Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Was this posted? https://www.footmercato.net/a4170076248895688328-newcastle-le-psg-et-chelsea-veulent-jouer-un-vilain-tour-a-manchester-united-pour-kim-min-jae

I barely believed these links at first, but the Kim Min-jae talk won't go away. Basically says Man United negotiations have slowed opening the door for us and PSG. Player is keen on the PL.

Can’t see him going to PSG - haven’t they just bought Skrinar?

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Is Kim Min-Jae fast?

Only on the basis of Youtube scouting, but IMO - yes, very.

PS - the article was interesting. It suggests that Man U need to move players on before they can buy. Are they in a bit of bother with FFP? Their squad looks a bit bloated with expensive signings.

Edited by Cronky

20 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Man-U don't have anything to worry about from a FFP perspective 

If their budget is low it will be due to the Glazers 

However, once their takeover goes through they'll no doubt flex their financial muscle 

They very much do, highest net spenders in the last decade yet in the same time Chelsea have made more than half a billion more in sales. 

They’ve spunked a lot of money on a lot of shit that they’ve lost for nowt, also the wages for Casemiro et al will be very high. 

Athletic reporting their budget (even in event of a takeover) will be around £100m to not fall foul of the rules. For a squad that needs some serious money spent on it that won’t go far. 

31 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They very much do, highest net spenders in the last decade yet in the same time Chelsea have made more than half a billion more in sales. 

They’ve spunked a lot of money on a lot of shit that they’ve lost for nowt, also the wages for Casemiro et al will be very high. 

Athletic reporting their budget (even in event of a takeover) will be around £100m to not fall foul of the rules. For a squad that needs some serious money spent on it that won’t go far. 

Sadly they have lots of players they can sell to help fund transfer.

IMG_4924.jpeg

They aren’t in a Everton/Leicester situation where they are paralysed from making moves just that they have an overhaul to complete. Plus they may have players they could sell but they can’t shred their squad depth esp being back in the CL. 

How much will they get for Elanga, Van de Beek and Maguire assuming they can find buyers. The second two probably have exorbitant wages that will put off most buyers. 

Martial is a good player but is made of glass and entering the last year of his contract.

Sort explains where the McTominey links have been coming from, he looks like one of their more saleable assets. 

We both have the same issue; shite players on the books who know they’ll never get anything like the contracts they’re on. Difference is we’ve got Hendrick on £50k and they’ve got players on 5 or 6 times that much. 

34 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_4924.jpeg

Scary to think our bench options (of note) would be:

Dubravka

Burn

Schar

Targett 

Longstaff

ASM

Gordon

Anderson

Murphy

Almiron

Wilson

I do increasingly like the idea of playing Joelinton LW and using the extra defensive contribution from that spot to allow us to use a creative, goalscoring player like Maddison in the midfield three.

41 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_4924.jpeg

Man just not seeing Schar there feels so harsh after this season 

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Szob will not be playing on the wing fwiw

Isn't that where he mostly plays for RB Leipzig?

Looking at him in clips, he looks like he could play the wide positions or as one of the #8s in our system.

Might make more sense to swap him and Maddison in the above formation.

13 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Szob will not be playing on the wing fwiw

Glad its not just me that thought that was a mental lineup.

In fact I'd say there's no room for Maddison in that lineup, only the bench - you need a real right winger, and if we get the Szob, IF, I'm happy to stick with Almiron and Murphy for now in that position.

Can't replace everyone in one season and the guys we have now  know the system and are already part of the TEAM!

Edited by Irish Magpie

2 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Glad its not just me that thought that was a mental lineup.

In fact I'd say there's no room for Maddison in that lineup, only the bench - you need a real right winger, and if we get the Szob, IF, I'm happy to stick with Almiron and Murphy for now in that position.

Can't replace everyone in one season and they guys we have now  know the system and are already part of the TEAM!

It'll be Maddison or Szoboszlai and they'll most likely play on the right wing. We don't need a "real" right winger while Trippier is effectively playing that role.

45 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They aren’t in a Everton/Leicester situation where they are paralysed from making moves just that they have an overhaul to complete. Plus they may have players they could sell but they can’t shred their squad depth esp being back in the CL. 

How much will they get for Elanga, Van de Beek and Maguire assuming they can find buyers. The second two probably have exorbitant wages that will put off most buyers. 

Martial is a good player but is made of glass and entering the last year of his contract.

Sort explains where the McTominey links have been coming from, he looks like one of their more saleable assets. 

I don't think Martial is a good player

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be Maddison or Szoboszlai and they'll most likely play on the right wing. We don't need a "real" right winger while Trippier is effectively playing that role.

Calling for a real right winger and saying it should be Almiron all in the one post is provocative stuff :lol:

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Net spend is somewhat irrelevant to this as it's about profit/loss

To my knowledge they haven't posted ridiculous losses (like Chelsea/Everton etc) and they have significant revenue

A portion of their revenue goes towards dividends and also interest on the debt, a takeover clears that for them 

They definitely have scope to continue to spend big, just hope they continue to spend badly

24 minutes ago, LV said:

Was my first thought too. I love him. 

You know even if we buy Min-jae Eddie will make him earn his place. Schar will get plenty of time.

BTW, it would be hilarious if we ended up getting him because Maguire refuses to leave.