Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

As long as we finish in the top 7/qualify for Europe again. His job is fine. And not worth much of a discussion about it until it might start to look like unlikely. 

I really hope so, it should definitely be.

Absolutely not bothered about being knocked out. Reckon we'd only be good for one more round anyway. It was a tough 6 games, which was managed well enough considering options and circumstances and will have improved our porfile. Apart from Dortmund, we held our own. 

I am still disappointed at that stupid run from schar. It's not like his previous, it's far too deep going for a 1 2. He either shoots outside the box, keeping him in position to run back, or stops and allows someone else to fill the space. The moment went to his head, from one of our most experienced as well. That moment cost us European football and a chance of a trophy. We'd have been decent in that, and if we won it, back in the CL next season. Really stupid decision. 

More sqaud depth will help us in the future, we'll never be as weak as we are as right now, so Howes methods will be OK. Still, his reluctance to change a team has led us to many other problems and it shouldn't be a crime to say so. 

I said it was a test. It really is. 1st half we were great but again legs and minds failed. Do that against Fulham and it'll be the same result and that one will really take it's toll if its a loss (I think it will be unfortunately) god help us if we pick up any more injuries in it whilst not getting a result. 

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

@admin

Is there an overreactions thread, if not, can we have one?

Should definitely have an overreactions thread and if people spill too much in individual threads they’re forced to only post in the overreactions thread for a day 

I don’t understand the reluctance to change the team criticism - who could he have brought in recently? The players we signed and needed to rely on for this tournament weren’t available. Barnes didn’t play a minute; tonali played a big part of 2 matches, Isak missed a few, Botman missed all but one… 

[emoji38]

First Champions League in 20 years. 

"Group of Death"

Hammered PSG at SJP

Made PSG fight at whatever their stadium is called 

League Cup final

Still in top 10 despite injury list

Players love him

Aye, lets get rid. :pards:

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I don’t understand the reluctance to change the team criticism - who could he have brought in recently? The players we signed and needed to rely on for this tournament weren’t available. Barnes didn’t play a minute; tonali played a big part of 2 matches, Isak missed a few, Botman missed all but one… 

Recently is not the issue. Hands are tied now. When he has options he didn't use them, now he doesn't have them he can't. 

Its partly down to quality, and him liking to take a while to bed players in, but I think you have to rotate it to early detriment for long term benefit.  

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Recently is not the issue. Hands are tied now. When he has options he didn't use them, now he doesn't have them he can't. 

It’s partly down to quality, and him liking to take a while to bed players in, but I think you have to rotate it to early detriment for long term benefit.  

Not for me, Clive. He’s had his options either severely limited or obliterated for 2/3 of the CL games (Dortmund 1 onwards). Don’t forget that the 2 big assets purchased for this season (tonali and barnes) have not been available. Same squad as last year minus maxi and plus tino, essentially, plus a lot more injuries. I think he has limits and flaws but this is so obviously not on him.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I hope so! Couldn’t hack watching a Mourinho team after what we’ve been spoiled with under Howe. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure PIF would love to bring Jose, to the pro league.  His profile really suits what they are looking for. 

in terms of us, not at all. 

23 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Doesn't that come hand-in-hand as a Premier League football manager though? We're entering a far more ruthless territory than what we've been used to over the last 20 years. Remember someone saying that we should expect an unpopular sale in the summer, I don't see why the unpopular (but somewhat understandable) decisions would be limited to our playing squad. Surely this level of ruthlessness starts at the very top?

FWIW I really hope he doesn't leave us in the next 10 years. I love the bloke. He's a breath of fresh air after years of whinging arseholes making excuses left, right and centre. Plus you know, he's not Arteta, Klopp or Ten Hag - a grade A thundercunt.

There’s probably a middile ground between being manager for the next 10 years and discussing his future because we’ve been knocked out the CL.  

Guardiola finished 4th first season. Klopp midtable. Klopp finished 5th last season, no real noise from the fans about his position. Arsenal board stuck with Arteta during some very dark days. 

Without evidence that we have a trigger happy ownership. It’s not worth the discussion imo.  It only adds fuel. It’s not constructive either. 

Let’s be honest.  We as a fanbase are not patient. Forget the Saudis. Bobby had 1 bad season, people wanted him out asap.  Crowd started booing home draws the next season. Pardew got into Europe with a team who was in the champ 2 years earlier, we signed practically no reinforcements - most people wanted him gone the next season when things went badly. 

Let’s not use SA as an excuse. We are not patient as a fanbase. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

There’s probably a middile ground between being manager for the next 10 years and discussing his future because we’ve been knocked out the CL.  

Guardiola finished 4th first season. Klopp midtable. Klopp finished 5th last season, no real noise from the fans about his position. Arsenal board stuck with Arteta during some very dark days. 

Without evidence that we have a trigger happy ownership. It’s not worth the discussion imo.  It only adds fuel. It’s not constructive either. 

Let’s be honest.  We as a fanbase are not patient. Forget the Saudis. Bobby had 1 bad season, people wanted him out asap.  Crowd started booing home draws the next season. Pardew got into Europe with a team who was in the champ 2 years earlier, we signed practically no reinforcements - most people wanted him gone the next season when things went badly. 

Agree with the points you are trying to make, however Pardew was an absolutely shit manager and a massive prick, that’s why people wanted him out. Can’t put his name in there with the others.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

That is up there with the biggest load of horseshit I've ever read on here :lol:

TIL Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Santon, Marveaux, Perch, Sammy Ameobi, Gosling and Obertan were in our Championship squad.

Jokes aside, the only starters in 11/12 from the Championship squad were Coloccini, Simpson, Williamson, and Jonas. Two of which were Argentina internationals, bought when we were a Premier League club.

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

TIL Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Santon, Marveaux, Perch, Sammy Ameobi, Gosling and Obertan were in our Championship squad.

Jokes aside, the only starters in 11/12 from the Championship squad were Coloccini, Simpson, Williamson, and Jonas. Two of which were Argentina internationals, bought when we were a Premier League club.

Ahhhh Marveaux,he was such a silky player that never made it here unfortunately.

Edited by Myleftboot

42 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Not for me, Clive. He’s had his options either severely limited or obliterated for 2/3 of the CL games (Dortmund 1 onwards). Don’t forget that the 2 big assets purchased for this season (tonali and barnes) have not been available. Same squad as last year minus maxi and plus tino, essentially, plus a lot more injuries. I think he has limits and flaws but this is so obviously not on him.

I'd like to think Howe is open to learning, and he'll be reviewing every decision and be self critical. If he doesn't address his early season approach to rotation then we'll have this issue over and over, lessening as we go on as quality will improve and options will be better. If you don't think it's an issue then fine, doesn't seem many do, but if he has nothing to learn from this season and how to manage additional games and expectations, then experience is over rated at this level. 

My view on it is if Howe doesnt trust players in his squad to be able to be good enough to rotate then they shouldnt be here its a complete waste of a squad place. The likes of Ritchie,Dummet,Hall,Krafth and the other keepers. If they arent good enough or trusted to get any gametime in a season then get rid and replace with people you do trust and who are. Injuries and suspensions are part of football and the more games you play ( generally the most successful teams play upto 60 games a season)  the more you need to use and rotate your squad

This is where the issue really lies and where it needs fixing if any of the players ive mentioned and the likes of Almiron,Dubravka etc are still in the squad or playing games in 24/25 then we have a problem. Its time for him to be ruthless and get rid of everyone he thinks is not capable of progressing as a player or progressing us as club

It's really annoying me listening to these pundits who are questioning Eddie and saying it's an embarrassment we finished last. Did they not watch the games? Did they not see that we were in every game? Isn't common knowledge we were robbed at PSG? We had those points in the bag, yesterday have been a total different game.  Idiots the lot of them.

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'd like to think Howe is open to learning, and he'll be reviewing every decision and be self critical. If he doesn't address his early season approach to rotation then we'll have this issue over and over, lessening as we go on as quality will improve and options will be better. If you don't think it's an issue then fine, doesn't seem many do, but if he has nothing to learn from this season and how to manage additional games and expectations, then experience is over rated at this level. 

Almost every manager should be up for learning tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Who should have been rotated and when?

We've been pretty short handed most of the season TBH, Anderson has been out for a while, Willock never started, Barnes and Tonali ages ago...

I agree with your point in general but just don't think the options have been there pretty much all season... 

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Almost every manager should be up for learning tbh. 

Proven when even the very best start to lose it. They'll reach their limit and the game will move forward without them. Thankfullt no ego on Eddie and he's got a couple of decades in him till that.