Freddy Eastwood or Dave Nugent

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

Has anyone heard anything else about these kids, in regards to possible signings for us or have any other clubs been watching them e.t.c?

Who do you think would be best suited to life on tyneside, and would fit into the the system that we play and help out Martins?

Do you think we can afford them and would you be willing to spend anywhere from 3-6 mil on them?

look forward to hearing what you think never no might be able to send it off to Roeder so he can get public opinion  :winking: blueeek.gif

Guest nufc 4 life

Both similar players but Nugent seems to have been doing it longer and Eastwood has had a £5m price tag stuck on his head.

thats wrong actually Eastwood is 23 Nugent 21

Freddy Eastwood - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Eastwood

this year in 27 gams in all competitions he has scored 11 goals 4 in the carling cup.

Dave Nugent- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nugent

22 games in all competitions 5 goals.

To me Eastwood is the more experienced and proven golasscorer.

And they are both 5'11

Guest nufc 4 life

Just found these on what the clubs and layers have to say.

David Nugent

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436576&CPID=10&clid=107&lid=&title=PNE+reiterate+Nugent+stance

Freddy Eastwood

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436586&CPID=10&clid=81&lid=&title=Ambitious+Eastwood+eyes+Prem

I think Eastwood is the only one we have been linked with

Wasn't southend in League one last season?

yes, but im not sure about Preston

Preston & Nugent have been in the Championship for a while now.

Eastwood hasn't, therefore Nugent has been doing it longer at this level than Eastwood.

Eastwood is all hype imo.

Nugent is a canny player, someone needs to take a chance on him, but no more than £3m.

Guest nufc 4 life

Eastwood hasn't, therefore Nugent has been doing it longer at this level than Eastwood.

Nugent is a canny player, someone needs to take a chance on him, but no more than £3m.

Portsmouth are supposedly going to make a 5mil bid for him sorry about all of the hyperlinks.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=433960&plid=12744&clid=47&cpid=8

I'd be decently happy if we bought Nugent (£3m), Billy Jones (£1m) & Curtis Davies (£5m) with our money in the window.

Shame we'd have to put up with Babayaro for another 5 months (unless we found a £1m LB bargain)

Guest nufc 4 life

Sorry when I said "doing it longer" i meant doing it as in performing and getting noticed for it.

no problems if you had meant doing it for longer in the championship you would of been right too because he has been there for 2 years wereas Eastoowd has been in the Championship for one however Eastwood has the better record this season for Championship golas...

Portsmouth are supposedly going to make a 5mil bid for him sorry about all of the hyperlinks.

Na, not a gamble we can afford tbh.

£5m is way too much, unless its £3m upfront, £1m when we win summit (haha fuk Preston) & £1m for his 1st Int app)

Guest nufc 4 life

Sign them both, we short on strikers as Rossi leaving and hopefully Luque.

lol i doubt that one mate they both have 5 mil valuations on their head i doubt Roeder will spend 10mil on 2 strikers

Sorry when I said "doing it longer" i meant doing it as in performing and getting noticed for it.

no problems if you had meant doing it for longer in the championship you would of been right too because he has been there for 2 years wereas Eastoowd has been in the Championship for one however Eastwood has the better record this season for Championship golas...

Eastwood hasn't even been there for a year, and Nugent ha struggled with injury, and Preston keep rushing him back IIRC.

Southend are on a buzz as well (or were a few weeks ago), but tbh, niether have really impressed me so far this season.

Guest nufc 4 life

£5m is way too much, unless its £3m upfront, £1m when we win summit (haha fuk Preston) & £1m for his 1st Int app)

I dunno 10 mil on Martins was a gamble, buying any sriker is a gamble and even if he doesn't do spectacularly well in his first season he is only 21 and supposedly one of the fastest strikers in the Championship according to the wikipedia thing, could you imagine the pace in the team then with Martins fastest player in the Prem, Dyer very quick, Duff Nzogbia both pretty fast more Nzogbia though and then Nugent that would be an amazingly quick midfield + up front and not forgetting Owen

I dunno 10 mil on Martins was a gamble, buying any sriker is a gamble and even if he doesn't do spectacularly well in his first season he is only 21 and supposedly one of the fastest strikers in the Championship according to the wikipedia thing, could you imagine the pace in the team then with Martins fastest player in the Prem, Dyer very quick, Duff Nzogbia both pretty fast more Nzogbia though and then Nugent that would be an amazingly quick midfield + up front and not forgetting Owen

When i've seen him he didn't look fast at all, but his age is a bonus, two 21 year olds upfront for the future, good stuff.

Can't claim to be a big fan of either player. I don't rate Nugent at all - his record is nothing special and whenever he plays for the U21s he never really looks like getting a goal. Eastwood to me looks to be a better player in almost every sense bar athletism - I thought he was really good in terms of touch against Manure but I don't think he has enough ability to cope with the difference in size, strength, pace, etc. I also heard he's a gypsy...? Not sure how that would affect a big move.

Thing is Martins at £10m was a gamble but £10m on a 21 year old with 49 goals for Inter Milan including 9 in the champions league is for me a safer gamble than £5m for someone who has done well in the Championship.

Guest nufc 4 life

Thing is Martins at £10m was a gamble but £10m on a 21 year old with 49 goals for Inter Milan including 9 in the champions league is for me a safer gamble than £5m for someone who has done well in the Championship.

good point lol and i would agree with you on that one, but as Taylor said too have 2 21 year olds up front would be great for the future with Sibs being 31 Owen 27 and Ameobi being injured so then we would have, if all fit 2 i'd say world class strikers in Owen and Martins One supposedly very good player in Nugent and 2 good players in Sibs and Ameobi, sounds good enough to me, even if we got Eastwood he is only 23 so again same thing.

Dr Spectrum Nugent and Eastwood are both 5'11