Parker not for Sale

Dokko

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ok Parker doesn't have the ability to hit the ball from long range, I made it up!

I'm glad you finally admitted it. Now you've stopped playing silly buggers we can have an intelligent discussion. I think Parker is perhaps the least effective midfielder we have had on the books in the history of NUFC

jon your taking this a bit personal imo :lol:

Sorry just annoys me when people chat complete shite, I really don't think some understand the difference between the ability to do something and to consistantly do it!

Ok Parker doesn't have the ability to hit the ball from long range, I made it up!

I'm glad you finally admitted it. Now you've stopped playing silly buggers we can have an intelligent discussion. I think Parker is perhaps the least effective midfielder we have had on the books in the history of NUFC

Then why the hell did you type that last sentence!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sorry just annoys me when people chat complete shite, I really don't think some understand the difference between the ability to do something and to consistantly do it!

You mean the difference between luck and technique? Everything I have said is based on fact and evidenced by actual events. What you're saying is some kind of mishymushy poo argument based on hypothetical bollocks and this special definition of ability you have

Guest optimistic nit

listen although parker has hit the odd one from distance i would not call him a good long range shooter. The ones that go in don't exactly wistle into the back of the net, and the ones that don't are not very good at all. we don't have anyone who is really any good at shooting from distance (except martins seems to be ok at it, but we'll soon squash that out of him).

listen although parker has hit the odd one from distance i would not call him a good long range shooter. The ones that go in don't exactly wistle into the back of the net, and the ones that don't are not very good at all. we don't have anyone who is really any good at shooting from distance (except martins seems to be ok at it, but we'll soon squash that out of him).

Parker to score screamer from 30 yards today!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The ones? We're talking about 3 in his career, other players fluke more than that. He's scored 1 for us whoop de fucking doo

Guest optimistic nit

well the last time i criticised parker's shooting ability he scored from about 25-30 yards less than 12 hours later so probably :lol:

well the last time i criticised parker's shooting ability he scored from about 25-30 yards less than 12 hours later so probably :lol:

I would like to think u would want to be proven wrong!!!

How do you know he's got the ability to shoot from long range when he's only scored 3 in that style all his life? Did he have a special X-Ray that showed a super tense muscle in the thigh or something? If he had the ability he would have score a lot more.

People like Gerrrad or Lampard have shooting ability, and we know they have that ability because they score goals from range from time to time. What has Parker done to show you he has shooting ability?

Im a fan of Scotty's by the way, think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. But he just hasnt got the ability to score from range mate.

Lets not say Emre is crap at set pieces, he's not the best at scoring directly from a freekick, but half our goals have come form his freekicks and corners.

I doubt it.

Want me to compile a list of goals this season from his corners or set pieces?

The fact that he has scored 3 like that and has gone close on various other occasions. Its like speaking to a special school on here sometimes  :lol:

Players like Shola, you know they are very very rarely going to see him hit a ball with power from 30 years but Parker can do this. Is it THAT hard to understand?

Its like saying "how do you know Alonso has the ability to put one in the back of the net from 40+ yards even though he has only done it twice"!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The fact that he has scored 3 like that and has gone close on various other occasions. Its like speaking to a special school on here sometimes :lol:

Players like Shola, you know they are very very rarely going to see him hit a ball with power from 30 years but Parker can do this. Is it THAT hard to understand?

Its like saying "how do you know Alonso has the ability to put one in the back of the net from 40+ yards even though he has only done it twice"!

Alonso regularly scores from long distance and can score from even greater distance because he has good shooting technique. Parker doesn't, why is this I wonder?

How do you know he's got the ability to shoot from long range when he's only scored 3 in that style all his life? Did he have a special X-Ray that showed a super tense muscle in the thigh or something? If he had the ability he would have score a lot more.

People like Gerrrad or Lampard have shooting ability, and we know they have that ability because they score goals from range from time to time. What has Parker done to show you he has shooting ability?

Im a fan of Scotty's by the way, think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. But he just hasnt got the ability to score from range mate.

I think the difference between the Gerrards/Lampards and Parker is that they have the confidence to shoot a lot from range. Parker doesnt shoot as often as them. Lampard particularly misses shit loads of shots, but because he shoots a lot he scores more. Of course im not saying that if he did shoot more he would score as many as them but i would imagine that he would score more if he shot more.

The fact that he has scored 3 like that and has gone close on various other occasions. Its like speaking to a special school on here sometimes  :lol:

Because if Parker had tried to shoot the ball from that distance it would have ended up near the stadium of light. People dont score from that range all their lives. Somebody who does it once a season definitely has the ability to do it.