Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Or possibly they're waiting to see if they have given them it?

Eh? How can the PL be waiting to see if the PL have recieved something? They just check the post surely?

The only nugget of consolation, is that I think MA would have been making a lot of noise if there was a statement. If no progress was being made whatsoever, he would have kicked up a fuss or even pulled put of the deal on the grounds it was hurting his business. Not that he gives a fuck.

As in they're waiting to see if they've implemented piracy measures they've recommended, for example.

Or possibly they're waiting to see if they have given them it?

Eh? How can the PL be waiting to see if the PL have recieved something? They just check the post surely?

The only nugget of consolation, is that I think MA would have been making a lot of noise if there was a statement. If no progress was being made whatsoever, he would have kicked up a fuss or even pulled put of the deal on the grounds it was hurting his business. Not that he gives a fuck.

As in they're waiting to see if they've implemented piracy measures they've recommended, for example.

Ah, got you. Well that would be ridiculous in terms of the implications for a football club. Its beyond reasonable for the PL to play politics to that level, whilst ducking about with our future.

Nothing to suggest that that's what's going on though, except your own conclusions. If the Saudis don't meet the requirements, they should have been failed and allowed an appeal process (which basically would have been a combination of 2 and 3), but it doesn't appear that's what is happening at all.

There was no way this could pass in its initial format, so we should be grateful the PL seem to be giving Saudi Arabia a chance to satisfactorily put its house in order. If and when they do that to the PLs satisfaction, this passes. If they fail to do that, this fails. But nobody is just sitting round day after day going "You know what, I'm still not sure. Let's have another look at it tomorrow lads!"

Each to their own, but I reckon that's more or less what is happening. :lol:

That story, whatever it is, is bringing up a helpful little box saying 'do you need help to register or protect your idea?' at the screen bottom. Aal owa the intellectual property thing, these lot

You begin to wonder if this is way beyond Newcastle/Premier League/football now.

From Mike Ashley's discount drama to geopolitical football.  NUFC, never a dull moment.

"Perfidious albion in full flower"

WTF?!

"Perfidious Albion" is a pejorative phrase used within the context of international relations diplomacy to refer to alleged acts of diplomatic sleights, duplicity, treachery and hence infidelity by monarchs or governments of the UK in their pursuit of self-interest.

:lol: some people love a layer of drama

WTF?!

"Perfidious Albion" is a pejorative phrase used within the context of international relations diplomacy to refer to alleged acts of diplomatic sleights, duplicity, treachery and hence infidelity by monarchs or governments of the UK in their pursuit of self-interest.

It means someone stood on his thistle

We often call ourselves Perfidious Albion, as if the U.K. is the only country that engages in Realpolitik

They’re all at it pretty much.

Also isn’t Prof Simon Chadwick that Man U fan who’s bitter about us getting taken over when he wants it to be them?

Professor Simon still reckon there's no chance they want to buy us then?

I read it as the UK Government are likely to indicate for it to be approved with the Premier League being seen to placate those shareholders that could be impacted by this. Similar to when the UK announced sanctions around human rights, but then agreed arms sales that would go back to June 2019 (basically a sense of showing that there is something to be done against a heinous crime, but then still accept financial support from Saudi). It's all a mess.

You begin to wonder if this is way beyond Newcastle/Premier League/football now.

All we want to do it watch 11 men and a Manager try their best to win as many football matches as possible :lol:

How's it come to this.

WTF?!

Its actually an anagram of Saudi fool bein RIP  :lol: :lol:

WTF?!

Pleas tell me you didn’t sit there and do that?

I saw Saudi and bein and hey

WTF?!

Pleas tell me you didn’t sit there and do that?

I saw Saudi and bein and the rest fell out.  Lockdown is hitting me hard