Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

Pardew did that tbf. Dyche too maybe?

I just think the league is a lot tougher these days and I think we need a world class manager in. Howe is good but I don’t he sets himself apart from Marco Silva, Frank and co. 

His overall points total despite being given an absolute disaster of a team when he first came in strongly suggests that he has elevated to a different class.

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

His overall points total despite being given an absolute disaster of a team when he first came in strongly suggests that he has elevated to a different class.

Let’s see how he gets on the next few games they will be telling.

City is a right off but we need to be putting in good performances against Brighton and Everton.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Yeah, I wasn’t woosh’d. Just incredibly poor football knowledge and analysis. 4th in total points since he took over. Yet people think they know more than him and want someone “world class”

I think it depends what your ambitions are for this season. I think 5th to 8th will be very close and the fine margins count. I am sceptical we can make that up we aren’t the elite pressing team we once were. I’m not sure Howe has much else in his locker consistently.

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Solid PL managers tend not to add a few signings and take a relegation circling side from 4th and 7th.

Ancelotti is a mid-table manager without the right players 

This might be true. Howe has most likely done better with us than Ancelotti would, but likewise I don't think Howe would do as well with Real Madrid as what Ancelotti is doing. It demands very different way of coaching. Pep also wouldn't be great with a mediocre squad, but it takes a certain way of coaching to be successful with a top squad, as easy as it may seem. Howe has done well, noone can deny it. But the curve has certainly been going in the wrong direction ever since the "setting up Trippier in good crossing positions" plan didn't cut it anymore, and it's only getting worse performance wise. To me it seems like Howe is struggling to apadt to us not being an underdog anymore, as he has allways been coaching underdog teams.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, TRC said:

I think it depends what your ambitions are for this season. I think 5th to 8th will be very close and the fine margins count. I am sceptical we can make that up we aren’t the elite pressing team we once were. I’m not sure Howe has much else in his locker consistently.

We have a fuck load of football to play and another transfer window. 

Just now, Kanji said:

We have a fuck load of football to play and another transfer window. 

Presumably with money also. That said, January windows are hard unless I misread how the prem works these days.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Who do people want instead? Who’s elite and world class who’d take on this chalice of working with players the club can’t shift?

This is exactly it as well. I've shyed away from this question because it invites the inevitable 'I'm not a director of football/ they'll be able to identify the right person, but even then it's like if we didn't have Howe, you'd choose him. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

While I sooort of agree, all season is still only 5 games. I wouldn't bank on any 5 games at any point, good or bad, to define a season. 

True BUT I feel there are a lot of issues - Gordon looks totally out of sorts, Isak has yet to start firing, our midfield just isn't clicking, and as for our defence - what got us Top 4 was solidity -  our back four rarely changed.  I think this season it has changed every game.  Tactically as well - where has our press gone? Where is the intensity?  Yes we have only lost just one game but the performances haven't been great.

Edited by duo

The one manager who I absolutely wanted outside of Howe was universally hated at the end of last season in Dortmund. A man who tactically is the most switched on mind in my eye but apparently was fucking awful in Bundesliga last season and the fans were happy to get rid of despite making the CL fucking final. It ain’t all grass is greener lads. 

Just now, Kanji said:

The one manager who I absolutely wanted outside of Howe was universally hated at the end of last season in Dortmund. A man who tactically is the most switched on mind in my eye but apparently was fucking awful in Bundesliga last season and the fans were happy to get rid of despite making the CL fucking final. It ain’t all grass is greener lads. 

Sometimes it’s about fit, Fonseca is a good manager but will be booted by Milan soon.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

But sometimes it is. If it keep going like this we will get to find out.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Solid PL managers tend not to add a few signings and take a relegation circling side from 4th and 7th.

Ancelotti is a mid-table manager without the right players 

You don’t honestly believe that do you? I have no doubt Ancelotti has this team doing far better for what it’s worth. Pointless debate mind.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You don’t honestly believe that do you? I have no doubt Ancelotti has this team doing far better for what it’s worth. Pointless debate mind.

To be fair, think KI is clearly pointing to 13th and 10th @ Everton under Ancelotti. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

To be fair, think KI is clearly pointing to 13th and 10th @ Everton under Ancelotti. 

And to be fair brother they sunk like a stone after him, even with Rafa. If Ancelotti is a mid table manager without the right players that goes for every manager in history.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

And to be fair brother they sunk like a stone after him, even with Rafa. If Ancelotti is a mid table manager without the right players that goes for every manager in history.

I think Ancelotti would have us winning trophies tbh. I’d also love to see our Paul Mitchell brigade back Paul over Don Carlo :lol: fucking nerds. 

Edited by Kanji

Howe’s overall body of work is excellent for us. I don’t think anyone would agree that. 

But do we think we’ll finish 4th this season?  Why? Our performances and form over the last 12 months suggest we won’t be that consistent.  We often look vulnerable defensively and incoherent in attack. With repeated issues over the last year.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Howe’s overall body of work is excellent for us. I don’t think anyone would agree that. 

But do we think we’ll finish 4th this season?  Why? Our performances and form over the last 12 months suggest we won’t be that consistent.  We often look vulnerable defensively and incoherent in attack. With repeated issues over the last year.  

Agree: Eddie’s work has been nothing short of astounding anyone suggestion otherwise is either a wum or have some agenda. 

4th was off the table the moment the window closed and we didn’t do anything within in. 

Us as a club and eddie are in a tough spot and I don’t see how we get out of it, as I’ve bleated on about since what feels like forever ultimately FFP has created a glass ceiling which needs a miracle worker to breach, those who were saying the board will sort it are also quiet about it.