Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The premier league are at this stage allowing themselves to be used by every Tom, dick and Harry with an agenda against Saudi Arabia to gain publicity.

Why are these organisations not writing to U.K. govt after resuming arms sales to Saudi Arabia, I presume their letter to them has got lost in the post.

I feel a bit foolish now for thinking the PL wouldn't let our club drift about rudderless whilst they try and solve world peace. They'll let this drag on well into next season without a doubt.

I’m sure amnesty and liberty are lobbying the government every day and have been since they were established, TBF :lol:

TBF you would expect Amnesty to lobby govt’s about human rights, but this is an organisation charged with running football.

There ineptness is allowing people with no interest in football to use the sale as a vehicle to try and promote their own agendas.

Maybe I'm just naive/bias/ignorant/whatever but I don't think any of the issues being spouted by organisations and other certain people should have anything to do with us.  These people are going to continue investing in/buying businesses all around the world, I don't see why NUFC should be the one thing that they aren't allowed to buy, I also don't see why we as fans should feel guilty about it either.

Piracy sorted now prisoners need to be released before deal approved.

Thought that little wanker Delaney had been quiet for a while.

It's like playing whack a mole. Once the piracy is sorted and the prisoners are released, there'll be calls for Saudi to abolish the death penalty. You can make a list of demands as long as your arm tbf.

Guest godzilla

The UK government have just this week given the Premier League the all clear to pass this deal on the human rights issue, which if needs to be reminded is not part of the D&O test anyway

Looks like the Premier League have defiantly tagged the next TV rights deal into the talks for the right to takeover, I reckon the TV deal will be announced not long after the takeover, which keeps all the clubs happy

Is this just a guess or have I missed some announcement about this??

It’s yet another classic NO stab in the dark.

"which is incidentally what you’ll be getting if you don’t start being a bit more helpful."

One of the all time great comedy lines right there :lol:

If only a Sports Direct employee had written to the PL back in 2007 asking them to block the takeover from Ashley on the grounds of him being a Victorian workhouse employer.

And how, pray tell, did Mr. Delaney come by the contents of this latest letter? For a process that is supposed to be shrouded in secrecy and confidentiality, there seem to be a fair few leaks.

What gets me is if they block the takeover, how does that really help the prisoners, the grieving girlfriend(#qatari spy allegedly) and any other f***er with a grievance.

The Saudis will continue investing and purchasing around the world, but hey we stopped them buying NUFC.

Surely if they were leaking  letters to the press re arms sales, it would gain just as much attention ?

Maybe that’s the problem here this sale is bigger news than shipping jets, guns, tanks and missiles.

Guest godzilla

What gets me is if they block the takeover, how does that really help the prisoners, The grieving girlfriend(#qatari spy allegedly) and any other f***er with a grievance.

The Saudis will continue investing and purchasing around the world, but hey we stopped them buying NUFC.

Surely if they were leaking  letters to the press re arms sales, it would gain just as much attention ?

Maybe that’s the problem here this sale is bigger news than shipping jets, guns, tanks and missiles.

They won't knock it back on the human rights issue. Not only is it not part of the D&O test, but the Premier League's own government is directly trading with the Saudi state and encouraging investment. The announcements this week by the UK government were more than coincidence

Remember when Caulkin said there were no red flags in the first few weeks  :lol:

And there probably wasn't?

I think that's complete rubbish myself, the piracy issue would have been known at the very beginning of the process

I think the 'no red flags' comments were basically 'they haven't been informed of any issues', which was probably the case at the time.

What gets me is if they block the takeover, how does that really help the prisoners, The grieving girlfriend(#qatari spy allegedly) and any other f***er with a grievance.

They won't knock it back on the human rights issue. Not only is it not part of the D&O test, but the Premier League's own government is directly trading with the Saudi state and encouraging investment. The announcements this week by the UK government were more than coincidence

I agree they can’t block on this it would put them at odds with own government.

However, they have been asking them questions on human rights apparently, whether that’s just a tick box exercise who knows.

I’m sure masters would love to get a few prisoners released aswell though, he’d be an even bigger hero who cares if it takes a year to secure it, there’s no fucking deadline anyway.

Guest godzilla

However, they have been asking them questions on human rights apparently, whether that’s just a tick box exercise who knows.

I’m sure masters would love to get a few prisoners released aswell though, he’d be an even bigger hero who cares if it takes a year to secure it, there’s no f***ing deadline anyway.

Never seen or heard about that mind, everything which has been reported about the questions being asked is the piracy

I'm still where I was 6 weeks ago - they've had months to say 'no' and they haven't. I think they're just waiting until it's safe enough to say 'yes'.

By safe enough I mean there's enough evidence to suggest things have been done or put in place by SA to stop or limit the piracy issues. I think once the season ends and football finishes for the rest of the summer they'll pass it. Again, no facts to base this on, it's just a hunch.

I’m sure masters would love to get a few prisoners released aswell though, he’d be an even bigger hero who cares if it takes a year to secure it, there’s no f***ing deadline anyway.

Never seen or heard about that mind, everything which has been reported about the questions being asked is the piracy

Can’t remember if it was Caulkin or Douglas but one of them did mention they’d been asked questions on human rights.

Edit he mentions it in here.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-takeover-11-burning-18582989

Guest godzilla

Can’t remember if it was Caulkin or Douglas but one of them did mention they’d been asked questions on human rights.

Definitely not Caulkin and can't remember seeing anything from Douglass either. Why would they ask when it is not part of the D&O test. There is a reason Masters sent those polite fob off letters to the the fiance