Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Is that not the same as last year though? thought people could queue up to get the resales?

No. You can now choose your seat when notified you’ve won the ballot but have a 2 day window to do so. Old system was random seats anywhere with the pricing categories.

Second phase will go on sale at a given date/time for the queue. This way it avoids the constant refresh for days upon days. Once sold that day that’s it.

Edited by LFEE

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Is that not the same as last year though? thought people could queue up to get the resales?

Yeh, but this year they are saying there's a members general sale, as well as a resale 🤷 at least that's how I read it.

To be fair this time last year we had little idea how it would all work once live, and they did tweak and change things, so who knows.

Feel like overall I might have a better chance, with being happy to accept any area and happy to log on every day :lol:

Interesting to see if there are ways to get an advantage in the resale period. If not then your queue number is kind of just like a second ballot but for even fewer tickets. 

Still thinking the night before or morning of the match is going to be a strong option. 

I didn’t take the chance to get tickets as a member so bought tickets for me and my son in The Barracks. £315 total, but hopefully it will be worth it 😁 

14 hours ago, SteV said:

@Wallsendmag would this make you reconsider getting a membership?

It has! We've renewed our 2 there. It's still by no means perfect, I'm not sure what is though, but at least getting the opportunity to select our seats, plus the slight chance of getting tickets if we are unsuccessful in the ballot is a big improvement.

16 hours ago, SteV said:

Hmmm, interesting to see if there’s any fallout from folks that have been successful for 3+ tickets in a group and then find they can’t get them all together?

Still, it’s a move to picking your own seat, which was wanted by the vast majority, so in that sense, it’s fair enough.

Id imagine that there are contingencies against that.

If the system is clever enough…

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Id imagine that there are contingencies against that.

If the system is clever enough…

We’ll see.

You might have more faith than many others…

35 minutes ago, SteV said:

We’ll see.

You might have more faith than many others…

I don’t have much either tbf.

15 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Makes the option of membership again much more intriguing, if memberships are linked and both successful separately for example, could you pick seats together?

Lead member gets to select the tickets for the group. So yes in one go.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Southampton ballot open on Tuesday morning.

Is that what you’ve heard through contacts as I couldn’t see it on the website anywhere but I could be looking in the wrong place, cheers

Edited by Paulmn

I’m right in thinking none of these changes actually change the chances of success for groups of more than one person? 

I stopped applying for tickets with my brother because it seemed so unrealistic to get two together. 

Guess I could try it and have the resale as a backup to get a single. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m right in thinking none of these changes actually change the chances of success for groups of more than one person? 

I stopped applying for tickets with my brother because it seemed so unrealistic to get two together. 

Was successful 3 times for 2 tickets last season. 

19 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

Is that what you’ve heard through contacts as I couldn’t see it on the website anywhere but I could be looking in the wrong place, cheers

They’ve sent an email out. No doubt, as usual, some will get it and some won’t. Would imagine it’ll appear on the site tomorrow morning.

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Initially, probably yes, it doesn’t really change anybody’s chances.

Where it could potentially make a difference is if people with kids realise that applying for the ‘rest of the stadium’ category, as opposed to the ‘family section’ category, gives them less chance of being sat together, forcing them into applying for family section going forward, thus reducing the demand for the other areas.

That’s obviously pure speculation on my part like, and could be utter bollocks.

36 minutes ago, SteV said:

They’ve sent an email out. No doubt, as usual, some will get it and some won’t. Would imagine it’ll appear on the site tomorrow morning.

Thanks.  I didn’t get it

18 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

Thanks.  I didn’t get it

Check your email settings/preferences in your NUFC account. Might well be that everything is ticked anyway, but worth checking for future.

55 minutes ago, SteV said:

18 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

Thanks.  I didn’t get it

For those who don’t get these emails apart from doing the obvious (check Junk folder as they do have a habit of popping up in those) check your communication settings on your accounts. 

I found out that if you’ve deselected marketing (understandable in many cases!) you don’t get the heads up on tickets/ballots as they’ve (slyly IMO) classed them in that category.

Worth a try/checking!

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Check your email settings/preferences in your NUFC account. Might well be that everything is ticked anyway, but worth checking for future.

These are my settings.  I can’t see why I’m not receiving emails and it’s not in my junk folder either

IMG_4279.png

7 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

These are my settings.  I can’t see why I’m not receiving emails and it’s not in my junk folder either

IMG_4279.png

Look fine to me. Take it you’ve signed in once with the new booking site also? Only other thing I could think might be an issue apart from the clubs archaic IT!

14 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

IMG_4279.png

Yeah, looks fine. Loads of people have had similar issues in the past despite everything seemingly being set up correctly.

You could try the equivalent of turning it off and on again by changing the tickets to ‘No’, saving, then changing back to ‘Yes’ and saving.

If it persists and you’re bothered enough to want it fixed, I’d call or go into the box office at some point.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Look fine to me. Take it you’ve signed in once with the new booking site also? Only other thing I could think might be an issue apart from the clubs archaic IT!

I think I have😀 Can you send me a link and I’ll make sure