Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest chopey

Looks like the Premier League have defiantly tagged the next TV rights deal into the talks for the right to takeover, I reckon the TV deal will be announced not long after the takeover, which keeps all the clubs happy

Looks like the Premier League have defiantly tagged the next TV rights deal into the talks for the right to takeover, I reckon the TV deal will be announced not long after the takeover, which keeps all the clubs happy

Doesn’t the current one run out next year though?

Im not sure the premier league test will be pass/fail and we'll get an announcement per se. It'll be more to the case that the owners aren't meeting a certain set of standards and thus the test wont pass but itll be assumed that the prospective owners are working towards passing. There'll only ever be an announment if the PL test is passed imo.  Readings owner supposedly failed the PL test when trying to buy Hull, but there was never any announcement.

This shit will rumble on and eventually fizzle out as the club continues to stumble on like an extra from Shaun of the Dead.

Is this just a guess or have I missed some announcement about this??

It’s yet another classic NO stab in the dark.

"which is incidentally what you’ll be getting if you don’t start being a bit more helpful."

If the saudis buy NUFC and then buys the TV rights for the PL, isn't that as if NUFC owns the TV rights then?

And isn't that a conflict of interest?🤷‍♂️

But I bet the PL can see through the fingers if it suits them...

If the saudis buy NUFC and then buys the TV rights for the PL, isn't that as if NUFC owns the TV rights then?

Maybe the PL want the TV rights to go there and not for them to buy NUFC.  Like 'nevermind that, can I interest you in this'.

certainly think they're c*ntly enough and Masters would at least be in compliance with his job remit (least the only way it will be judged inside football) that way, of improving PL revenue.

Maybe the PL want the TV rights to go there and not for them to buy NUFC.  Like 'nevermind that, can I interest you in this'.

certainly think they're c*ntly enough and Masters would at least be in compliance with his job remit (least the only way it will be judged inside football) that way, of improving PL revenue.

If KSA wanted EPL media rights it wouldn't buy them through PIF.

If KSA wanted EPL media rights it wouldn't buy them through PIF.

Exactly. A lot of people are confusing PIF with everything Saudi.

"which is incidentally what you’ll be getting if you don’t start being a bit more helpful."

I got the reference  :lol:

Guest godzilla

It seems to have got to the stage where it just goes completely quiet and we start next season with Ashley and Brucey.

No it doesn't

It does feel like that tbh, this is usually the point where we realise nothing's been said for a while so we probably won't hear nowt else :lol:

Although I don't think that's the case this time, as we've never actually been to the PL checks stage so I expect to hear something one way or another.

My gut feeling is still the same, which is that they've been given an unofficial 'no' until they can prove they're sorting shit out. 

Guest godzilla

It does feel like that tbh, this is usually the point where we realise nothing's been said for a while so we probably won't hear nowt else :lol:

Although I don't think that's the case this time, as we've never actually been to the PL checks stage so I expect to hear something one way or another.

My gut feeling is still the same, which is that they've been given an unofficial 'no' until they can prove they're sorting s*** out.

As I mentioned a few pages back the ducks are being lined up in a row. The announcements this week by the government and the laws being introduced by the Saudis on the piracy and Intellectual property are certainly imho suggesting this.

My gut feeling is still the same, which is that they've been given an unofficial 'no' until they can prove they're sorting s*** out.

As I mentioned a few pages back the ducks are being lined up in a row. The announcements this week by the government and the laws being introduced by the Saudis on the piracy and Intellectual property are certainly imho suggesting this.

Aye, it's what I thought, it's no coincidence that they've started doing all sorts re: intellectual property. 

My worry is what are the PL waiting for, and for how long.  The Saudis are clearly doing stuff to counter the piracy claims, but what do the PL want from it?  Do they want to wait until they have some kind of results? (fuck knows what the measure of that would be)…or are they happy with the them to just show that they're taking action...in which case the Saudis have done this so what's the hold up? Are they also waiting for something else? 

I'm not expecting answers from you by the way :lol: Just 'thinking out loud' as it were.