Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Mate is a freeman and he’s heard nowt

I've not heard nowt, and I can graze my cows on the moor.

On a side note I wish they'd get rid of archaic shit like this.

Why? It protects Newcastle green lands etc from the scrupulous. Don’t mistake Freeman with Freemasons. Everything we do is charitable and for the good of Newcastle.

Hereditary status is an affront.  Keep the freemen if you want but award the title to people who actually deserve it, not people who have it because someone else did something.

An affront to who? What if there is no one derserving of it?

Then no-one gets it.

Why? It protects Newcastle green lands etc from the scrupulous. Don’t mistake Freeman with Freemasons. Everything we do is charitable and for the good of Newcastle.

Hereditary status is an affront.  Keep the freemen if you want but award the title to people who actually deserve it, not people who have it because someone else did something.

Then no-one gets it.

Then who defends the land when everyone dies out? :lol:

So Fly Emirates sponsoring Arsenal’s stadium and shirt as well as sponsoring referee’s and the FA Cup isn’t a problem, but this is? Aye ok, whatever.

This is probably BS but the example you give isn't the same. The owners of Emirates don't own Arsenal and then sponsor another club.

Think he's talking about Man City owners and Arsenal's sponsors.

People keep getting this mixed up, Emirates are Dubai based and Man City’s owners are Abu Dhabi

Then no-one gets it.

Hold it in trust until there's a worthy recipient of the title.  It's not rocket science, there are probably hundreds of people deserving of some honour every year for their work, pick a few and make them freemen.

Turn it around, why do you deserve it?

So Fly Emirates sponsoring Arsenal’s stadium and shirt as well as sponsoring referee’s and the FA Cup isn’t a problem, but this is? Aye ok, whatever.

This is probably BS but the example you give isn't the same. The owners of Emirates don't own Arsenal and then sponsor another club.

People keep getting this mixed up, Emirates are Dubai based and Man City’s owners are Abu Dhabi

All part of the UAE, aren't they?

Then no-one gets it.

Hold it in trust until there's a worthy recipient of the title.  It's not rocket science, there are probably hundreds of people deserving of some honour every year for their work, pick a few and make them freemen.

Who runs the trust then and agrees it’s function and maintains the charity?

My family defended the City walls when it came under attack and the protection of the city was passed down through the family along with the other families who defended the city. Ironically as it stands my family line will end with me unless I have children very late in life and even if I did they may not want to :lol: You aren’t forced into it. I nearly didn’t but a combination of wanting to make my late grandad happy and finding out all the good work they do for the city I thought it be good to give something back for the people of Newcastle.

There are honorary Freeman for those deserving of the honour as you put it for doing something special for the city.

You never answered why you are affronted with what is a charity? Have they done something in their history that has upset you?

Then no-one gets it.

My family defended the City walls when it came under attack and the protection of the city was passed down through the family along with the other families who defended the city. Ironically as it stands my family line will end with me unless I have children very late in life and even if I did they may not want to :lol: You aren’t forced into it. I nearly didn’t but a combination of wanting to make my late grandad happy and finding out all the good work they do for the city I thought it be good to give something back for the people of Newcastle.

There are honorary Freeman for those deserving of the honour as you put it for doing something special for the city.

You never answered why you are affronted with what is a charity? Have they done something in their history that has upset you?

Right, so you did nothing to deserve it.

Then no-one gets it.

Not sure how “deserve it” applies to doing some charity work. I don’t see myself as owning anything :lol:

Then no-one gets it.

Not sure how “deserve it” applies to doing some charity work. I don’t see myself as owning anything :lol:

Nothing against you, like :lol:

I just take offense at hereditary statuses be they royalty, lords, freemen or binmen. 

edit: better than rehashing the ethical implications of a Saudi takeover anyway

Then no-one gets it.

Nothing against you, like :lol:

I just take offense at hereditary statuses be they royalty, lords, freemen or binmen. 

edit: better than rehashing the ethical implications of a Saudi takeover anyway

No offence taken. I have the same outlook as you hence my hesitation in the first place to become one. Since becoming one I see the good work they try to do for the city and just as importantly what they’ve stopped many various councils doing. See us as no more than well meaning conservationists of Newcastle. Shame Strawberry Place hadn’t fell under our derestriction. Now that’s what elected public servants do to the city they are meant to serve :lol:

Yeah but they are city states and completely automatous from each other and have there own royal families

Whilst I’m with you in sentiment in regards the The likes of the duke of Northumberland being a greedy twat and robbing his “people” blind in the interest of amassing even more money he was born into. This is in effect a patch of grass in the town and the freemen are entrusted with its protection.

I hear you wear your stillsuit desert fashion, LFEE[/member]

Well you’ll find out when the remake is released later this year. Can’t be any worse than the original and that’s coming from a big David Lynch fan :lol:

Yeah but they are city states and completely automatous from each other and have there own royal families

:thup:

:thup:

You just know though, if someone from Sharjah wanted to buy us, it'd suddenly be a problem :lol:

https://twitter.com/rejointheu/status/1281854392908611585?s=20

https://twitter.com/rejointheu/status/1282015119023669249?s=20

No idea if there is any truth in this but it does make sense to me and seems very likely something the PL would request.

That would make sense tbh, as a Newcastle fan you wouldn't really want the owners of our club investing in Man U. Fuck them.

On the downside, looks like this isn't going to go through until July 31st at the earliest. But at least there's a date assuming that is true.

Guest chopey

The longer this goes on the more confident I am that it's going to be a huge investment along the lines of Man City, the Directors test has gone way beyond checking if a bloke has had a dodgy background and into the realms of multi billion pound TV deals and huge sponsorship negotiations.

The Premier League are getting their ducks in a row for a massive financial investment that has been brewing from Saudi for a lot of years now and it looks like it's falling on us.

The longer this goes on the more confident I am that it's going to be a huge investment along the lines of Man City, the Directors test has gone way beyond checking if a bloke has had a dodgy background and into the realms of multi billion pound TV deals and huge sponsorship negotiations.

The Premier League are getting their ducks in a row for a massive financial investment that has been brewing from Saudi for a lot of years now and it looks like it's falling on us.

Very well put. It will be worth the wait. Probably after the season finishes (26th).

Very well put. It will be worth the wait. Probably after the season finishes (2026).

fyp

I do love these, "dont hear about them until they are done," takeovers.

:lol: Probably true many moons ago but not now with social media etc. Does amuse me how resourceful fans are when needed. Put many paid journalists to shame :lol: