PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

13 hours ago, JLC said:

Winter is great and seems to have a soft spot for us. No idea what happened with him leaving The Times. Sounds like it wasn't his decision

met him at SJP a few years ago and he does seem to love his trips up here.

got chatting about his brother Tim who was a cambridge lecturer and had done some documentary on egypt that i'd seen.

fascinating, i know.

Just loves his football and traditional old clubs does Hank. Think football journalism has moved slightly beyond him, to either OTT analysis or click bait, but always come across as fairly sane when taking about us.

16 minutes ago, Disco said:

Just loves his football and traditional old clubs does Hank. Think football journalism has moved slightly beyond him, to either OTT analysis or click bait, but always come across as fairly sane when taking about us.

He’s a proper writer though, proper journalist. Of the old form. 

On 27/09/2024 at 18:41, mouldy_uk said:

Cancer is a bastard, all the best Darren 

Totally agree. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer back in December. Hospital for something else and found the tumour surgery in February removed full kidney. Hadn’t spread so no further treatment. Just six monthly scans and blood tests for rest of life.  Small price to pay. 

1 minute ago, jarrovianmag said:

Totally agree. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer back in December. Hospital for something else and found the tumour surgery in February removed full kidney. Hadn’t spread so no further treatment. Just six monthly scans and blood tests for rest of life.  Small price to pay. 

Take care.  Thinking of you.

3 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

Ah mate, I’m sorry to hear that. Be pulling for ya. 

14 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

Hope you’re keeping well fella.

17 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

All the very best to you, mate.