's not that bad, considering he's only 24. Decent goalscoring record in the lower leagues throughout his career. Never going to be Premiership quality admittedly.

Not when he played for Hartlepool, God he was dreadful. No better when we beat them a few weeks ago either.

Fair play to them for beating Charlton like, that'd be a nice semi final draw.

Jermaine Easter is fucking rubbish tbh.

He's not that bad, considering he's only 24. Decent goalscoring record in the lower leagues throughout his career. Never going to be Premiership quality admittedly.

Not when he played for Hartlepool, God he was dreadful. No better when we beat them a few weeks ago either.

Fair play to them for beating Charlton like, that'd be a nice semi final draw.

Fair enough, it took a bit of time to find his feet at and after Hartlepool and he's perhaps not the sort of striker who is going to score 20+ a season but this season in particular he's really coming into his own.

His stats for this season with Wycombe are

League 2  14(0)  9 

Carling Cup  5(0) 5

Football League Trophy 1(0) 0

FA Cup 1(0) 1

Which is fine considering he's a League 2 player.