Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

If you apply for and get 3 x tickets in the ballot, can’t you just choose 3 x seats from whatever is available when you log in i.e. you don’t have to be sat in consecutive seats  

Be an absolute pain in the arse if that isn’t the case 

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

Be interesting to see how they work this like. Can't see them having a system smart enough for it. Will also limit people's choices if they're saving bigger amounts for people

Bet you never see an application of 3 getting tickets now...

Yep, this is the exact reason I questioned how they could allow people to pick their own seats.

Hopefully they’ve got something in place to cover this, otherwise I can see it blowing up come the seat selection window.

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If you apply for and get 3 x tickets in the ballot, can’t you just choose 3 x seats from whatever is available when you log in i.e. you don’t have to be sat in consecutive seats  

You probably don’t HAVE to choose seats next to each other, but I’m intrigued to know how they handle the example in that tweet, where someone’s got kids and there’s no seats for them left to sit together.

Edited by SteV

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yep, this is the exact reason I questioned how they could allow people to pick their own seats.

Hopefully they’ve got something in place to cover this, otherwise I can see it blowing up come the seat selection window.

Is there even any T&C ? Last year wasn't to a 404 

The main reason for the change was to allow people to choose which parts of the ground they’d like to sit in and choose seats from what is available 

In the case of 3 x people, if it allowed you to select seats, but only if you can find 3 x adjacent seats then that’s going to fuck things up canny sharpish 

So hopefully seat selection will be 3 x seats anywhere, chosen by lead booker. That’s what I took it to mean when I read the new rules   

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's why I don't see this new system working. Unless it's sophisticated enough to "grey out" gaps of 3 seats if it's for single seats. 

It won’t work perfectly but I’d imagine like previous years it will encourage you if single to choose end of row and not leave single seats on end of row.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Isn't the point of that facility so you can sit together? Not sure how it worked last season, whether people applying together got sat separated or always together. 

Not technically to sit together. Just ability to choose your seats from those available.

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The lead name of the booking (of the joint application) can choose all the seats for those successful.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

You probably don’t HAVE to choose seats next to each other, but I’m intrigued to know how they handle the example in that tweet, where someone’s got kids and there’s no seats for them left to sit together.

My guess it won’t be a problem because they will have MORE seats available to choose from than SOLD so plenty of choice.

They will then fill the sections up with phase two first come first serve buyers.

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Just thinking for those with a couple of  younger kids who aren't old enough to go by themselves yet?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

My guess it won’t be a problem because they will have MORE seats available to choose from than SOLD so plenty of choice.

They will then fill the sections up with phase two first come first serve buyers.

Hmmm, perhaps.

But that probably means people can expect to average an even lower ballot success rate than last season (if there’s slightly less seats available in the ballot, and membership numbers are roughly the same).

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Hmmm, perhaps.

But that probably means people can expect to average an even lower ballot success rate than last season (if there’s slightly less seats available in the ballot, and membership numbers are roughly the same).

Not really. They would’ve had to of ran with this behind close doors to fit different groups in during ballot last year. The price of offering choice of seat instead of letting the club choose will be fairly minute if any. Think the biggest difference will be the quality of the seats available in phase two as you’d think phase one will pick the best whereas previous year the club was probably more even handed so not to be releasing just the lesser view seats.

If you recall you had people still trying to buy seats on resale knowing they could choose their (better) seat then try and sell the seats they’d won in the ballots to friends who’d missed out desperate to get in.

This new system should in theory clear all that up.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not really. They would’ve had to of ran with this behind close doors to fit different groups in during ballot last year. The price of offering choice of seat instead of letting the club choose will be fairly minute if any. Think the biggest difference will be the quality of the seats available in phase two as you’d think phase one will pick the best whereas previous year the club was probably more even handed so not to be realising just the lesser view seats.

I’m not convinced that come the weekend we won’t see a load of (alright maybe not a load, but some) disgruntled parents on SM complaining that they can’t use their ballot win cos they can’t get enough seats together.

Hopefully you’re right though and there’s enough thought and planning gone into it so that’s not the case.

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m not convinced that come the weekend we won’t see a load of (alright maybe not a load, but some) disgruntled parents on SM complaining that they can’t use their ballot win cos they can’t get enough seats together.

Hopefully you’re right though and there’s enough thought and planning gone into it so that’s not the case.

Just added a bit to my original point but if they’ve thought it through (like I have) logically then it should be fine.

So (approx figures) if 14k the regular tickets on sale per game they will just sell 10k in ballot and 4K in first come first served but the 10k will have the choice of 14k seats. Not 10k. 4K leftover will be then filled by those queuing two days later.

We’ll find out how it goes. Groups of six will have to be quick off the draw possibly but even if not should be fairly safe sat as a six. Or compromise and find two better lots of three etc.

Edited by LFEE

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just added a bit to my original point but if they’ve thought it through (like I have) logically then it should be fine.

So (approx figures) if 14k the regular tickets on sale per game they will just sell 10k in ballot and 4K in first come first served but the 10k will have the choice of 14k seats. Not 10k. 4K.

We’ll find out how it goes. Groups of six will have to be quick off the draw possibly but even if not should be fairly safe sat as a six. Or compromise and find two better lots of three etc.

Yeah, I can see the logic there.

You’ll still probably get cases of groups not being together and occasionally that might cause a problem, but as long as the numbers are small, most people would probably say that’s fair enough to give the vast majority what they asked for in terms of picking their own seat.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, I can see the logic there.

You’ll still probably get cases of groups not being together and occasionally that might cause a problem, but as long as the numbers are small, most people would probably say that’s fair enough to give the vast majority what they asked for in terms of picking their own seat.

All depends how safe the club plays it. I’m still of the opinion phase 1&2 will be split 50/50.

Therefore 7k ballot winners choosing from 14k seats. No chance no one can sit in their group sizes at that ratio surely. 

Don’t forget the club system chooses who is successful. Probably have an algorithm to allow so many of each group size being successful. So the bigger the group the less chance of success.

Edited by LFEE

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

All depends how safe the club plays it. I’m still of the opinion phase 1&2 will be split 50/50.

Therefore 7k ballot winners choosing from 14k seats. No chance no one can sit in their group sizes at that ratio surely. 

If they go that safe, surely that then impacts people’s ballot success chances, in comparison to last year?

For many on here though, it would probably be a good thing, as they would rather a larger Member general sale, as (massively generalising here obvs) they are more likely to do what they can to be available for the 10am opening, and may well be more likely to be aware of any ‘advantages’ that could be obtained one way or another in the queue system.

Just now, SteV said:

If they go that safe, surely that then impacts people’s ballot success chances, in comparison to last year?

For many on here though, it would probably be a good thing, as they would rather a larger Member general sale, as (massively generalising here obvs) they are more likely to do what they can to be available for the 10am opening, and may well be more likely to be aware of any ‘advantages’ that could be obtained one way or another in the queue system.

That impact was always going to be as soon as the club announced they were splitting the cake into an extra slice.

I think (hopefully) that more people will be happy as in theory at both stages you can pick where you sit availability allowing.

Just now, LFEE said:

That impact was always going to be as soon as the club announced they were splitting the cake into an extra slice.

I think (hopefully) that more people will be happy as in theory at both stages you can pick where you sit availability allowing.

Yeah, ultimately I think you’re probably right in that it’s giving the majority what they asked for, but you’re probably going to see more (understandable) whinges along the lines of “I’m 0 out of 14 this season, these ballots are shite”.

32 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, ultimately I think you’re probably right in that it’s giving the majority what they asked for, but you’re probably going to see more (understandable) whinges along the lines of “I’m 0 out of 14 this season, these ballots are shite”.

You’ll never stop the whingers until we build that new ground. Even then that will just create something else to whinge about 🙂

They’ll have a bigger chance this year in phase two it can be argue also. With phase three still an option also.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So does this mean if you're not around on Friday 10am to log-in, you could be stuck with the £60+ tickets? 

I suppose it means you have a greater chance of being stuck with them. It’s hard to know exactly how it will play out until we see how it goes the first time.