Newcastle United Women

toontownman

12 minutes ago, Cclay said:

Not NUW related other than it's a topic and a person who some of our players had a connection with and have commented about. A hard read but an important one for the woman's game / game in general.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5760730/2024/09/19/maddy-cusack-family-one-year/?source=emp_shared_article

Read this earlier today. Very hard hitting

18 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Daisy / Derby 

IMG_5462.jpeg

What’s the crack when she’s on loan there? I mean when she was at Middlesbrough I presume she could still live up here. Now that she’s in Derby, is the club or Derby supporting her with accommodation etc? I’m going to guess that she’s on a more modest salary, so not like if she was in the men’s team where you could reasonably expect the player to pick up the bill.

I’m just trying to see if the club are fully supporting players.

Edited by Stifler

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

What’s the crack when she’s on loan there? I mean when she was at Middlesbrough I presume she could still live up here. Now that she’s in Derby, is the club or Derby supporting her with accommodation etc? I’m going to guess that she’s on a more modest salary, so not like if she was in the men’s team where you could reasonably expect them the player to pick up the bill.

I’m just trying to see if the club are fully supporting players.

Yes she is living just outside of Derby , and Between both Derby and Newcastle they are supporting her wages/accommodation.

She’s still currently looking for permanent accommodation but between the two clubs they are going to help. Luckily a family friend lives only 45 mins from Derby so she is staying there at the moment.

Edited by JonBez comesock