Newcastle United Women

toontownman

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

We invested so well in the summer that alot of these players should step up if we get promoted.

To be unbeaten in all competitions going into January is an unreal achievement.

The championship is a completely different beast, lots of teams who have been investing in their women's teams for a good few years.

Huge step up, and massive investment will be needed, but I think that's why they got the guy in from forest, he knows the league really well!!

It's obviously not nice for Fylde, but hopefully they don't take their foot off the gas. There's a few of these players that don't often start, so they'll be looking to impress and not ease off, but more importantly, we won the league on GD last year, and Forest won this league on GD, and with only 22 matches, more chance it will come down to GD. 

Fylde scored as I was typing that [emoji38], a cracker, but hopefully we score a few more as the game progresses.

Edited by Paullow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Women's_Championship#Table

The top of the Women's Championship is crazy this season. Almost half the teams are separated by just two points. Durham did beat Southampton earlier, so do close in a bit on that pack of 5. Sunderland currently losing 0-1 at home to in form Birmingham, who are jumping from 5th to 1st in the live table [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

So is it championship next if they get promoted then? Always struggle to understand the promotion structure

That was my understanding, 1 from this league and presumably 1 from the Southern equivalent? 

Commentator just said the patented Chris Waddle "pelanty", you love to hear it 

Edited by LiquidAK

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

So is it championship next if they get promoted then? Always struggle to understand the promotion structure

Aye, two up automatically this year, one from each regional league, as KE says. Two drop from the 2nd tier. Forest won this northern third tier last year, but must have lost the regional playoff and not get promoted.

Aye and as ably demonstrated earlier it only takes a couple of dozen minutes to score five. The manager never looks very satisfied with them at the best of times, I'm sure she will have been into their ribs about it

Edited by OpenC