Parker not for Sale

Dokko

Guest Knightrider

Parker has been a waste of money to be fair. Someone told me yesterday that we haven't won many (League) games he has played in since his arrival - 8 was the figure given to me which I admit may be incorrect but thinking back though we do win more games when he's not playing regardless of whether 8 is correct or not.

Frightening if true though - I can't be arsed to check it out but the statto's on here will confirm or deny the fact I'm certain.

I think you are reading too much into this whole "OMG we win more without Parker" thing which may be statistically correct but when you have to rely on stats which can be interpreted a whole number of ways, I think you're clutching at staws.

OMG we win more with Krul in goal than Shay... statistically anyway.

Over 2/3 games you might well be correct but over a season and a half a certain pattern will have time to emerge surely?

Maybe but I'd say other factors would be more significant and give you a better general idea behind the wins to losses ratio, myself. I just think its daft to single out one player as to why we lose and vice versa when we win.

Parker individually has played decent this season from what I recall, certainly no worse or nor better than anyone else so can he himself be at fault? Its not a player issue, more a team one here for me.

You have to admit centrally we don't have any combination that looks the business, whether that be Butt and Emre, Emre and Parker, Parker and Butt, or whoever. This is an area of the team we need to look at in the future as its a weak one, whoever plays.

If we could part ex Butt for a similar mid player then yes, get rid. His value will only go down, but after this spell, and if he can keep it going, people may sit up and want to take him.

If it knocks off £1.5m off a transfer for Barton or Diop then i'd be happy parting with Butt.

Wouldn't want Barton tbh. Very average imo.

Fuck me there are some skewered views on here, the way some go on you'd think Butt was playing like Gilberto or someone, he's been decent nothing more, just like Parker has been. I can't help feeling those now on Parker's case are realising the folly in their own high expectations of him. I remember when he signed people were saying he's the next Gerrard, we'll be awesome in midfield etc.

Parker is a very good Premiership midfielder, good value for money at £6m and has done well since he joined the club, overall.

Butt playing half decent is a contrast to Butt playing shite after he joined, and that's it. Now if Butt was playing like Gilberto and Parker was playing like Faye, then people would have good valid points.

Untill then...

"some go on"

"those now on Parker's case"

"people"

Glad I don't qualify for any of those groups. :)

The last sentence was a good one, though. Butt isn't Gilberto, but the difference between these two players isn't far from that scale. And that's not due to high expectations of Parker on my part, as you well know, mate.  tongue.gif

Joey Barton has excelled in a mediocre Man City side for the last year and a half. Papa Bouba Diop has been blighted by injuries and even when fit is not as consistent as Barton.

Parker has been a waste of money to be fair. Someone told me yesterday that we haven't won many (League) games he has played in since his arrival - 8 was the figure given to me which I admit may be incorrect but thinking back though we do win more games when he's not playing regardless of whether 8 is correct or not.

Frightening if true though - I can't be arsed to check it out but the statto's on here will confirm or deny the fact I'm certain.

I think you are reading too much into this whole "OMG we win more without Parker" thing which may be statistically correct but when you have to rely on stats which can be interpreted a whole number of ways, I think you're clutching at staws.

OMG we win more with Krul in goal than Shay... statistically anyway.

For myself I don't look at whether or not we win more with Parker or don't. We PLAY better without him in the team, so over the longer term it's certain we'd do better without him. Your view is a bit skewered if you think not.  :winking:

We've won 14 league games that he's taken part in since he's been here, 8 of then under Roeder.

How many lost or drawn? How many has he actually played?

He's played 41 league games, we've won 14 - Drew 9 - Lost 18.

05/06 With Parker

Home - Won 7 - Drew 4 - Lost 2

Away - Won 3 - Drew 1 - Lost 9

Without Parker

Home - Won 4 - Drew 1 - Lost 1

Away - Won 3 - Drew 1 - Lost 2

06/07 With Parker

Home - Won 3 - Drew 2 - Lost 3

Away - Won 1 - Drew 2 - Lost 4

Without Parker

Home - Won 2 - Drew 0 - Lost 0

Away - Won 1 - Drew 0 - Lost 0

Joey Barton has excelled in a mediocre Man City side for the last year and a half. Papa Bouba Diop has been blighted by injuries and even when fit is not as consistent as Barton.

:clap:

I don't agree, I think Barton is a liability as well as being average, but well done all the same.  :winking: 'Tis all about opinions.

I like Barton but I wouldn't see the point of replacing Butt with him, Butt is a defensive midfielder where as Barton is someone who will drive the team forward from midfield.

We've won 14 league games that he's taken part in since he's been here, 8 of then under Roeder.

05/06 With Parker

Without Parker

06/07 With Parker

Without Parker

What would be interesting for those who can't remember would be reading match reports from those games.

Some of the games we won with Parker in the team last season were terrible performances. The biggest factor imo for those terrible, dour performances was down to the Parker/Emre pairing. I think I even made a thread about it and I don't start many threads. They simply do not complement one another so one of them should go. Emre is a much better footballer so it shouldn't be a tough decision.

05/06 With Parker

Without Parker

06/07 With Parker

Without Parker

What would be interesting for those who can't remember would be reading match reports from those games.

Some of the games we won with Parker in the team last season were terrible performances. The biggest factor imo for those terrible, dour performances was down to the Parker/Emre pairing. I think I even made a thread about it and I don't start many threads. They simply do not complement one another so one of them should go. Emre is a much better footballer so it shouldn't be a tough decision.

Should I feel bad because I'm starting to nod along to your posts about Parker? ;)

If we could part ex Butt for a similar mid player then yes, get rid. His value will only go down, but after this spell, and if he can keep it going, people may sit up and want to take him.

If it knocks off £1.5m off a transfer for Barton or Diop then i'd be happy parting with Butt.

Not sure if i would want him, am about 50-50 tbh, but the scenario was the main point, swapping Butt for another mid as i dont trust the club to  replace his position quick enough.

05/06 With Parker

Without Parker

06/07 With Parker

Without Parker

Should I feel bad because I'm starting to nod along to your posts about Parker? ;)

bluelaugh.gif

These things happen, mate. Probably one of these 24 hour bugs, everything will be back to normal tomorrow and I'll be posting shit again. :winking:

Not sure if i would want him, am about 50-50 tbh, but the scenario was the main point, swapping Butt for another mid as i dont trust the club to  replace his position quick enough.

I don't think he's going to be over the hill soon, so I don't see replacing him as a priority when you consider the other areas of the team that are weak.