Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Hard to see us performing like that in the same circumstances last season but at the same time we didn't have those circumstances last season.

Four purples, one's half fit, a reserve keeper and a Pardew cup tie midfield of Cabaye+2 generic squad guys. Excepting the players Howe himself improved.

Results/performances aren't running counter to that and we don't have the personnel or lack of expectation to play like Dyche.

Keegan in similar circumstances got turned over 3-0 at QPR with one forward, injuries and a reserve keeper. Same time of year.

The squad for QPR was fucked with flu . We shouldve asked to call it off . 

54 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

From The Guardian ...

Not that I think Newcastle are terrible but the project has stalled somewhat, or perhaps found its profit-and-sustainability glass ceiling,” begins Dave Watton.

“They’ve been hovering around 10th all season, 15 points off Villa in 4th, despite the dramatics they still went out of the Champions League in the group stages and as usual barely made a ripple in the cups. West Ham are supposed to be a crisis club and they’ll probably finish above Newcastle.

Carabao Cup -- knocked out Man City, beat Man U 3-0 at Old Trafford, came within an inch of beating Chelsea away and making the semi-finals.

FA Cup -- still in

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Wonder how many would argue that Howe won’t budge from bikini lines. You’d never see him make his wife try even a landing  strip. He needs to adapt 

It’s when Jason Tindall comes in and starts shouting them to get back in the bikini that you know Howe and Tindall’s relationship is too close

4 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Carabao Cup -- knocked out Man City, beat Man U 3-0 at Old Trafford, came within an inch of beating Chelsea away and making the semi-finals.

FA Cup -- still in

Who did Man Utd face in last years Carabao Cup final? 

Make the "reporter" answer that question!

Edited by Joe1984

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You must have loved National Geographic from 1968-1979

I was born in 91. Had to google that.

Those women are still bare chested. I could fly to Namibia and rent a Toyota Land Cruiser and a film camera and recreate that.  

I’m speaking about western breasts. They don’t point upwards anymore. They seem nihilistic and they point down. 

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Okay, well if Klopp has weaknesses (and Pep will too) then you would hope people might put things into perspective. Some won't but some will.

But both Klopp and Pep proved they were elite coached a long time ago. Howe hasn’t.  

I don’t think Howe is as good as either. I would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong. But this season has the potential to be horrid and cost him his job and he won’t be unlucky if it happens.  

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  From what I’ve seen in the last few weeks - I don’t see it.  We need to improve. Perhaps Joe W coming back is a turning point. He doesn’t have the answers with the current midfield options.  

Edited by The College Dropout

5 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

The squad for QPR was fucked with flu . We shouldve asked to call it off . 

Took bad myself at the same time. Might have been off that performance, might have been off a kebab te following night.  Didn't eat anything from Monday until after we beat Forest the following Saturday, which is worth baring in mind.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But both Klopp and Pep proved they were elite coached a long time ago. Howe hasn’t.  

I don’t think Howe is as good as either. I would like to see him given a chance to prove me wrong. But this season has the potential to be horrid and cost him his job and he won’t be unlucky if it happens.  

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  From what I’ve seen in the last few weeks - I don’t see it.  We need to improve. Perhaps Joe W coming back is a turning point. He doesn’t have the answers with the current midfield options.  

this season won’t cost him his job.

where are people getting this from? 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He proved he was an elite coach when he performed biblical level miracles to bring Bournemouth to the prem. 

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

this season won’t cost him his job.

where are people getting this from? 

To be fair you don't know that.

Common sense would be he keeps his job, but football usually lacks that.

Just now, Sufi said:

He proved he was an elite coach when he performed biblical level miracles to bring Bournemouth to the prem. 

there’s not a single manager in this earth that is considered elite for achievements below the actual elite of football.  He’s not in the same bracket as Pep or Klopp and doesn’t have their gravitas. 

The past has shown us time and again that success comes from continuity, not chopping and changing managers all the time. 

There needs to be some context here. Injuries, champions league before we’re ready etc. has been a strain on the squad.

That said, there are concerns IMO. We’ve been rolled over far too many times, not just by top teams either. Eddie has to answer for those but his job should be guaranteed for next season at least. 

Just now, Vedder said:

The past has shown us time and again that success comes from continuity, not chopping and changing managers all the time. 

There needs to be some context here. Injuries, champions league before we’re ready etc. has been a strain on the squad.

That said, there are concerns IMO. We’ve been rolled over far too many times, not just by top teams either. Eddie has to answer for those but his job should be guaranteed for next season at least. 

This is not true. 

Wenger won his first league title in his first full season. As did Mourinho, Conte and Ancelotti. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

there’s not a single manager in this earth that is considered elite for achievements below the actual elite of football.  He’s not in the same bracket as Pep or Klopp and doesn’t have their gravitas. 

Really? Do you think Klopp or Pep could do an Eddie at Bournemouth. With no money.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

This is not true. 

Wenger won his first league title in his first full season. As did Mourinho, Conte and Ancelotti. 

Fergie didn't though.

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we finish 9th or below he could go.  And we can defo finish 9th or below. 

I don’t see him getting sacked. Nor do I want him to be. Even if we do finish 9th. We are a bunch of spoiled brats. From fighting relegation to playing PSG in the champions league to now calling for the managers head..all in 2 seasons. Let’s calm down 

he deserves a healthy squad and a full summer window. If we are 9th this time next year, then I’m right there with you. 

we brought in Tonali who has a gambling injury.

barnes has been out most of the year.

botman barely played.

pope went down a few weeks ago.

Isak hasn’t been fit.

The injury prone Pele known as callum wilson has been in and out.

we have a loanee we don’t want to play (for whatever reason) 

I think it would be very inconsiderate and rash to sack Eddie this season. Even if we do finish 9th. 

However I do believe he could have done better in terms of tactics, subs, rotation, etc this season 

Edited by Sufi

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He has to scrape us to 7th imo.  

I disagree.

Most of the problems this season are down to three or four factors in my opinion.

- only two stikers in the squad, both with iffy fitness records.

- our big summer signing getting banned for betting.

- freak injuries to key players leaving him with a fatigued squad and limited choices.

- not changing things that aren't working.

- some of the squad simply aren't good enough.

How many of those factors are purely down to Howe? Should he carry the can for decisions that he has no control over?

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This is not true. 

Mourinho, Conte and Ancelotti were all Chelsea who had obvious financial advantage over the rest of the league. 

We have to build a sustainable model. This is not going to be done by shitting our pants over a bad patch and starting new time and again. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we finish 9th or below he could go.  And we can defo finish 9th or below. 

Get a grip man.  You are normally an ok poster but lately you have gone really really weird.

4 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Really? Do you think Klopp or Pep could do an Eddie at Bournemouth. With no money.

Doesn’t matter.  

5 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I don’t see him getting sacked. Nor do I want him to be. Even if we do finish 9th. We are a bunch of spoiled rats. From fighting relegation to playing PSG in the champions league to now calling for the managers head..all in 2 seasons. Let’s calm down 

he deserves a healthy squad and a full summer window. If we are 9th this time next year, then I’m right there with you. 

we brought in Tonali who has a gambling injury.

barnes has been out most of the year.

botman barely played.

pope went down a few weeks ago.

Isak hasn’t been fit.

The injury prone Pele known as callum wilson has been in and out.

we have a loanee we don’t want to play (for whatever reason) 

I think it would be very inconsiderate and rash to sack Eddie this season. Even if we do finish 9th. 

However I do believe he could have done better in terms of tactics, subs, rotation, etc this season 

Ok.  I don’t know if PIF share that opinion should we underperform to that level. 

8 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Fergie didn't though.

That was a good 40’years ago tbf.